Scandal Rocks Park Ridge Mayoral Race

Scandal Rocks Park Ridge Mayoral Race

There are 66 comments on the cbs2chicago.com story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Scandal Rocks Park Ridge Mayoral Race. In it, cbs2chicago.com reports that:

On its surface, the race for mayor of Park Ridge revolves around intensely local issues, such as finding a site for a new police station, or preventing flooding on the Des Plaines River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs2chicago.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

PARK RIDGE IL.

#1 Apr 1, 2009
Oh great.

Last minute attempts to out Dave out.
JohnnyB

Bartlett, IL

#2 Apr 1, 2009
Wow. Sounds like you Park Ridge citizens have something in common with us in Niles afterall. We just got rid of our crooked mayor - you're hoping to elect one. When will politicians with dirt in their backgrounds learn that it's not a good idea to run for public office?
Frimark is Disgusting

Lansing, IL

#4 Apr 2, 2009
What Howard Frimark has done by putting out only parts of the file, that do not reveal the conclusions in the case, is cast Schmidt in a false light for the purpose of defaming him. Frimark and Linda Szczepanski, of Empower Public Relations, are behind this with their press contacts at CBS2.
CBS2 has frequently turned to Empower Public Relations for stories and comments.
To accuse Schmidt of being a "crook" is a libelous comment and should be removed.
To accuse Schmidt of being unethical based on the false light being cast by Frimark and Linda Szczepanski from Empower Public Relations is a libelous comment and should be removed.
Howard Frimark, with the assistance of Linda Szczepanski from Empower Public Relations, is a desperate man flailing around to try to salvage a losing campaign.
Hysterical

United States

#5 Apr 2, 2009
Ah now...Dave Schmidt did not disagree with all statement of his divorce paperwork. There were agreed things about the drinking and the abusive statements. Sure there are two sides to every story however, Dave has claimed to be transparent...he has claimed to be ethical...even in the best light - this information colors quite a different picture. It lets voters know...Dave is no different than Howard...he just has different issues. He is as human as the next guy. However, someone with the temper and abusiveness outlined in the divorce paperwork leads me to believe that he could transfer that behavior in his duties as well. Also, there was a psychologiacal evaluation done on Dave. The evaluation says he is very even tempered until someone disagrees with him. It indicated that he has trouble seeing that others may have different opinions than his own. How does that fit for a mayor?
Frimark is Disgusting

Lansing, IL

#6 Apr 2, 2009
What Howard Frimark has done by putting out only parts of the file, that do not reveal the conclusions in the case, is cast Schmidt in a false light for the purpose of defaming him. Frimark and Linda Szczepanski, of Empower Public Relations, are behind this with their press contacts at CBS2.
CBS2 has frequently turned to Empower Public Relations for stories and comments.
To accuse Schmidt of being a "crook" is a libelous comment and should be removed.
To accuse Schmidt of being unethical based on the false light being cast by Frimark and Linda Szczepanski from Empower Public Relations is a libelous comment and should be removed.
Howard Frimark, with the assistance of Linda Szczepanski from Empower Public Relations, is a desperate man flailing around to try to salvage a losing campaign
Hysterical Linda Ski

Lansing, IL

#7 Apr 2, 2009
Empower Public Relations, which is owned by Samuel Chapman, employs Linda Szczepanski who is responsible for the illegal conduct carried out by the Howard Frimark campaign.
HystericalLindaS ki

Lansing, IL

#8 Apr 2, 2009
Empower Public Relations, owned by Samuel Chapman, employs Linda Szczepanski who is responsible for the illegal activities carried out by the Howard Frimark campaign.
SjD

Lansing, IL

#9 Apr 2, 2009
Linda Ski is still working at Empower? I thought she got fired for gossping. Isn't that the firm that spent tons of energy promoting their gossip-free work zone?
SjD

Lansing, IL

#10 Apr 2, 2009
SjD wrote:
Linda Ski is still working at Empower? I thought she got fired for gossping. Isn't that the firm that spent tons of energy promoting their gossip-free work zone?
Empower Public Relations is indeed the pr firm that was promoting themselves as a gossip-free work environment.

However, that campaign wasn't very impressive because anyone who knows anything about pr knows that to create a buzz you have to do a little gossiping. Anyone who's ever worked at any company also knows that creating a buzz happens inside the company cloister as well as out in the public arena.

I'm somewhat familiar with Empower. Linda Ski is still working there as far as I know, but I believe she was demoted, or more kindly phrased "laterally transferred", to another position in the firm. Lateral transfers are what companies often do when they want to place someone in a position of less responsibility, but for various reasons choose not to dismiss them.
PR Pro

Lansing, IL

#11 Apr 2, 2009
Creating scandal out of partial documentation is sometimes what political pr work is all about.

One has to admire the efforts put forth by the Frimark campaign's management team. They've done what they were hired to do.

Best of the luck to the people of Park Ridge; this sort of maneuvering is difficult to overcome.
ResidentVoter

Lansing, IL

#12 Apr 2, 2009
That's the problem with all you public relations people. You don't care about anything except creating a buzz for your clients. You all have no morals or values! It's all about making the sale! The truth be dammed! It's all about gossip gossip gossip!

The joke about what do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start! I would add public relations people to the pile!

All of this is sick! Linda Ski and her client Frimark don't care anything about real people of Park Ridge or innocent bystanders, they will do anything to win! It doesn't matter who gets hurt. It doesn't matter if there is any truth to the story. They are revolting.
Frimark is Disgusting

Lansing, IL

#13 Apr 2, 2009
Howard Frimark and Linda Szczepanski can enjoy each others company roasting in hell.
Hysterical

United States

#14 Apr 2, 2009
Frimark is Disgusting wrote:
Howard Frimark, with the assistance of Linda Szczepanski from Empower Public Relations, is a desperate man flailing around to try to salvage a losing campaign
Why are you repeating yourself...why are you repeating yourself?????
Hysterical

United States

#15 Apr 2, 2009
Frimark is Disgusting wrote:
Howard Frimark and Linda Szczepanski can enjoy each others company roasting in hell.
Well then they can join you and Dave
Hysterical

United States

#16 Apr 2, 2009
ResidentVoter wrote:
That's the problem with all you public relations people. You don't care about anything except creating a buzz for your clients. You all have no morals or values! It's all about making the sale! The truth be dammed! It's all about gossip gossip gossip!
The joke about what do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start! I would add public relations people to the pile!
All of this is sick! Linda Ski and her client Frimark don't care anything about real people of Park Ridge or innocent bystanders, they will do anything to win! It doesn't matter who gets hurt. It doesn't matter if there is any truth to the story. They are revolting.
And so are those on Park Ridge Underground and Public Watchdog Park ridge who do the same to anyone else they deem to stand for something other than their belief system - hypocritical the lot of you!
Hysterical

United States

#17 Apr 2, 2009
SjD wrote:
<quoted text>
Empower Public Relations is indeed the pr firm that was promoting themselves as a gossip-free work environment.
However, that campaign wasn't very impressive because anyone who knows anything about pr knows that to create a buzz you have to do a little gossiping. Anyone who's ever worked at any company also knows that creating a buzz happens inside the company cloister as well as out in the public arena.
I'm somewhat familiar with Empower. Linda Ski is still working there as far as I know, but I believe she was demoted, or more kindly phrased "laterally transferred", to another position in the firm. Lateral transfers are what companies often do when they want to place someone in a position of less responsibility, but for various reasons choose not to dismiss them.
So Sid...commenting about this Linda gal...how is this different than the article commenting on Dave?
Hysterical

United States

#18 Apr 2, 2009
SjD wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you responding you yourself?
Hysterical

United States

#19 Apr 2, 2009
Hysterical Linda Ski wrote:
Empower Public Relations, which is owned by Samuel Chapman, employs Linda Szczepanski who is responsible for the illegal conduct carried out by the Howard Frimark campaign.
Hi "Frimark is disgusting"
Hysterical

United States

#20 Apr 2, 2009
HystericalLindaSki wrote:
Empower Public Relations, owned by Samuel Chapman, employs Linda Szczepanski who is responsible for the illegal activities carried out by the Howard Frimark campaign.
Again...repeating yourself!
ResidentVoter

Lansing, IL

#21 Apr 2, 2009
Hysterical, take your sleazy pr ass back to your sleazy Empowered company and choke on your own vomit.

The people of Park Ridge don't need or want your kind in our town. You are nothing but sleaze.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,684,258
Sick of commercials with mix couples 26 min LOONS GONE WILD 7
maxine waters 40 min LOONS GONE WILD 11
Golf Music Thread 48 min Musikologist 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 243,246
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Thor156 11,776
America is loosing it's HERITAGE and HISTORY. 3 hr Useful IdiotsR Wi... 1

Park Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Ridge Mortgages