Arrested teen causes cop car to crash, Des Plaines police say -...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

After kicking out the rear window of a Des Plaines police car, a combative and intoxicated teenager was moved to another squad car, where he kicked the plexiglass partition so violently, the distracted driver ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Jun 7, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tony

Bartlett, IL

#1 Jun 4, 2008
report is false sue them
Intelligent Person

Niles, IL

#2 Jun 9, 2008
The drive was not far.

The police officer should have been paying attention to the road. I'm sure they will try their hardest to blame everything on the kid and make the cop look like a dog with his tail between his legs saying "i dun nothin".

Police officers should be (if they already aren't) trained to drive under extreme distractions.

End of story.
Support L E

Elgin, IL

#3 Jun 10, 2008
Intelligent Person wrote:
The drive was not far.
The police officer should have been paying attention to the road. I'm sure they will try their hardest to blame everything on the kid and make the cop look like a dog with his tail between his legs saying "i dun nothin".
Police officers should be (if they already aren't) trained to drive under extreme distractions.
.
.
.
.

End of story.
I agree. How dare the cops pick on this totally innocent, underage drinking, resisting arrest, cop battering, angel. Thank god your focus is where it should be. I looked on the internet, and there are at LEAST 5 or 6 different classes put on for law enforcement EVERY WEEK titled: "How to drive while your drunk teenage arrestee attempts to break yet another expensive piece of government property because mom and dad couldn't be bothered to bring him up right"
The funny part is, if the cop hadn't bothered to get "distracted" and check on the kid, then the cop would have been blamed if the idiot had hurt himself trying the kick out the second window.
support L E

Zion, IL

#4 Jun 19, 2008
People that are that ignorant to honestley blame the officer should take the time to visit their local county jail and see all those angels....they should devote their days to helping all these way word individuals...What a joke!
haha

Round Lake, IL

#6 Aug 18, 2008
haha thats my freind your talkin about that did that lol
Slaz

Mount Prospect, IL

#7 Jan 9, 2009
Ha the police in Des Plaines are a joke they sit around in parking lots 4 hours talking to one another not paying attention to wats going on n if not that they sit around "trying" to catch speeders. Its not a surprise that they crashed their not used to driving around wit sum1 actually in the back of their squad car thats causing problems
WAT

Bartlett, IL

#8 Jan 11, 2009
Slaz wrote:
Ha the police in Des Plaines are a joke they sit around in parking lots 4 hours talking to one another not paying attention to wats going on n if not that they sit around "trying" to catch speeders. Its not a surprise that they crashed their not used to driving around wit sum1 actually in the back of their squad car thats causing problems
WAT????? No more school for you?
Maybe you should go back to school and learn english instead of looking at officers converse in parking lots!
fcuk DP cops

Des Plaines, IL

#9 Feb 6, 2009
i am a DP resident, and i don't know a single person who respects the cops in this town. they are a joke. the town is against them. without reading more than this article on the story - i can say i support this kid.
anon

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 6, 2009
Gee wiz it sure it comforting that intoxicated and combative teens have some support out there!!!

May I as what exactly did the DP police do to you?? Exactly what infraction would a person have to do for you to be on the side of the police. We already know that drunk and disorderly along with damage to city property is OK with you. How about armed robbery?
Skokie

Skokie, IL

#11 Feb 11, 2009
If he damn kicked the window out, and they didn't put his drunk ass in a crazy suit? At least make sure the kid is fully restrained the 2nd time. Their mistake.

And half of the cops out there are flunked out frat buys to begin with. Some may be ex-Marines and what not, who can't respect that. But a fat slob who assumes every group of kids with a Gatorade bottle is getting drunk should not be respected.
Serious

Lake Zurich, IL

#12 Mar 4, 2009
The Des Plaines cops are dirty corrupt bastards; they will blame you for everything and even go to court and lie on the stand.

Take it from me, I've gone through shit with these no-good sons-of-bitches and my lawyer made them look like assholes in front of the judge. The two cops that testified against me lied on the stand and neither one had matching stories. These bastards violated my rights several times and if I would have had the money to retain a lawyer that handled civil suits I would sue their asses off and made sure the officers involved were fired.

My advice to everyone: stay out Des Plaines unless you have the time and money to be harassed by the corrupt cops.

And everyone thought that Rosemont was bad; well look what town got approved for the Casino Des Plaines.

Since: Nov 07

Dublin, OH

#13 Mar 4, 2009
Amazing that some people will sit here and utilize this story to take shots at the cops, yet ignore the real issue.

Why was this teenager drunk, hostile, distructive, and ultimately a nuicanse to society? Why don't some of you comment on that?

I suppose I see why many parts of DesPlaines is so trashy.
anon

Northbrook, IL

#14 Mar 4, 2009
Serious:

I am sorry you had a bad experience with the police. Having said that, I must tell you I am skeptical of your story - even the limited information you choose to provide. What did the case involve? What were you accused of? You say the police flat our lied on the stands? Were they repremanded by the court or their superiors for lying - I mean that's perjury.

You say you would have sued but you did not have the money. So you are telling me that not one single ambitious lawyer would take this case on a contingency basis? What a great way for them to get publicity. Your rights were violated?? How about the ACLU? They have tons of lawyers and they love that stuff?

All this slamming of the police brought on by a story about some drunk punk kicking out a windshield of a police car. Many of the posters reactions here is to blame the police.

We have choices in our life and there are consequences for those choices. It is called being a adult.

If what you claim in your post is true than you should have no problem finding a lawyer willing to represent you with no money unless you win. Good freakin' luck with your case - like that will ever happen!!
Serious

Crystal Lake, IL

#15 Mar 10, 2009
anon wrote:
Serious:
I am sorry you had a bad experience with the police. Having said that, I must tell you I am skeptical of your story - even the limited information you choose to provide. What did the case involve? What were you accused of? You say the police flat our lied on the stands? Were they repremanded by the court or their superiors for lying - I mean that's perjury.
You say you would have sued but you did not have the money. So you are telling me that not one single ambitious lawyer would take this case on a contingency basis? What a great way for them to get publicity. Your rights were violated?? How about the ACLU? They have tons of lawyers and they love that stuff?
All this slamming of the police brought on by a story about some drunk punk kicking out a windshield of a police car. Many of the posters reactions here is to blame the police.
We have choices in our life and there are consequences for those choices. It is called being a adult.
If what you claim in your post is true than you should have no problem finding a lawyer willing to represent you with no money unless you win. Good freakin' luck with your case - like that will ever happen!!
FYI: This happened years ago and my wife and I were harassed by these pigs. As for the lawsuit, I only had a year or two file a suit against them. No the so called cops that were involved did not get in trouble for nothing. As for not having the money is the fact, there were only about two lawyers that handled civil suits in IL and I met with one of them and in order to start the suit he would need 10 thousand dollars up front seein that the case was so complicated. I will not go into detail because I know the cops are dirty and who knows what they would do.

This was not a laughing matter, if you think it's bullshit then why don't you go do something in Des Plaines and see how these rotten bastards treat you. I have no respect for any law inforcement officer in Des Plaines, IL.
anon

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 10, 2009
Unfortunately I got a speeding ticket on Lee in Des Plaines about a year ago. I was going about 8 over the posted limit. You know what the office did? He wrote me a ticket!!! He MUST be a "dirty pig".

Again, I am sorry you had a bad experience. I am by no means saying that the police in Des Plaines, or any town, are perfect.

But when I see the posts on this thread, brought on by a drunk kid, and see the number of people whose reaction is to vent on the police, I am sorry but I see it as a lot of crap.

By the way, to say that there are or were only 2 lawyers in Illinois who handle civil suits is "a laughing matter".
hahaha

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Mar 31, 2009
Des Plaines has nothing better to do but write tickets. DP Cops give speeding tickets for 4 MPH over, which is pathetic. Unfortunately the kid did not kick through the plexi glass and kick that cop str8 in the head.
GoTheLimit

Park Forest, IL

#18 Apr 2, 2009
If you don't drive like an idiot, you won't get a ticket.
Speeder

Park Forest, IL

#19 Apr 2, 2009
You're no fun! You want Des Plaines to go broke?
GloriaJ

Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 3, 2009
This could have been so much worse!
anon

Chicago, IL

#21 Apr 3, 2009
I'll bet the crash was noisy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,101,293
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min University Student 49,476
Word (Dec '08) 4 min _Zoey_ 4,663
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 min _Zoey_ 4,682
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,519
Szeszol named River Grove Library trustee (Mar '10) 33 min Swisher 839
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min truth-facts 46,371
•••
•••
•••

Park Ridge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Park Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Park Ridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Park Ridge
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••