UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS: School Fears S...

UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS: School Fears Students at Texas Conference Co...

There are 45 comments on the Fox4KC story from May 18, 2010, titled UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS: School Fears Students at Texas Conference Co.... In it, Fox4KC reports that:

Attending college is perfectly legal for many undocumented students in the state of Kansas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
confused american

Jefferson City, MO

#1 May 18, 2010
"undocumented" students and/or "illegal aliens" (emphesis on "illegal") are protesting the law? Why haven't they been investigated by immigration? In a country where law enforcement officials are prohibited from asking for documents proving any individual's legal citizenship, visa, passport, etc... because of discrimination laws, american's are held to the law regardless of the circumstances. These students are screaming out to the public, on television, that they are illegal. In the same country an American citizen breaks the law and they are punished, sometimes harshly or unfairly but because it is the law, it is enforced. Our grandson was recently enrolled in kindergarten and we were required to submit (legal) citizenship documentation, birth certificate, social security card, residency. How did these students get away with enrollment? If these students are not deported, along with their families (if they are not legal citizens) then there is something very wrong with our system. They aren't hiding their crime. They're on television proclaiming their guilt and blaming others for not being treated fairly? I'm confused.
Proud American

Clinton, MO

#3 May 18, 2010
This should not have been a news story.... feel sorry because ILLEGALS have a chance of getting deported? Come on. I am all for immigrants coming over here and bettering themselves LEGALLY.
citizen

Lees Summit, MO

#4 May 18, 2010
If the students aren't legal then what are they doing here taking up a seat paid for by tax payers? Illegal students go back to where you came from and stop complaining. You are here illegaly and don't respect America or our laws. Come back legally and we will welcome you. No amnesty. It's not going to happen. How much back taxes do you owe?
US CITIZEN

United States

#5 May 18, 2010
REALLY?! I am appalled that this was even a story or even that someone had spent time on writing this story! I am a United States citizen, a single mother attending college full time and working full time and I BARELY get the help I need. No wonder, we are funding for illegal immigrants to attend college on the "hush hush." Let them get deported! WOW!
I see stupid people

Olathe, KS

#6 May 18, 2010
confused american wrote:
"undocumented" students and/or "illegal aliens" (emphesis on "illegal") are protesting the law? Why haven't they been investigated by immigration? In a country where law enforcement officials are prohibited from asking for documents proving any individual's legal citizenship, visa, passport, etc... because of discrimination laws, american's are held to the law regardless of the circumstances. These students are screaming out to the public, on television, that they are illegal. In the same country an American citizen breaks the law and they are punished, sometimes harshly or unfairly but because it is the law, it is enforced. Our grandson was recently enrolled in kindergarten and we were required to submit (legal) citizenship documentation, birth certificate, social security card, residency. How did these students get away with enrollment? If these students are not deported, along with their families (if they are not legal citizens) then there is something very wrong with our system. They aren't hiding their crime. They're on television proclaiming their guilt and blaming others for not being treated fairly? I'm confused.
Apparrently confused it only counts for US that are already American citizens. There are undocumented students all over the metro area. Whey they graduate from HS they can go to college the sad part is they cannot legally be hired because they are not US citizens. The US cannot refuse education to anyone not even undocumented. If they have the money they can attend any college that they are accepted at.
I see stupid people

Olathe, KS

#7 May 18, 2010
US CITIZEN wrote:
REALLY?! I am appalled that this was even a story or even that someone had spent time on writing this story! I am a United States citizen, a single mother attending college full time and working full time and I BARELY get the help I need. No wonder, we are funding for illegal immigrants to attend college on the "hush hush." Let them get deported! WOW!
I agree with you let them get deported but then the public would be screaming at JCCC for not protecting them. When we go to another country including Mexico and Canada we have to have documentation. Our government tells us they wont be coming to get us if there is an international incident nor will they be involved in any incident. Apparrenty everyone is so eager to portect the illegals and not appear racist. Kinda strange isnt it? Americans cant afford college for themselves or children and illeals are right up there with everything they need and want. Makes you really feel welome and trust your government doesnt it? Look in the grocery stores you cant even read the labels on the food. Its all written in Spanish. Everyone is so eager to please the illegals. I wont be shopping at Aldies any more.
vandy

Portland, TX

#8 May 18, 2010
la raza is a feircly racist organization. deport them all!
I see stupid people

Olathe, KS

#9 May 18, 2010
citizen wrote:
If the students aren't legal then what are they doing here taking up a seat paid for by tax payers? Illegal students go back to where you came from and stop complaining. You are here illegaly and don't respect America or our laws. Come back legally and we will welcome you. No amnesty. It's not going to happen. How much back taxes do you owe?
Back taxes and anchor babies. That is their security . They dont pay taxes and their children are eligible for medicade. There is a 90 back up on medicade and can be up to 6 weeks becuase they have to check all the eligibilities for the illegals that have applied. The illegals themselves are not eligible but their children are if they were born in the US. It means they can collect SSI disability if they have disabled. They are eligible for welfare, child care assistance, WIC and child support through the state. Want to know where your tax dollars are going? There you have it. After 5 yrs of no benefits wheather you are legal or you then you get the above benefits. They also qualify for food stamps.
I see stupid people

Olathe, KS

#10 May 18, 2010
That is 90 days to 6 months back up in getting medicare since so many have applied. There are not enough workers to process the claims.
Just Cause

Chicago, IL

#11 May 18, 2010
Illegal is illegal, with no exceptions. Why are these people in our country and attending college? How does one get in to a school without being a citizen and without a visa? Shouldn't part of the requirement for admission to show proof of some documentation to indicate a temporary student status with a visa, driver's license, etc.? I guess it comes down to money, unfortunately.

I am all for the AZ decision to herd 'em up and throw 'em back. They are consuming my tax dollars.
GoArizona

Kansas City, MO

#12 May 19, 2010
Very much in favor of the Arizona law to send all illegals back to Mexico or whereever and let them come here through the legal process. If they want to go on the trips, let them -- and let them get arrested and sent back (along with their families). Why would a college sanctify illegals? Isn't that aiding a criminal since it is illegal to be here without proper documentation? Also, don't understand everything being put into Spanish...this is the U.S. we speak English here and anyone coming here should learn the language.
I see stupid people

Olathe, KS

#13 May 19, 2010
Just Cause wrote:
Illegal is illegal, with no exceptions. Why are these people in our country and attending college? How does one get in to a school without being a citizen and without a visa? Shouldn't part of the requirement for admission to show proof of some documentation to indicate a temporary student status with a visa, driver's license, etc.? I guess it comes down to money, unfortunately.
I am all for the AZ decision to herd 'em up and throw 'em back. They are consuming my tax dollars.
They are raping our economy. Once they have an anchor baby they are here for good. That makes them elegible for any and all social services.
jerry

Kansas City, MO

#14 May 19, 2010
They have no rights, they are not citizens of the US, they have done nothing for the country but take from it, and if they are not here legally then "SEND THEM BACK"! Politically correct days are coming to an end so if you dont like it then go back to Mexico.
sks

Kansas City, MO

#15 May 19, 2010
how can we wake the government up and get the illegals out of this country. they are sucking up so many tax dollars that could be used to keep teachers working and schools open. ALL should be deported and put on a no enter list. if they want to start their little "club", go back to your own country and start it. who is paying for their education? they work for money under the table. they "steal" social security numbers. i just don't get why they are allowed to continually break the law and get away with it. The US citizen is getting the short end of the stick here and it is not right. DEPORT ALL ILLEGALS....PERIOD
Bill

Overland Park, KS

#16 May 19, 2010
Last update I could find indicated the illegal count was a little under 12 million and 56% of them were from Mexico. I agree, deport them all.
MDuncn

United States

#17 May 19, 2010
Proud American wrote:
This should not have been a news story.... feel sorry because ILLEGALS have a chance of getting deported? Come on. I am all for immigrants coming over here and bettering themselves LEGALLY.
Key word LEGALLY
my-opinion-2

Kansas City, MO

#18 May 19, 2010
Wonder why Obama doesn't do anything? Cause he is illegal too. I feel, we the common citizen should be allowed to make citizen arrest and have them deported.

I am personally tired of having to press 1 for english...stop catering to all the others and send them back.

Impose taxes on the companies that have taken our jobs over seas. Keep what is made in USA here, and don't let other countries import, close the boarders, once all is in place, They play by our rules or don't play at all. I realize that we will have to go backward in order to move forward...take back our country...it is past time that we clean house, that includes our white house and all its bad apples there.
u r just jelous

Kansas City, MO

#19 May 19, 2010
you guys are jjust jelous cause all of the latino community is simply the best. and we work hard to have what we need and want. if your such an american why are you on welfare or asking for money on the side of the road and sleeping under the bridge? at least these students are trying to be a better person why because we as hispanics dont like to live off of others like americans do. oh by the way undocumented people pay their taxes if you knew so much you would know that you just dont need your ss number to pay maybe you guys should do more research before opening your mouth. oh by the way you say you dont like us then stop eating our food. and stop going on vacation to latin american countries you hungry bastards
john

Overland Park, KS

#20 May 19, 2010
u r just jelous wrote:
you guys are jjust jelous cause all of the latino community is simply the best. and we work hard to have what we need and want. if your such an american why are you on welfare or asking for money on the side of the road and sleeping under the bridge? at least these students are trying to be a better person why because we as hispanics dont like to live off of others like americans do. oh by the way undocumented people pay their taxes if you knew so much you would know that you just dont need your ss number to pay maybe you guys should do more research before opening your mouth. oh by the way you say you dont like us then stop eating our food. and stop going on vacation to latin american countries you hungry bastards
If the latino is so great, why do you people leave your home countries? Aren't you home countries latino also? Could you name a latino country that is a modern democratic country?
Lynda

Washington, DC

#21 May 19, 2010
u r just jelous wrote:
And you are just ignorant. If you are so much better than us and such beter workers...go back and fix your country. Its people like YOU that make the others look bad. I am all for someone coming to this country to make their lives better (my grandmother came over from Italy to make a better life). What I dont agree with is doing it illegally. THAT is what everyone is so angry about. We dont care if you come over here....just do it the legal way. Dont sneak into the country in the back of a van, then complain when American Citizens are angry that you are cheating the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Dec '16 What 181
News Keighley Alyea Latest: Missing Teen's Family & ... (Oct '09) Oct '16 Your cousin Sarah 116
Debate: Health Care - Oakley, KS (Dec '09) Jan '16 Nigerian Prince T... 6
News BCS Overland Park, KS Reports Year to Date Incr... (Aug '10) Aug '15 lgmester 4
News Cop Does Heartfelt Favor for Shoplifting Mom (Jul '15) Jul '15 Spotted Girl 4
News Cop pays for groceries, baby items of homeless ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dee 1
Raised in Quinter (Jan '09) Apr '15 seth 3

Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Mortgages