Woman Commits Suicide in OP Library Parking Lot

Full story: Fox4KC 73
Police say that a woman shot and killed herself in an Overland Park library parking lot on Tuesday evening. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#2 Jun 16, 2010
1 smart cookie wrote:
she was a dumb 4 that
That is mean to say. I hope you never have a life filled with problems.
ArmyMom

Leavenworth, KS

#3 Jun 16, 2010
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I pray for her soul, but especially the family and friends she left behind. They need it most, whether they know it or not.
anonymous2

Lenexa, KS

#4 Jun 16, 2010
I lost 2 loved ones in my direct family the same way. It's cruel to say what you did 1 Smart Cookie not knowing all the facts or realizing you are hurting the family and friends left behind. I still don't know exactly why my family members did what they did, but 16 years later I still hurt every day I think about them. God rest this person's soul and grant comfort and peace to her family and friends. Please be respectful of them at this tragic time.
Billie

Kansas City, MO

#5 Jun 16, 2010
anonymous2 wrote:
I lost 2 loved ones in my direct family the same way. It's cruel to say what you did 1 Smart Cookie not knowing all the facts or realizing you are hurting the family and friends left behind. I still don't know exactly why my family members did what they did, but 16 years later I still hurt every day I think about them. God rest this person's soul and grant comfort and peace to her family and friends. Please be respectful of them at this tragic time.
My condolences for the loss of your family members.

To 1 Smart Cookie, you're not so smart if you don't have something decent to say in the face of such a tragic story. Next time, use whatever smarts you think you have and keep it to yourself.

Suicide is, indeed, a permanent solution to a temporary situation. However, I intimately understand the pain & suffering some of us go through which may lead us to believe suicide is the only way to stop it all.

If this woman perceived this was the only way out of her troubles, then like Anonymous2 I hope this woman find peace in the afterlife. It's usually the lack thereof in this life which causes one such distress in the first place.
Pappy

Macon, MO

#6 Jun 16, 2010
A rough call for the police.
Amber

Lenexa, KS

#7 Jun 16, 2010
87th and Farley is OLD Overland Park and kind of a crummy neighborhood. Why wouldn't she at least fly to the Grand Cayman Islands or Nassau, Bahamas to do it??? The parking lot of a library in a crappy part of town is kinda lame.
Idiot

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Amber wrote:
87th and Farley is OLD Overland Park and kind of a crummy neighborhood. Why wouldn't she at least fly to the Grand Cayman Islands or Nassau, Bahamas to do it??? The parking lot of a library in a crappy part of town is kinda lame.
Amber, are you serious? You have no idea what kind of problems this woman was facing. She may not have had any money to speak of to take a vacation! And crummy neighborhood? I fail to see what is so crummy about it. I lived a block or so away from that library a couple years ago and it was a wonderful area to be in. Still is, as I frequent there a lot. Obviously this woman was facing some serious problems or was suffering from depression, bipolar, or some other mental condition. Please think about what you are posting...
EPIDEB

Kansas City, MO

#9 Jun 16, 2010
1 smart cookie wrote:
she was a dumb 4 that
You are quite an unfeeling person!!! You have no idea what this person must have been going through to commit such an act against herself...

You should apologize to this family!!!
EPIDEB

Kansas City, MO

#10 Jun 16, 2010
Amber wrote:
This statement makes YOU lame!!! you are unbelievable!!!
Just Me

Kansas City, MO

#11 Jun 16, 2010
OLD? Overland Park?
Amber what planet are your from? It's not crummy at all. "Normal" burbs. Perhaps she wouldn't have killed herself if she could have afford the luxery of flying to Cayman.

For what it's worth - my take on suicide is that everyone has the right to end their own life. I know it's hard for the confused people who are left behind....
Amber

Lenexa, KS

#12 Jun 16, 2010
Just Me - The planet I'm from is called Leawood and it's WAY better than OLD Overland Park. 87th and Farley is total crap and you know it. I work really close to there and it totally sucks! There is absolutely NOWHERE to eat or shop :( If she couldn't afford to fly to the Caymans she could've asked her parents to send her or something. I LOVE the Caymans but Aruba is my new favorite. P.S.- Don't ask the locals about that Natalie Halloway thing cause the get really-really mad.... Trust me I know for a FACT :)
Really

Cranberry Twp, PA

#13 Jun 16, 2010
Amber - just shut up and get back to work. Maybe you have a crummy job because you are an idiot.
wyandotte resident

Washington, DC

#14 Jun 16, 2010
Amber get off of here and get a life you rich, spoiled, snob

I just lost someone very close to me because of suicide and its a terrible tragedy for a family to have to go thru. My prayers are with the family right now
A Reader

Mission, KS

#15 Jun 16, 2010
Really???? I can't believe that 1 smart cookie and Amber actually had the guts to be so cruel and heartless on here.

Amber you need to keep your stuck up nose in Leawood and leave the rest of us alone. The rest of the world doesn't need your snobbyness. I'll be a plain ole person any day. At least I know that my feet are planted firmly on the ground and I'm not going to drown with my nose turned up.

Also my condolences to everyone that has lost a family member or friend to sucide.
Amber

Lenexa, KS

#16 Jun 16, 2010
Really - I happen to have a WONDERFUL job and I DON'T have to get back to work cause my dad owns the company :)!!! The only thing that is revolting about my incredible career is driving through OLD Overland Puke to get here :( He owns the building now so I guess I'm stuck forever. Oh well could be worse..... Like having to live in Wyancrap :) JK - that was kinda mean.
Wow

Kansas City, MO

#17 Jun 16, 2010
Amber, Just wondering if you would have wonderful job if daddy didn't own it!!!! You may think you are above everyone and everything right now but someday you could hit rock bottom or at least maybe grow up and have some feelings. don't judge until you have walked in their shoes or lived their life.
Really

Washington, DC

#18 Jun 16, 2010
Amber wrote:
Really - I happen to have a WONDERFUL job and I DON'T have to get back to work cause my dad owns the company :)!!! The only thing that is revolting about my incredible career is driving through OLD Overland Puke to get here :( He owns the building now so I guess I'm stuck forever. Oh well could be worse..... Like having to live in Wyancrap :) JK - that was kinda mean.
You are a stuck up snotty waste of vaginal fluid! Your father really should have pulled out. I would love to see your face when you realize that "daddy" isnt always gonna be there to hand you that silver spoon.
Advisor

Ann Arbor, MI

#19 Jun 16, 2010
Hey folks,

Tip: Don't feed the trolls (of which Amber is evidently one). If you ignore it, it will get bored and go away.
Cheryl

United States

#20 Jun 16, 2010
Tragic news - I go to that library frequently. Maybe a sign of the times with this crappy economy?
Morgan

Memphis, TN

#21 Jun 16, 2010
I live right next to this Library and it's sad that you're not even safe in Johnson county and to do this in a PUBLIC place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Nov 28 MichFan 165
When staging a home, give every room a role - S... Sep '14 Tim Stanford Yoc... 1
Debate: Health Care - Oakley, KS (Dec '09) Sep '14 Sgt Trenton L Rhea 4
Roeland Park, KS approves Non-discrimination po... Aug '14 sue 1
Arkansas Best Freight's biggest competitor on b... (Jun '09) Aug '14 wow 5
US Jewish security arm holds international summit (Jun '14) Jun '14 ROSENBERG 1
Holder to deliver remarks in Overland Park (Apr '14) Apr '14 jeffry helms 4
Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Park