Young Skateboarder Hospitalized After Being Run Over by Truck

Full story: Fox4KC 17
An eight-year-old boy is in a Kansas City hospital after he was accidentally run over while riding his skateboard in Overland Park on Wednesday evening, authorities said. Full Story
Just me

Overland Park, KS

#1 Jun 3, 2010
Complete ignorance. The 16 year old driver should be punished - and why in gods name would they take the 8 year old to an apartment before calling 911 - Obviously not very bright kids.
OMG

Lees Summit, MO

#2 Jun 3, 2010
WHERE ARE THE PARENTS???
anonymous

Jefferson City, MO

#3 Jun 3, 2010
So Sad, the boy & family are in my prayers
PRAYERS

Kansas City, MO

#4 Jun 3, 2010
They were both kids who made a mistake. Clearly some parental or adult guidance would've been nice. It's easy to judge after something horrible like this has happened. Just try to remember they were both kids and imagine how the family feels now. I will pray that the boy isn't suffering from life threatening injuries and will make a full, speedy recovery and that his brother will learn from this mistake and not be too hard on himself.

Since: Jan 10

United States

#6 Jun 3, 2010
Jay wrote:
That's white Kids for you!
What does race have to do with this? What an irrelevant and random comment! This could have happened to anybody. Kids are going to be kids... accidents happen; some worse than others. It's easy for people watching from a distance to tell the parents they should have prevented this from happening. Parents can't hold onto their children's hands until they turn 18. I hope the boy recovers. My prayers go out to the family!
wow

Kansas City, MO

#7 Jun 3, 2010
Just me wrote:
Complete ignorance. The 16 year old driver should be punished - and why in gods name would they take the 8 year old to an apartment before calling 911 - Obviously not very bright kids.
All kids do this - Michael J Fox made it popular in the 80's with the Back to the Future movies. Be careful about judging the 16 yr old - I'm sure the horrible guilt he is inflicting upon himself is more more of a punisment than a judgmental person like yourself could ever begin to impose on him. And, possibly he ran a few yards to the apartment to call 911. I hope you are never in a high-stress situation like this and have your intelligence questioned - you may not fare well either.
ashley

Kansas City, MO

#8 Jun 3, 2010
good thing hes still alive i dont think he will do it again
Family Member

Leavenworth, KS

#10 Jun 3, 2010
The boy driving the truck is not his brother. The 16 year old is the son of the 8 year old father's girlfriend.
pffft

Blue Springs, MO

#11 Jun 3, 2010
Jay wrote:
Yep, no speeding without a drivers license, no drugs, no guns, just goofing around and keeping to themselves. An unfortunate accident and a huge lesson to be learned thats for sure. I bet they won't do that again unlike those "other" kids. I bet the older brother feels like crap. Prayers go out to both of them.
Jen

Osawatomie, KS

#12 Jun 3, 2010
Where are the parentsat? This is crazy, why would you allow your child to this. I think the brother would deserve to have charges. Coming from knowing and speaking on behalf YOU CANT REPLACE YOUR CHILD. I understand if this is not posted sorry had to vent.
Rev Al Sharpton

Lees Summit, MO

#13 Jun 3, 2010
Jay wrote:
Typical African Americans.....ignorant...on most things...
Bill W

Shawnee Mission, KS

#14 Jun 3, 2010
Rev Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical African Americans.....ignorant...on most things...
Topix allows us to be as mean as possilbe to people we have never seen.
mom

Kansas City, MO

#15 Jun 9, 2010
Jen wrote:
Where are the parentsat? This is crazy, why would you allow your child to this. I think the brother would deserve to have charges. Coming from knowing and speaking on behalf YOU CANT REPLACE YOUR CHILD. I understand if this is not posted sorry had to vent.
i am the mother of child that was hit to clear a few things up me and his father are divored i had droped him off to his father not even an hour after dropping him off io get this awful phone call about my son being ran over dad should of been out watching him
mom

Kansas City, MO

#16 Jun 9, 2010
OMG wrote:
WHERE ARE THE PARENTS???
i am the mnother of the little boy ran over he had been droped off to his fathers house not even been there for an hour when this trady happened but he is home from the hospital with a broken bone and some scrapes and bruises but is doing well. his fatherand girlfriend son will be charged. a mothers nightmare
mom

Kansas City, MO

#17 Jun 9, 2010
Jen wrote:
to clear things up i am the mother of the child and he i had dropped my son off to his father we are divoreced and he hadnt beenb with his father an hour when this happen so the question is where was the father in all this i understand u r venting but i will be bringing charges on his father and the 16 year old
mom

Kansas City, MO

#18 Jun 9, 2010
to clear up some of the comments i am the mother of the lil boy who was ran over. his father and i are divored i had dropped my lil boy off to him that day to recive a phone call an hour later that his girlfriends son had ran my son over. question needs to be where was the father at.also to clear up the 16 year old is not his brother. he has spent 7 days in the hosptial and my son and i are fially home he is doing well with a broken pelvic bone and some scrapes and bruises.he is going to make a full recovery. thank u for all your prayers nad thoughts gods bless u all
April

United States

#19 Feb 24, 2013
mom wrote:
to clear up some of the comments i am the mother of the lil boy who was ran over. his father and i are divored i had dropped my lil boy off to him that day to recive a phone call an hour later that his girlfriends son had ran my son over. question needs to be where was the father at.also to clear up the 16 year old is not his brother. he has spent 7 days in the hosptial and my son and i are fially home he is doing well with a broken pelvic bone and some scrapes and bruises.he is going to make a full recovery. thank u for all your prayers nad thoughts gods bless u all
Jenny, you are a retarded dumb a#s c#nt, I rarely use that word but for you there seems to be nothing more fitting than that deplorable word. I feel sorry for your ignorance because it has more than obviously passed onto your son. I am actually thankful that my insurance company paid out what they did into a trust fund for your son because given his level of intelligence, I sincerely doubt that he will ever graduate from college, let alone high school. I'm also glad that it was given to him in a trust fund in order to keep your drug addicted ass from using it to support you and your boyfriends low lives as# out from living under a bridge. Now go f#ck yourself and have a nice day, loser!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 12 hr dreamer 217
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Wed Annonymous 6,013
When staging a home, give every room a role - S... Sep 14 Tim Stanford Yoc... 1
Debate: Health Care - Oakley, KS (Dec '09) Sep 9 Sgt Trenton L Rhea 4
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Sep 8 Helms-persecuted ... 321
Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Aug 31 CheneyChen 160
Roeland Park, KS approves Non-discrimination po... Aug '14 sue 1
•••
•••
Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••