Overland Park Police Cracking Down on...

Overland Park Police Cracking Down on Aggressive Drivers

There are 14 comments on the Fox4KC story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Overland Park Police Cracking Down on Aggressive Drivers. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

Johnson County drivers beware, as police in Overland Park are looking to clamp down on aggressive and impatient drivers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

Concerned citizen

Kansas City, MO

#1 Oct 6, 2010
THey need to crack down north of the river it is ridiculous. I had a guy the other day followed my bumper so close in a residential neighborhood that I thought he was going to hit me. Finally I pulled over and he sped by me like he was nuts or mad I was going the spped limit not under or over. ANd he gave me a dirty look like I had done wrong!! Everyone needs to slow down and have some consideration. I agree people are just too impatient. It needs to stop. I hope the police Norht of the river do something like this too.
Just Wondering

United States

#2 Oct 6, 2010
Just don't stop for overland park police. They won't chase the ones who should be stopped and ticket those who comply with the law to pull over and stop for the police. They hammer those who obey the law and will not even pursue bank robbers.
norightturn

Liberty, MO

#3 Oct 6, 2010
I was so glad to see the police at that intersection last evening. I use that intersection every day and see so many people who think they are above the law and everyone else. Now I wish the police would also crack down on people making illegal U-turns all over the city.
CDW

Prairie Village, KS

#4 Oct 6, 2010
119th and Metcalf is not the problem. The problems are on Lamar, Nall, Roe and other side streets. Lamar is 25mph with most drivers exceeding 35mph and some pushing 45mph...20 over in a neighborhood with darting kids, joggers and people who drive 25mph. Johnson county drivers, JO tagged cars, are out of control, tailgating, cutting vehicles off, slinging profanities and general disregard for safety. OP police need to pound some sense into these idiots who they are special.
smltwnb

Kansas City, MO

#5 Oct 7, 2010
drive I35 from the north to downtown. people have no respect for anyone, not even themselves. no consideration. they are selfish individuals that think they are the only ones on the road and they can drive anyway they want to. heaven forbit if you need in the lane they are in. you WILL NOT get in front of them. it will come back to all these people someday. i only wish i could be there to see it. and i wish it were sooner than later.
smltwnb

Kansas City, MO

#6 Oct 7, 2010
i've invited MHP to ride with me for one week but, they've never taken me up on it.
Safe driver

Overland Park, KS

#7 Oct 7, 2010
Stupid b!tch headed westbound on 119th just before Mission road today in her Audi 8 with KU tags, I hope you read this. The speed limit is 35 until 100 yards before the light where it turns to 20 with a bright yellow flashing light for Nativity School. This bimbo comes flying through at at least 40 and wants to turn south on mission. She doesn't like me going twenty so she goes into oncoming traffic to go around me so she can sit at a red light in front of me. Yes, passing on a four lane with a red light 50 yards ahead.

Funny thing is, I was turning left as my TURN signal indicated and I wasn't intimidated by her fender being at the back of my pickup truck bed so I moved on over as planned. It's really too bad a cop wasn't there to see her waving her arms, honking at me insisting I pull up so she could get out of oncoming traffic. She would have had a hard time explaining that one.

Moral of the story, your Audi 8 is no match for a pickup bimbo, next time you will be buying me a new truck.

Fing B!tch!!!
toni

Olathe, KS

#8 Oct 7, 2010
We all need to slow down do not wait until the last min to leave to make it to work or appt etc.
Then get upset with me because Im obeying the law.
Another peeve is use your turn signals they let people know your intentions o yeah just because you do use does not give you the right just to pull in front of me either.
And to all those that drive down shawnee mission parkway going east bound just past Antioch this is not a third lane it goes away believe its intentions was to a turning lane from Antioch .
Pay Attention

Lone Jack, MO

#9 Oct 7, 2010
Don't forget all of the idiots on their cell phones!! You are DRIVING, put your phone DOWN, pull over and talk, just get out of my way. You are not driving with all of your senses when you are concerned with talking on the phone or texting someone. Pay Attention to your DRIVING!!
acajr

Olathe, KS

#10 Oct 7, 2010
Just a lemon aid stand for the Overlarge Park coffers..The no turn on red signs (not the correct red circle ones) so small you can not see them and you have been turning on red forever...We know Overlarge Park needs the monies....
norightturn

Liberty, MO

#11 Oct 7, 2010
acajr wrote:
Just a lemon aid stand for the Overlarge Park coffers..The no turn on red signs (not the correct red circle ones) so small you can not see them and you have been turning on red forever...We know Overlarge Park needs the monies....
The little no turn on red sign at 95th street is right beside the light. If you are looking at the light, you cannot miss the sign, despite its size.
Steve Newman

Olathe, KS

#12 Oct 8, 2010
It appears Overland Park Police should issue a warning to some of these issues. For instant at 75 & Metcalf were there are cones in the street and when you make a right turn and have to get over to the left lane right away because of the cones the officer said you have to give go 100 feet before you can change into the other lane. Give us a break. Got to get out my drivers manual for this law. At this intersection the cones are some days are in the street and other times they're on the curb. Common sense this would be a warning ticket at best, not $121.00 ticket.
Concerned citizen

Kansas City, MO

#13 Oct 13, 2010
toni wrote:
We all need to slow down do not wait until the last min to leave to make it to work or appt etc.
Then get upset with me because Im obeying the law.
Another peeve is use your turn signals they let people know your intentions o yeah just because you do use does not give you the right just to pull in front of me either.
And to all those that drive down shawnee mission parkway going east bound just past Antioch this is not a third lane it goes away believe its intentions was to a turning lane from Antioch .
I agree people just need to SLOW DOWN and have some consideration for others, alsot these idiots are causing the wrecks most of the time. And yes then those of us that are going the speed limit they are getting mad at. we need to see the police patroling more and doing what they are doing now setting up and watching these drivers, this is ridiculous how fast these people are driving. And plese use you turn signals that is why they put them in a car for a reason. We can't read your mind.
Kelly

Kansas City, MO

#14 Oct 14, 2010
smltwnb wrote:
drive I35 from the north to downtown. people have no respect for anyone, not even themselves. no consideration. they are selfish individuals that think they are the only ones on the road and they can drive anyway they want to. heaven forbit if you need in the lane they are in. you WILL NOT get in front of them. it will come back to all these people someday. i only wish i could be there to see it. and i wish it were sooner than later.
I make this drive every single day, and I will agree. The drive home is worse though. Every day I see people texting while going across the Paseo Bridge. As if it isn't dicey enough through there.

I do wonder though, when it started becoming the responsibility of the drivers on I-35 (or any other highway and interstate) to yield to the traffic coming onto the interstate. There is a yield sign on the entrance ramps but NOBODY ever yields, they just fly onto the highway and usually not at the speed of what everyone else is doing. Then you see nothing but brake lights or people cutting you off from the right lane.

It's probably been quite some time since you've done this, but read the drivers manual again, you will see that most people are doing it totally wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Dec '16 What 181
News Keighley Alyea Latest: Missing Teen's Family & ... (Oct '09) Oct '16 Your cousin Sarah 116
Debate: Health Care - Oakley, KS (Dec '09) Jan '16 Nigerian Prince T... 6
News BCS Overland Park, KS Reports Year to Date Incr... (Aug '10) Aug '15 lgmester 4
News Cop Does Heartfelt Favor for Shoplifting Mom (Jul '15) Jul '15 Spotted Girl 4
News Cop pays for groceries, baby items of homeless ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dee 1
Raised in Quinter (Jan '09) Apr '15 seth 3

Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Mortgages