Ku Klux Klan sues over Cape Girardeau...

Ku Klux Klan sues over Cape Girardeau's leafleting restrictions

There are 61 comments on the Missourian story from Sep 7, 2012, titled Ku Klux Klan sues over Cape Girardeau's leafleting restrictions. In it, Missourian reports that:

A Ku Klux Klan group claims a southeast Missouri city's ban on leafleting unoccupied vehicles violates Klan members' free speech rights, according to a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Missourian.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Cedar Rapids, IA

#1 Sep 7, 2012
If they put that crap on my car can I press charges for trespassing or something?

Cedar Rapids, IA

#2 Sep 7, 2012
I'm surprised the klan isn't bigger in cape. There are a lot of red neck hillbillies around here. I figure that would be right up their ally!
MaryA

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Sep 7, 2012
Gosh, I guess words will kill me. I am so afraid. Someone might put something on my car to make the space between my ears work, whether to agree or disagree.
Whitey Crackerhead

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Sep 7, 2012

They can cram their hate message where the sun don't shine and if I catch one on my car ,this white boy will put it there for them.

Count on it sheet jockey's.

Cedar Rapids, IA

#5 Sep 7, 2012
Whitey Crackerhead wrote:
They can cram their hate message where the sun don't shine and if I catch one on my car ,this white boy will put it there for them.

Count on it sheet jockey's.
awesome
geena

United States

#6 Sep 7, 2012
It's littering!
Mike

Arnold, MO

#7 Sep 7, 2012
So what most of you are saying is freedom of speech is ok as long as the person sending the message agrees with you?

Cape Girardeau, MO

#8 Sep 7, 2012
Mike wrote:
So what most of you are saying is freedom of speech is ok as long as the person sending the message agrees with you?
Good point, Mike.
hmmm

Brookfield, CT

#9 Sep 7, 2012
Freedom of speech is a constitutional right but my car is my property. If I don't want to read a message of hate that was outdated the day it was started then that is MY right. If they want to hand out a flier on the corner of the street then no one can stop them but it would be my choice of whether or not to take it. Freedom of speech allows someone to say or write what they want but it does not allow them to touch my property and shove their hate filled ideas in my face.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#10 Sep 7, 2012
REALLY
MaryA

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Sep 7, 2012
I am so afraid of the KKK!!!!!!!!!! I am more afraid of idiots who are afraid of freedom of speech.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 7, 2012
This sux
F Hoyt Pilcher

Jackson, MO

#13 Sep 7, 2012
Mike wrote:
As long as the primary focus of the group is not to kill, maim, or harm people of ethnic groups, skin colors, and religions, and they are not pushing the fake doctrine of White Supremacy, then let people put fliers on cars.

How many here think the KKK fits my definition of a decent group of people who accept all of the SUPREME BEINGS children as equals?:-)

“Knowledge gained from life ...”

Since: Jun 12

USA

#14 Sep 7, 2012
Say it isn't so Joe, say it isn't so :(

Sometimes I find it sad that hell is a fictional place because it would be a suiting place for sheet heads to spend eternity don't you think?
G8Rh8r

Oceanside, CA

#15 Sep 7, 2012
Freedom is, is freedom does. A flier to a church revival or the latest pizza special is just as offensive to me-- I don't like fliers on my car. But, and this is a argumentative but, noone seems to cry 'foul' when it's an ethnic promotion. To do so would be "raaaaacist" and a violation of the same freedom of speech. Just sayin...

“Don't forget the Oxford Comma!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#16 Sep 8, 2012
It kind of sounds like the KKK did it to see if they would be stopped and have their rights taken away. They were, and can now sue for probably a ridiculous amount of money.

United States

#17 Sep 8, 2012
How come those kkk people never have any teeth?

Location hidden

#19 Sep 8, 2012
guest wrote:
How come those kkk people never have any teeth?
when they turn a different color and are not white anymore they just pull them cause they can't hate the colored teeth!!!!
F Hoyt Pilcher

Jackson, MO

#20 Sep 8, 2012
G8Rh8r wrote:
Freedom is, is freedom does. A flier to a church revival or the latest pizza special is just as offensive to me-- I don't like fliers on my car. But, and this is a argumentative but, noone seems to cry 'foul' when it's an ethnic promotion. To do so would be "raaaaacist" and a violation of the same freedom of speech. Just sayin...
So according to your sick and twisted logic, a flier to a church revival, or a pizza flier is just as EVIL and dangerous as a flier promoting ethnic hatred against nonwhite people? You need immediate hospitalization. You are critically mentally ill my fiend!
Rll

Cape Girardeau, MO

#21 Sep 8, 2012
F Hoyt Pilcher wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your sick and twisted logic, a flier to a church revival, or a pizza flier is just as EVIL and dangerous as a flier promoting ethnic hatred against nonwhite people? You need immediate hospitalization. You are critically mentally ill my fiend!
spot on!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Berry's gospel band 1 hr Carlie Little 4
Brandon Horton 1 hr King of coke 8
How about this double long trailer on water tow... 2 hr Ingenuity 2
Matt Clubb and 420 Gangstalkers 4 hr Walter 1
m a c 5 hr Matt 2
Matthew Adam Clubb 5 hr Madison 219 21
Ashley Huber (Feb '15) 14 hr Hmmm 3

Park Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance