Fire Department
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
clyde

Midlothian, IL

#1 Oct 13, 2012
At the village meeting on the 10th of this month Chief Sheehy announced his retirement after 28 plus years. Deputy Chief Steve Hotwagner has been appointed to take his place as Chief.

Good Luck to both of them. D/C Hotwagner should take over by January 2013
cynical by nature

Midlothian, IL

#2 Oct 14, 2012
Things that cross my mind - Isn't he a little young to retire, or does he have other employment plans? Will he get a pension, and could he then be rehired by the department in another capacity?
truck

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 14, 2012
ok.
clyde

Midlothian, IL

#4 Oct 14, 2012
Rumor on the street is that this is a deal between the Village and Sheehy. All the details have not been released as of yet.

One thing that has been confirmed is the fact that Sheehy does not really get along with the firefighters .
Iwasone

AOL

#5 Oct 14, 2012
It's about time sheehy got out of there. His arrogance was too much. Steve will be an excellent Chief. When sheehy became Chief, he thought he could walk on water.
Village taxpayer

Blue Island, IL

#6 Oct 14, 2012
Would be interesting to know the reason. He only has about a year and a half before he has his full 30 years and full pension. Could it be that he finally got caught at something and he is being forced to "retire"
Golden Parachute

Valley, AL

#7 Oct 14, 2012
I thought it was odd that such a substandard chief would get an extra bump in pay like Steve did about 2 months ago. This of course after the 4.5% everyone got in May. I guess the village treasurer isn't the only one who gets the golden parachute.
Golden Parachute

Valley, AL

#8 Oct 14, 2012
I meant Bill, not Steve. Bill got a bump to pad his pension.
hmmm

Blue Island, IL

#9 Oct 14, 2012
He is a alright chief maybe the fd union is putting pressure on the village to get rid of him.
clyde

Midlothian, IL

#10 Oct 14, 2012
In order for Sheehy to get the bump in his pension, he had to take a few classes to get certified and or recertified.

Now Steve has all the extra work of getting the F.D. up to date with the State & Federal certifications that have not been done in the past 7 years.

Also the gas bill for the village will go down. Seeing that the residents will no longer pay for all the gas Sheehy uses. He thinks that the Chiefs car is his personal car. 80000 plus miles in 3 years
hmmm

United States

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Oh great wonder how much this is going to cost us
Kildare Kid

Highland, IN

#12 Oct 15, 2012
Why do you complain about your Fire Department.
They haven't lost one single foundation, yet
hmmmmmm

Louisville, KY

#13 Oct 15, 2012
Hahaha Kildare Kid you are funny! So are you jealous of the firefighters or just to stupid to pass the test to become one.
Kildare Kid

Highland, IN

#14 Oct 15, 2012
That my friend is a regular standard firehouse joke. Ask any fireman.. I'm not here to belittle any fireman what so ever. We need them as we do police. It's sad when some residents don't agree with me on this subject.For those that don't agree,
when your house catches fire or you have need for police, call your local pharmacy, many are open all night, see what they can do for you.
hmmmmmm

Louisville, KY

#15 Oct 15, 2012
Kildare Kid wrote:
That my friend is a regular standard firehouse joke. Ask any fireman.. I'm not here to belittle any fireman what so ever. We need them as we do police. It's sad when some residents don't agree with me on this subject.For those that don't agree,
when your house catches fire or you have need for police, call your local pharmacy, many are open all night, see what they can do for you.
Most people do not know that joke and would take it is belittling our firefighters. Thank you for clearing that up
hmmm

Midlothian, IL

#16 Oct 16, 2012
I know that joke bitches and would but a certain partime dept up against you
Good news

Elwood, IL

#17 Oct 16, 2012
Iwasone wrote:
It's about time sheehy got out of there. His arrogance was too much. Steve will be an excellent Chief. When sheehy became Chief, he thought he could walk on water.
Hotwagner is a good man. GOOD NEWS. A good choice.
J Mandarino

Blue Island, IL

#18 Oct 16, 2012
Looks like he got what's comming to him. He forced me out by kissing Tom's ass. How does it feel????
Pipe Down

Manistee, MI

#19 Oct 16, 2012
Hey MFD keep your mouth shut. You have a good job with great benefits. You are lucky with the small amount of calls you run you are not volunteer or part time..the cost in the budget for the FD can be considered way out of proportion to the amount of calls you run. Posen runs almost the same amount of calls, Tinley 0Park, Crestwood and Evergreen Park run almost double your call volume and are all part time. If they can do it so can Midlothian. So stop with you childish postings it could really hurt you in the long run.
Chuck Jr

Midlothian, IL

#20 Oct 17, 2012
I don't think that when Clyde started this page he meant to get a headhunters page started. He said all he wanted to do is let the village residents about the changes.

Chief Bill Sheehy's pending retirement
and
Chief Steve Hotwagner's pending promotion

Gentlemen the best of luck to the both of you !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Berkots 41 min sawyer 19
Hells Angels (Jun '10) 9 hr noyb 106
OFHS has 5 point grading scale why? 18 hr OF Mom 5
News Man Stabbed Sunday Morning in Oak Forest 18 hr OF Mom 22
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 19 hr Dengler 936
Blue Island go to your page Wed trumbull 9
what has olivio munoz ever done in this town (Apr '13) Wed Watching the show 25
More from around the web

Park Forest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE