Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

Judged:

with everything that has gone down with the diner, it sucks now. we went there to eat and their quality of food went down hill. you can tell that the young kids are just cooking to get it over with. and that Lisa lady just sits at the counter looking all mad and mopey the whole time with an attitude. greeeeat way to be! will not go back there again!!!! it is so sad i have been going there my whole life!

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

I think they have put to many items on the menu, that it take a lot more to get the product out. They should go back to basics and serve "Diner" food. Why do they have breakfast Burritos and so many other items. KISS, "Keep it Simple Stupid" was what I was always taught, or you end up ordering to much or to little, which takes away from the freshness of the product, or lack of a popular item.
Midlo Chickie

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

I totally agree with you Sad! BTW...Kiss is a tip chef Ramsay gives to many restaurants to help them succeed.
Baseball Parent

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

And don't forget to check with who is serving you if your fundraiser card is good or not. I tried to use one that has Lisa's dinner on there and was told the House Special is not included for the 10% off. Don't know why it is on the menu. Won't be going back there again.
Baseball Parent

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Sorry I meant Lisa's Diner.
YUCK

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

I was disappointed as well when I went to the Diner last week. I thought I would give it a try again under new ownership and was very disappointed. Kids running all over not to be mean but the overweight sweaty kid cooking my food was just not right wiping his sweat from his head with HIS HAND! No hair net yuck, impossible to enjoy the meal. They were out of a few things so I could not get what I wanted anyway. Just too many things that I saw that made me feel uneasy definitly will not be going back again:( Not a friendly enviroment hate to say it but I enjoyed it a whole lot better when Mike owned it......
Tyrone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

Please people of midli STOP BEING RACIST TOWRDS BLACKS

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

Midlo Chickie wrote:
I totally agree with you Sad! BTW...Kiss is a tip chef Ramsay gives to many restaurants to help them succeed.
We have been using that term (KISS) since before I went to culinary school(over 20 years ago). Another problem with having a bloated menu is keeping inventory, our saying was "running out is not an option", if we were running low on something, we would go to the closest grocery store if our supplier was unwilling to deliver. Its not proper to use food from a grocery store in a restaurant setting, but we never ran out of an item. When you have too many items, you have to use the WAG method of inventory and purchasing. WAG = wild ass guess.
YUCK

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Judged:

and they added a mexics menu?! the Diner has always been american food! I do not care who is cooking mexicsn food from an american restaurant will NEVER taste good! And why add mexican if I wanted mexican I would go to el burrito or sierras just makes no sense. And being open until 9 what is that? Well any way anyone have any suggestions of a good place to check out for breakfast?
YUCK

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

oopps *Mexican, sorry too early for me!
nothing in midlo

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Judged:

YUCK wrote:
and they added a mexics menu?! the Diner has always been american food! I do not care who is cooking mexicsn food from an american restaurant will NEVER taste good! And why add mexican if I wanted mexican I would go to el burrito or sierras just makes no sense. And being open until 9 what is that? Well any way anyone have any suggestions of a good place to check out for breakfast?
Kingsbury in Oak Forest
oldtimer

Highland, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Judged:

Why all this negative attitutde about the Diner? If you don't like the place, quit going there, plain and simple. But on the other hand, maybe your comments will improve the place. Take the owner to one side and explain your problems with the place. Any sensable owner will take your comments and make corrections.On the other hand, it sort of appears that you want the place to fail. If they are as bad as some posters make it. Your comments are not needed as they will put themselves out of business. Some comments are opening the door to a liable suit. That's something you don't want. Should someone file a suit, under the right of discovery, the administrator of this board would be forced to devulge your true name. If ordered by a court. I'm only tipping you off to the problems that could be forth coming.
Agreed

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

Baseball Parent wrote:
And don't forget to check with who is serving you if your fundraiser card is good or not. I tried to use one that has Lisa's dinner on there and was told the House Special is not included for the 10% off. Don't know why it is on the menu. Won't be going back there again.
I agree their service really sucks.... They have crappy trashy waitresses and crappy sloppy cooks.. So sad that they stooped so low on what they're hiring in that place!! I'd rather eat at Keystone much better wait staff and cooks= less trash!!!
larry

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

I have been in this diner Recently! I will say Lisa, Girlfriend & I only enjoyed the coffee. Ya's Service was not that great, the menu that was revised is way to long. Mexican & Etc should only be a special not an everyday item. Prices are too high, and the wait staff reminded me of the Bitterson's. Smile a little, Diplomacy goes a long way. You should develop a formal training procedure for new hires, and refresher courses for existing staff. The key points to instill in your staff are service and attentiveness. As a manager you need to make sure your staff takes customer service seriously. You can show your commitment, by demonstrating good customer service, preaching customer service, and providing training in customer service. After all, without the customer there would be no business!! I wish you luck and I hope you succeed.
hungry

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

I love the diner, and their new menu!
Oneofthefew

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Yea well you want a cookie? You're one of the few that does... Don't we all love eating at resturants with child molestors!! Their only doing this to help pay for the owner that liked to rape little boys in the @Ss! So enjoy your meal because your money is paying for that fools commisary!! Don't get a boner over it now you sick freak..
hungry

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Yes, I do want a cookie...my name is hungry. You don't have very good reading skills do you? I haven't seen any child molesters there. Well, unless I've seen you there. Sounds like I haven't seen you there though. You're molesting the readers with your filthy mouth right now. If you don't like molesters, don't be one ;)
klest

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

This Lisa's Diner is not making it. Give it 1 year and I guarantee this establishment will fold. It takes a year or longer just to make a profit. From what I see the place is never packed, except for the very few who patronize it. Surrounding all the bad karma that has come along with this diner, I surely hope you do make it. From my perspective, I do not give it long! Patronizing the Diner, means Patronizing Pedophiles. Obviously your not taking Tips From Gordon Ramsey!! Good Luck
Exactly

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

My point exactly!!!
Chickengeorge

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Yup very racist too... Il never order a to go order from there again, they stare at you like you're from another planet!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Park Forest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Park Forest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••