Crestwood mayor won't run again; endi...

Crestwood mayor won't run again; ending longtime village service

There are 121 comments on the The Southtown Star story from May 29, 2012, titled Crestwood mayor won't run again; ending longtime village service. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Robert Stranczek, who took over as the village's mayor in October 2007 after the retirement of his father, Chester, said Tuesday he won't seek re-election in April.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

Thoughts on Dino

Chicago, IL

#108 Jun 14, 2012
I actually know Dino. Hes a great successful business man but still has no experience in government. I think Dino should definitely run for office but run for Trustee or Clerk. He would 100% win that way. I think Presta will be hard to beat. Dino can then set himself up to be mayor next time around.
Trust Me

Canton, NC

#110 Jun 15, 2012
No Dino what so ever. He justs wants in so his kid could be chief. Little Dino is an @ss wipe and nothing but a punk he's still lucky he has a job there. Bill is going to run and win and win big. Theres nobody else qualified to be mayor not even bobby himself go to arizona one eye. The police and fire dept. will all get huge raises and be ok. Trust me!!!
idk

Blue Island, IL

#111 Jun 15, 2012
Trust Me wrote:
No Dino what so ever. He justs wants in so his kid could be chief. Little Dino is an @ss wipe and nothing but a punk he's still lucky he has a job there. Bill is going to run and win and win big. Theres nobody else qualified to be mayor not even bobby himself go to arizona one eye. The police and fire dept. will all get huge raises and be ok. Trust me!!!
your right about Dino and his son. Thats the only reason he wants in. I heard him even say that before "oh I'll run for mayor then make my son the chief" he was laughing about it when he said it as a joke, but when the next mayor has to appoint a chief who do you think he'd pick someone other then his son. I don't think so. Let's save the scandal. And what Bill is going to run? Graffeo? How would he swing that. He'd have to quit being the village manager to be mayor. I think he'd like to keep his job. The mayor doesnt make money! Trust me Bill G can't and will not run
Alsip

Matteson, IL

#112 Jun 15, 2012
take kitching............ PLEASE.
Trust Me

Canton, NC

#113 Jun 15, 2012
idk, your probably right about bill g. but he could do the job but wont make the money. alsip you have one hell of a mayor i think he's great. maybe thresa will run and make the dc the chief since he's been running the dept. along any ways.
loser

Blue Island, IL

#114 Jun 16, 2012
Breaking News wrote:
This just in. A meeting was held Wed night with former and current trustee's. They convinced a current village employee who a lot of people have been asking to run for mayor. He is well respected in all corners of the village. A committee was organized paper work filed and he will be announcing soon. He has the votes from long time residents, senior citizens and newer residents. He will beat anyone by a landslide. At the meetging Wed night he was a little reluctanat but the 22 people in atendance finally got him to accept their offer to run for mayor with their backing with guarentees of money and workers. Prestia has agreed to back out The new mayor is going to make changes immediately for the better. Toscas will not run when it is announced he knows the person very very well and Toscas knows he can not beat him. The committee is so excited the village will soar. The Village People's Party has been formed
What happened to the big announcement that was discussed at the meeting last week. I guess you were lying and I was telling the truth. You loser.
Phil

Blue Island, IL

#117 Oct 27, 2012
JIM - Crestwood wrote:
I have known John Toscas for many years. He is a dedicated, honest and intelligent person and a great family man. I am extremely hopeful that he will run for Mayor. He will put our Village back on track and has already taken a stand against wasting our money. No one should be bashing him or anyone else. If you think you can do a better job, run!
ill never vote for him,not a nice guy at all
Diana Zmuda

Blue Island, IL

#118 Jan 12, 2013
I wish Dino the BEST of luck in running for Mayor of Crestwood; God knows he has done a terrific job raising his kids; all his volunteer work and running a great business. He knows how to make the world a better place. I have met and spoke with him on several occasions and he is a straight forward guy that will do the Village well! Good luck and I wish I lived in Crestwood to vote for you!
DINO JOHN

Lansing, IL

#119 Jan 12, 2013
Diana Zmuda wrote:
I wish Dino the BEST of luck in running for Mayor of Crestwood; God knows he has done a terrific job raising his kids; all his volunteer work and running a great business. He knows how to make the world a better place. I have met and spoke with him on several occasions and he is a straight forward guy that will do the Village well! Good luck and I wish I lived in Crestwood to vote for you!
Could not lead this town if their life depended on it.
The me nobody knows

Calumet City, IL

#120 Jan 13, 2013
Donald Duck is would be better>
No Lou

Midlothian, IL

#121 Jan 13, 2013
DINO JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>Could not lead this town if their life depended on it.
Our lifes depended on Chet and Lou and they poisoned us.
Live Free or Die

Blue Island, IL

#122 Jan 29, 2013
How many people in Crestwood smoke??? Do you? You are poisoning yourself everyday!!! So file a lawsuit against yourself again!! See how much money you get this time?? None, you'll be losing money, AGAIN!!! The IEPA and EPA said no one was in danger, and there was very very small amounts of the chemical in the water. Would have taken 80 years of consumption to do any damage to you. Let's drop this water crap and focus on the road ahead!!!
fact check

Palos Hills, IL

#123 Jan 29, 2013
Live Free or Die wrote:
How many people in Crestwood smoke??? Do you? You are poisoning yourself everyday!!! So file a lawsuit against yourself again!! See how much money you get this time?? None, you'll be losing money, AGAIN!!! The IEPA and EPA said no one was in danger, and there was very very small amounts of the chemical in the water. Would have taken 80 years of consumption to do any damage to you. Let's drop this water crap and focus on the road ahead!!!
No sir your completely wrong. The IEPA said that at first based on crestwoods filings, their falsified filings. Once they actually tested it for themselves, they then discovered that It was contaminated. Then they said there was no safe consumption of that chemical. So you should stop saying that stuff because your wrong. If you don't mind what happened quit talking about it and move on. Because people that do care about what happened here are and should be talking about it, to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Attention Jerk Off

Chicago, IL

#124 Jan 30, 2013
fact check wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir your completely wrong. The IEPA said that at first based on crestwoods filings, their falsified filings. Once they actually tested it for themselves, they then discovered that It was contaminated. Then they said there was no safe consumption of that chemical. So you should stop saying that stuff because your wrong. If you don't mind what happened quit talking about it and move on. Because people that do care about what happened here are and should be talking about it, to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Nobody cares any more about this. Time to move on DOUCHE BAG GARY!
Crestwood

Blue Island, IL

#125 Jan 30, 2013
My vote is for Dino, he has no political connections to all these scum bags who are now standing up to the Mayor. Both of these guys running for Mayor now are sheep. My vote will be for the guy who has no political gain whatsoever. Thanks, Dino.
what

Midlothian, IL

#126 Jan 30, 2013
Crestwood wrote:
My vote is for Dino, he has no political connections to all these scum bags who are now standing up to the Mayor. Both of these guys running for Mayor now are sheep. My vote will be for the guy who has no political gain whatsoever. Thanks, Dino.
I second that
ha

Midlothian, IL

#127 Jan 30, 2013
JT can't even follow directions worth township says you can't conflict interest so he runs for mayor, what a boob. All he wants is to raise the pay for mayor and trustees not the workers, and all the POWER, he should be removed from the ballet due to the conflict of interest.
JIM - Crestwood

Melrose Park, IL

#128 Jan 30, 2013
It is apparent that the only reason this frivolous objection was filed is to help Presta and the other township party. The attorney for the objector knew John could run for both and no conflict existed. This is big city partisan politics at its worst. When they cannot debate the person's excellent credentials and qualifications, they throw mud at him and simple-minded people fall for it.
sorry

Blue Island, IL

#129 Jan 30, 2013
Crestwood wrote:
Dino is only running so he can give his son the chief of police job and give him a raise. I would say that's no gain. This is really not funny we face way to much to trust a guy that has No knowledge of how govt works. I can't believe people even mention his name it's not funny. I'd rather keep stranzek than have Dino. Seriously wake up.
Get Real

Arlington Heights, IL

#130 Jan 30, 2013
Live Free or Die wrote:
There are several people that live in Crestwood that have cancer and they never smoked a day in their lives!! Whether their cancer was caused by the known carcinogens in that well or not will be determined when the personal injury lawsuits go to trial. The EPA states there is NO safe level for vinyl chloride and when the IEPA tested the well in October, this is what was found.

October 2009: new Illinois EPA test results

On October 9, 2009 the Illinois EPA on its website [103] released test results for the groundwater near the well that Crestwood used to obtain drinking water for its residents "The concentration of vinyl chloride found in the bedrock’s groundwater between 39 and 49 feet below ground surface averaged 55.7 parts per billion (ppb), ten times the concentration Illinois EPA found in the PWS well 3 years ago (5.4 ppb). This water contains twenty five times more of the toxic compound vinyl chloride than is allowed in drinking water by law.

Here's the website, read for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_contaminat...

Bottom line is what they did was ILLEGAL! If Tricia Krause didn't discover the real truth, the residents would still be drinking that poison water!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Village Hall Painted 6 hr 35 Year Resident 25
Bengals... Sep 17 TheTaxMan 7
Midlothian police Sep 13 COP 16
News Police: 7 Crete-Monee students charged with Bro... Sep 13 Uncle Cracker 1
Poll Will Rod Blagiovich be found guilty? (Dec '09) Sep 12 Concerned 4
News Papa's Pizza Closing After 40 Years in Business (Jun '12) Sep 11 OF Person 41
News Vito and Nick's II: Now In a Supermarket Near You (Nov '11) Sep 11 TrumpHugePOS 33

Park Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Forest Mortgages