Crestwood mayor won't run again; ending longtime village service

May 29, 2012 Full story: The Southtown Star 121

Robert Stranczek, who took over as the village's mayor in October 2007 after the retirement of his father, Chester, said Tuesday he won't seek re-election in April.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
we care

Alsip, IL

#1 May 29, 2012
Lou Presta is running now that's a JOKE!!! Good luck, we all no what's going on with that move.
Super Lou

Midlothian, IL

#2 May 29, 2012
we care wrote:
Lou Presta is running now that's a JOKE!!! Good luck, we all no what's going on with that move.
Prestia would be way better than Toscas as mayor. Everyone I talk to that knows Toscas can not stand him. Head to head Lou would win hands down.
Chief T for Mayor

Blue Island, IL

#3 May 30, 2012
She is running under the clean water slate.
we care

Midlothian, IL

#4 May 30, 2012
Super Lou wrote:
<quoted text>Prestia would be way better than Toscas as mayor. Everyone I talk to that knows Toscas can not stand him. Head to head Lou would win hands down.
Your High. Everyone is telling Toscas to run. Lou could manage a fantasy baseball team let alone the village. Talk to that moron it's like talking to a wall. He had his fat hand in the water scandal with the stranzeks. I hope toscas runs.
3rd Place

Baltimore, MD

#5 May 30, 2012
we care wrote:
<quoted text>
Your High. Everyone is telling Toscas to run. Lou could manage a fantasy baseball team let alone the village. Talk to that moron it's like talking to a wall. He had his fat hand in the water scandal with the stranzeks. I hope toscas runs.
Remember the last election. Toscas came in 3rd place. If another half way decent candidate that was independent ran Toscas would have lost. Lou has way more allies in town then Toscas does and he knows it. The bst thing John could do is back Lou that way he will not lose. John doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of wining He will not be backed as Worth Township Assesor by the Dems next election does hbe want yet another embarrsing lose on his record? Remember he got his azz handed to him when he ran against an opponet on the school boad. He is not popular with the majnority of residents.
jim

Midlothian, IL

#6 May 30, 2012
Lou is a nice person but to many people in town know he sat back and allowed the water scandal to take place. He's not a leader, he's a follower. The trustee election was apples and oranges. You had to vote for 3 candidates in that one now it's only 1. That's a huge differance in the political world. I personally am friends with Lou and live on the same block as him and I didn't vote for him for trustee and I'm not voting for him as mayor. So he's the one with the up hill battle
great man

Midlothian, IL

#7 May 30, 2012
I've known John Toscas for years and there's no one more qualified to do the job. His voting record has been great on the board and he has my support if he runs. In the passed few months I have heard a lot of people saying they want him to run. A large group meet with him months ago to get him to run. I do t know where all the other guys on here are getting there info but I've have heard 100 to 1 in support for him to run.
JIM - Crestwood

Berwyn, IL

#8 May 30, 2012
I have known John Toscas for many years. He is a dedicated, honest and intelligent person and a great family man. I am extremely hopeful that he will run for Mayor. He will put our Village back on track and has already taken a stand against wasting our money. No one should be bashing him or anyone else. If you think you can do a better job, run!
right

Midlothian, IL

#9 May 30, 2012
JIM - Crestwood wrote:
I have known John Toscas for many years. He is a dedicated, honest and intelligent person and a great family man. I am extremely hopeful that he will run for Mayor. He will put our Village back on track and has already taken a stand against wasting our money. No one should be bashing him or anyone else. If you think you can do a better job, run!
Right on the money Jim
Facts

River Rouge, MI

#10 May 30, 2012
jim wrote:
Lou is a nice person but to many people in town know he sat back and allowed the water scandal to take place. He's not a leader, he's a follower. The trustee election was apples and oranges. You had to vote for 3 candidates in that one now it's only 1. That's a huge differance in the political world. I personally am friends with Lou and live on the same block as him and I didn't vote for him for trustee and I'm not voting for him as mayor. So he's the one with the up hill battle
1st off there was 4 candidates running fr trustee and he just barely beat an old regime guy who did not go out and actually campaign for the job. 2nd I am a long time resident and everyone I know who knows Toscas hates him not dislike him but hate him. The seniors do not like him parishoners at Incarnation do not like him I heard the sa?e thing the other guy did Worth Township Democratic party is not running him for assesor. So go ahead and believe what you want his own party has distanced themselves from him. He lost the last school board election ad just barely beat a candidate that did not campaign for the position. He has a very big up hill battle. Does he want to risk it? If he loses then he is done. Come the next trustee election in 2015 they will run a competent candidate aginst him and he will be the trustee who lost the mayors election. Toscas has a huge ego but he is smart enough to realize if he stays as a trustee he has a better chance retaining that position should he opt out of the mayors race.
Good Post

Blue Island, IL

#11 May 30, 2012
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>1st off there was 4 candidates running fr trustee and he just barely beat an old regime guy who did not go out and actually campaign for the job. 2nd I am a long time resident and everyone I know who knows Toscas hates him not dislike him but hate him. The seniors do not like him parishoners at Incarnation do not like him I heard the sa?e thing the other guy did Worth Township Democratic party is not running him for assesor. So go ahead and believe what you want his own party has distanced themselves from him. He lost the last school board election ad just barely beat a candidate that did not campaign for the position. He has a very big up hill battle. Does he want to risk it? If he loses then he is done. Come the next trustee election in 2015 they will run a competent candidate aginst him and he will be the trustee who lost the mayors election. Toscas has a huge ego but he is smart enough to realize if he stays as a trustee he has a better chance retaining that position should he opt out of the mayors race.
I agree with you. Just today I talked to some of my neighbors and they said they would rather Strancek ran again then Toscas. They said Toscas is a dictator and it will be worse then when Chet ran everything. These are resident who all have 35 plus years and all have kids who now live in town and are raising their kids. A lot of votes.

I completely agree with you does Toscas want to risk losing? I just looked it up you are correct he just barely won the last trustees election. Came in 3rd out of 4 candidates. And if the other guy put zero effort into that election then that should be a true tale sign. I know some people in the Worth Township Democratic Party and I will be calling them to find out why they are not backing Toscas for township assessor.
Good Post

Blue Island, IL

#12 May 30, 2012
By the way just looked up his last school board election results he came in dead last. I have to ask if he was so good why did he come in dead last? Why is his party not endorsing him? We dont need another Chester and family we are just getting rid of that crap. Lets start fresh everyone said Toscas will try and get his kids jobs and elected so he has complete control. We do not need that.
outsider

Lake Bluff, IL

#13 May 30, 2012
great man wrote:
I've known John Toscas for years and there's no one more qualified to do the job. His voting record has been great on the board and he has my support if he runs. In the passed few months I have heard a lot of people saying they want him to run. A large group meet with him months ago to get him to run. I do t know where all the other guys on here are getting there info but I've have heard 100 to 1 in support for him to run.
p-a-s-t, m-e-t, d-o-n-'t, t-h-e-i-r try those spellings it makes more sense. stop drinking that water!
Big moe

Midlothian, IL

#14 May 30, 2012
No Presta, No Toscas
EZE

Alsip, IL

#15 May 30, 2012
Not saying who to vote for but Lou Presta NEVER voted no on anything the Stranczek said. He was a rubber stamp.
your all funny

Midlothian, IL

#17 May 30, 2012
I keep hearing the same few jack ass' saying that Toscas is incompetent. But you know who the incompetent ones are is the old morons including Presta. Presta would vote YES to anything stranzek wanted and thats incompetants. Before toscas got in there they were holding illegal meetings in the back rooms so that they could have everything they wanted worked out. A complete violation of the open meetings act. He began to save the village money by having the administrative hearings instead of the cook county court house. And he brought in the Elite ambulances that pay us money instead of us paying them for their serves. Oh yeah and he voted No to pay for the two criminals legal defense team and was the only person to vote no for the wasteful PR firm. Trust me when I tell you people are lining up to help him campaign. It's funny how all these things came up and got done since the only Compitant one got on. All done by TOSCAS so remember that
Sorry to Burst Your Bubbl

Midlothian, IL

#18 May 30, 2012
your all funny wrote:
I keep hearing the same few jack ass' saying that Toscas is incompetent. But you know who the incompetent ones are is the old morons including Presta. Presta would vote YES to anything stranzek wanted and thats incompetants. Before toscas got in there they were holding illegal meetings in the back rooms so that they could have everything they wanted worked out. A complete violation of the open meetings act. He began to save the village money by having the administrative hearings instead of the cook county court house. And he brought in the Elite ambulances that pay us money instead of us paying them for their serves. Oh yeah and he voted No to pay for the two criminals legal defense team and was the only person to vote no for the wasteful PR firm. Trust me when I tell you people are lining up to help him campaign. It's funny how all these things came up and got done since the only Compitant one got on. All done by TOSCAS so remember that
3 of us just walked our block. No one is really thrilled with either candidate but out of 30 yes 30 people we questioned 1 said Toscas was ok. 29 said they would vote for Presta. So if this is any indication of the voter support then Toscas is in trouble.

Why are people who support Toscas disounting the fact he was drubbed in the school board election and just barely won his trusttee seat. I also want to know more on why Worth Township is not backing him.

I will be going to the village hall tomorrow, the police department and fire department to follow up on your post here. If in fact it is true then he is doing something. But something tells me there is more to the story then what you are telling. I truly do not believe it was solely Toscas who did all of this. I will get back to everyone tomorrow when I find out the facts.
I bet

Alsip, IL

#20 May 30, 2012
Sorry to Burst Your Bubbl wrote:
<quoted text>3 of us just walked our block. No one is really thrilled with either candidate but out of 30 yes 30 people we questioned 1 said Toscas was ok. 29 said they would vote for Presta. So if this is any indication of the voter support then Toscas is in trouble.
Why are people who support Toscas disounting the fact he was drubbed in the school board election and just barely won his trusttee seat. I also want to know more on why Worth Township is not backing him.
I will be going to the village hall tomorrow, the police department and fire department to follow up on your post here. If in fact it is true then he is doing something. But something tells me there is more to the story then what you are telling. I truly do not believe it was solely Toscas who did all of this. I will get back to everyone tomorrow when I find out the facts.
So 9.30 p.m. on a work night you went door to door ?? I bet. 30 people knew who Presta was?? I bet. You will go to V,H and talk to who? P.D who? F.D who? I f you don,t like Toscas fine but don,t lie. Hey why don,t you run for mayor or trustee ?
your all funny

Alsip, IL

#21 May 30, 2012
Exactly!!! It's the same few people that say negative things about the only man that stepped to the plate and volunteered his time and efforts to better this community. If it wasn't for him we would have the same trustees and stranzek would be running again. So if you think that's better then new people who didn't have anything to do with the water scandal. Then god help you because you deserve to be poisoned then. And if the residents vote for someone like Presta that sat back and watched it then they too deserve what they got. And what kind of answer would you expect to get by asking the village hall if he brought those things up? Would you really expect them to say YES he brought all those things to us and we voted on them. Theyre still saying that there was never poison in our drinking water. Do your own homework and and look at the things that have been going on. Why have all these great things in the last year come to our community. You think they waited till toscas came in to bring all these good ideas out. Just think about it. If you want to vote for Presta do it. But the person that brought good changes to our town was Toscas. Think!!!
Sorry to burst your bubbl

Midlothian, IL

#22 May 30, 2012
I bet wrote:
<quoted text>So 9.30 p.m. on a work night you went door to door ?? I bet. 30 people knew who Presta was?? I bet. You will go to V,H and talk to who? P.D who? F.D who? I f you don,t like Toscas fine but don,t lie. Hey why don,t you run for mayor or trustee ?
Yes we did go door to door i have no reason to lie. By the way we started shortly after dinner and a lot of us have live over 15 years or more on the block. Being originally from Chicago this is the way its done.

I apologize it is evident I was not very clear in my last post. That is on me and totally my fault.

I will try and clarify. The people for the most part were not thrilled with either candidate. They were not as much pro Presta as much as they were against Toscas. I am going to do my research. I do not know too much about either candidate. I believe we as voters have to educate our self in order to make and well informed decision. There was one name that came up 19 times that has not announced he is running so I will with post his name until I talk to him personally. A lot of people really like him. He is a current employee of Crestwood. I am going to contact him tomorrow to see if he is interested in running. I will not apologize for doing homework on candidates. I believe that is what all voters should do.
I want to verify if in fact Toscas did everything that was claimed. If he did then he moves up in my book and would actually think about actively supporting him. Until then I need more info on the candidates before I make a decision. I will talk to the PD and find out if the local court was spearheaded by Toscas. I will talk to the firefighters to find out exactly what Elite pays us and what services we receive. Remember you should practice what you preach don't lie. Until I verify what was posted on this site I assume it is a lie or BS. Sorry but that is how I am I don't believe it is true just because it was posted on Topix. As far as running for Mayor or trustee I never have given any thought to that. After I research all the candidates who announce then just maybe I will. Who knows only time will tell.
By the way who ever you are do not take it personally someone having all the facts before making a big decision. There is some big claims being put forth. I just want to verify. I will do the same for all candidates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
property tax increase or other options 5 hr Hah 9
Graves for mayor in 2011? (Aug '08) 9 hr black 75
ex harvey police (Apr '09) 11 hr Black 58
Midlothian soldier welcomed home (Apr '12) Thu Mike 4
Former Midlothian cop convicted striking man wi... Thu Civil servant 23
Long Whistles Thu concenedworried c... 3
Bengal Football.., Wed Dave 71
Park Forest Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web