midlothian mayor election
Water Water

Chicago, IL

#409 Jan 13, 2013
Kildare Kid

Highland, IN

#410 Jan 14, 2013
I think I'm correct. Whitng closed their water treatment and is now obtaining it from Hammond.. Even if Whiting was still operating, their system couldn't supply the needs of so many Illinois towns. To start a new system by any town, just the cost of a new intake out in the Lake today would cost a fortune.
Are You Saying

Chicago, IL

#411 Jan 14, 2013
Kildare Kid wrote:
I think I'm correct. Whitng closed their water treatment and is now obtaining it from Hammond.. Even if Whiting was still operating, their system couldn't supply the needs of so many Illinois towns. To start a new system by any town, just the cost of a new intake out in the Lake today would cost a fortune.
We have been burned?
Up coming

Midlothian, IL

#412 Jan 14, 2013
What's going on with the upcoming election is Rybak still on ballot?
cway

United States

#413 Jan 14, 2013
Breaking news coming
cway

Midlothian, IL

#414 Jan 15, 2013
The Breaking news is the village drop the objection to Sharon, she will be on the ballot.
Midlothian voter

Midlothian, IL

#415 Jan 15, 2013
cway wrote:
The Breaking news is the village drop the objection to Sharon, she will be on the ballot.
The village didn't object get your facts straight dumb ass. Hearing is Thursday at 4 pm.
cway

United States

#416 Jan 15, 2013
There is no hearing they dropped it!! Would you like to place a wager on it?
cway

United States

#417 Jan 15, 2013
That's from canidate running
Pathetic

Midlothian, IL

#418 Jan 15, 2013
cway wrote:
How pathetic nobody can stand that woman.
Kia

Tinley Park, IL

#419 Jan 16, 2013
January 15, 2013

As many in the Village of Midlothian are already aware, an objection was recently filed by a Midlothian citizen against mayoral candidate Sharon Rybak. The objection cited several violations of Illinois election laws, the most serious of which involved a charge that some of her nominating petitions that were allegedly circulated by a family member on her behalf were in fact circulated and notarized by her alone.
The objection was first brought before the Village of Midlothian Electoral Board on Tuesday, January 8th, at which time a full hearing on the merits of the objection was delayed when Ms. Rybak’s attorney made personal attacks against two of the Board members without meaningfully responding to the substance of what was alleged. As a result, no hearing took place that day as Ms. Rybak’s legal counsel sought to have two of the Board members removed and objected to the means by which material witnesses were subpoenaed to testify.
Today, that objection was withdrawn in what seems to be an effort to avoid an extensive legal battle. This battle would potentially cost the village significant financial resources, and cause undue hardship to residents who signed the nominating petitions in good faith. In one respect, this is a positive development that will allow voters to re-focus on the most important issues facing our Village today, however, it leaves unanswered a number of troubling questions that were rightly brought into public view.
These allegations, if true, represent a serious breach of trust with the people of Midlothian, who have every right to expect that aspiring candidates will, at the very least, obey the laws regarding the electoral process in a manner that ensures fairness to all. Most importantly, candidates and all elected officials have an obligation to be honest and forthright in their representations to voters as well as the governmental bodies that preserve the integrity of the electoral process.
While it seems that there will no longer be a public hearing to get to the bottom of these allegations, the issue of what actually took place is still very much an important question that needs to be answered before Election Day. Earning and maintaining the public trust is not something that happens after a person attains higher office – it is, by definition, a necessary qualification for the job. To the extent these questions regarding election law violations have been raised, it is only right that Ms. Rybak provide a full explanation to remove the appearance of voter fraud, irrespective of whether she is now legally required to do so.

cant beleive it

Melrose Park, IL

#420 Jan 16, 2013
Well one thing for sure terry and his pride party have done nothing for midlothian they have raised our taxes,they keep spending money,they are hiring people we dont need I sure hope the people of midlothian open their eyes and see all the bad that has been done his parties slogan should be The Party of Smoke and Mirrors.Terry its time to give it up and retire and move somewhere where no one knows you its time to man up and get out.
Rybak law breaker

Midlothian, IL

#421 Jan 16, 2013
Please Mrs.Rybak explain to us how you can blatantly disregard the law and proceed in your running for Mayor. At the very least let us know why you broke the rules and now feel entitled to be on the ballot.
BGA

Alsip, IL

#422 Jan 16, 2013
I applaud the leadership displayed in deciding to avoid any more spending on lawyers. Mrs Rybak appears to have learned her tactics from her boss at the park district and the Bremen High School District board. D228 has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars that could have been better spent on education but was paid to a law firm where Mrs. Gleason's son is a partner. It has been stated that Gleason's son is the lawyer representing Mrs Rybak. It would be great if Mrs Rybak could confirm or deny this as it is in the public's interest to know the truth. It would sure appear to be a conflict of interest on both their parts if the lawyer representing a board member is a partner in the law firm which also represents the school board. As a school board member Mrs. Rybak oversees this lawyers actions representing the board. If past is prologue the public will see no official response to their actions as they do not respect the people who they supposedly represent.
What

Midlothian, IL

#423 Jan 16, 2013
Dist.228 hired Mrs.Gleasons sons law firm talk about Gaul .

Since: Jan 13

Midlothian, IL

#424 Jan 16, 2013
Hey Kia. I heard the objector of Rybak was Doeden...isn't that one of Stephens party members. Heard also the objector to Mike K. Was a relative of Potempa. Sounds to me that the village incumbents aren't saints either. I feel politics are dirty and it hasn't escaped our wonderful village of Midlothain. It wouldn't surprise me Kia if you weren't a family member or employee or hell even one of the incumbent candidates....until I see a newspaper article or true evidence like a reputable website I won't trust what half of you clowns write. I like how you make it sounds like the village dropped it because it would cost too much....coming from the same people who spent 30,000 in furniture renovations.

Midlothian, IL

#425 Jan 16, 2013
This election will be an ugly one.....looking forward to the mud slinging on here.
AGreed

Chicago, IL

#426 Jan 16, 2013
cant beleive it wrote:
Well one thing for sure terry and his pride party have done nothing for midlothian they have raised our taxes,they keep spending money,they are hiring people we dont need I sure hope the people of midlothian open their eyes and see all the bad that has been done his parties slogan should be The Party of Smoke and Mirrors.Terry its time to give it up and retire and move somewhere where no one knows you its time to man up and get out.
Well said.

Midlothian, IL

#427 Jan 16, 2013
Speaking of Kia....that be a nice dealership on 147th and Cicero

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#428 Jan 16, 2013
This is Midlothian, they'll fit right in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rita when does jail start? 2 hr Digger ____70 2
feds in chicago heights (Sep '12) 4 hr Joe Lombardo 7
She is running again Fri not good 4
Oak Forest loses another business Fri Resdient Elect 2
Review: Public Moving and Storage Fri stephen 149
Castaways Fri Narry G 11
recount going for Hillary in wisconsin Thu Its black thing 8

Park Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance