4 Years Almost Up How would we rate O...

4 Years Almost Up How would we rate Oak Forest Government?

Created by A Bit Fuzzy on Nov 12, 2012

257 votes

Click on an option to vote

They have not addressed any problems yet!

Taxes Still too High! TIF Districts only hurt!

No Development in town helps taxpayers!

Council is a rubber stamp!

City hires only Cronyism!

Time to clean house!

High Garbage and Water Rates killing Taxpayers!

City Politics as Usual, time to change it All!

Current Mayor is the problem!

Everything is going fine!

Dude

Tinley Park, IL

#42 Dec 10, 2012
We have RIchard Dotson, Manhard and MId Am all moving us in the right direction. Hank and his merry men will tell you you so in April.
Live or Relive History

Chicago, IL

#43 Dec 13, 2012
Dude wrote:
We have RIchard Dotson, Manhard and MId Am all moving us in the right direction. Hank and his merry men will tell you you so in April.
Teen Club with owner that is questionable at best! GiGi's has that ever been talked about at Council? Just another secret deal that our mayor and his adm. ass. have put together! I wonder if anyone, but Alderman Simon really knows what is going on up there? Sure seems like many are not up on the current situations in our town! Can someone tell me, when has the Facade Program been for new businesses and not set up to invest in Existing businesses? By the Way, NAPA Auto parts is doa and moving their business from our fair town! Probably would be a great location for a Gold Buying or Pay Day Loan outfit!

Oak Forest the town of Tattoo Parlors, Pawn Shops, Gold Buyers, Taverns, Mexican Food Restaurants, Banks and a Dialysis Center!
Next up a Teen Bar! Really a questionable wisdom resides in this current mayor/administration and Council members! Only two had the right idea!! Teen Bar - another Oak Forest venture into trouble!

With all the problems our mayor pointed out in his campaign materials, he sure has not touched one of those issues! Now he has these Alderfolks all bouncing along in agreement on everything! Because the council folks are all so well informed!

I really hope there are voters out there watching all this stuff! You could not write it any better in a Hollywood TV show! We could call it Oak Forest RFD or "Best Day of My Life" Goes Teen Age Dance Hall! Or - Glee Comes to the Forest! How about Oak Forest SVU - a show about the killing of a town (Taxpayers are the victims)!

Greg thomas

United States

#44 Dec 14, 2012
Live or Relive History wrote:
<quoted text>
Teen Club with owner that is questionable at best! GiGi's has that ever been talked about at Council? Just another secret deal that our mayor and his adm. ass. have put together! I wonder if anyone, but Alderman Simon really knows what is going on up there? Sure seems like many are not up on the current situations in our town! Can someone tell me, when has the Facade Program been for new businesses and not set up to invest in Existing businesses? By the Way, NAPA Auto parts is doa and moving their business from our fair town! Probably would be a great location for a Gold Buying or Pay Day Loan outfit!
Oak Forest the town of Tattoo Parlors, Pawn Shops, Gold Buyers, Taverns, Mexican Food Restaurants, Banks and a Dialysis Center!
Next up a Teen Bar! Really a questionable wisdom resides in this current mayor/administration and Council members! Only two had the right idea!! Teen Bar - another Oak Forest venture into trouble!
With all the problems our mayor pointed out in his campaign materials, he sure has not touched one of those issues! Now he has these Alderfolks all bouncing along in agreement on everything! Because the council folks are all so well informed!
I really hope there are voters out there watching all this stuff! You could not write it any better in a Hollywood TV show! We could call it Oak Forest RFD or "Best Day of My Life" Goes Teen Age Dance Hall! Or - Glee Comes to the Forest! How about
Oak Forest SVU - a show about the killing of a
town (Taxpayers are the victims)!
Nahhhhhh Gigis was just a million dollar gift from Hank
get a life

Chicago, IL

#45 Dec 14, 2012
Live or Relive History wrote:
<quoted text>Teen Club with owner that is questionable at best! GiGi's has that ever been talked about at Council? Just another secret deal that our mayor and his adm. ass. have put together! I wonder if anyone, but Alderman Simon really knows what is going on up there? Sure seems like many are not up on the current situations in our town! Can someone tell me, when has the Facade Program been for new businesses and not set up to invest in Existing businesses? By the Way, NAPA Auto parts is doa and moving their business from our fair town! Probably would be a great location for a Gold Buying or Pay Day Loan outfit!

I really hope there are voters out there watching all this stuff! You could not write it any better in a Hollywood TV show! We could call it Oak Forest RFD or "Best Day of My Life" Goes Teen Age Dance Hall! Or - Glee Comes to the Forest! How about Oak Forest SVU - a show about the killing of a town (Taxpayers are the victims)!
why would you think Simon knows what is going on, but the other alderman don't???
Seriously

Chicago, IL

#46 Dec 14, 2012
I'll see you all Monday morning with my petitions!
get a life wrote:
<quoted text>
why would you think Simon knows what is going on, but the other alderman don't???
Res

Tinley Park, IL

#47 Dec 14, 2012
I honestly, truly, cannot think of anything good or unique or visionary that Hanks administration has done. Everything I've read or heard about is a head scratcher or completely asinine. Are the council members just drones that sit and do not have a voice or opinion? Why is this? Who owes who?
Greg thomas

United States

#48 Dec 15, 2012
Res wrote:
I honestly, truly, cannot think of anything good or unique or visionary that Hanks administration has done. Everything I've read or heard about is a head scratcher or completely asinine. Are the council members just drones that sit and do not have a voice or opinion? Why is this? Who owes who?
Yes every single one of them owe Hank for a past favor
A Bit Fuzzy

Chicago, IL

#49 Dec 15, 2012
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the Guy that is creating the Teen Bar, how is he related to Kuspa and who knows anything about this guy?
lunie town

Chicago, IL

#50 Dec 16, 2012
A Bit Fuzzy wrote:
<quoted text>How about the Guy that is creating the Teen Bar, how is he related to Kuspa and who knows anything about this guy?
everybody. Please see for yourself. Google the teen bar owners name. James Edwin Marcanio. See his mug shot and arrest charges for DRUG Possession narcotics equipment and battery!

Oak Forest City Council for looking out for the best interest of our children???you are a bunch of incompetent morons!!!
Really

Blue Island, IL

#51 Dec 16, 2012
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Be specific Greg. What favors has Hank done for each alderman? You crack me up. You go on an anonymous site and bitch every other hour about something. Grow a set and at least attend a council meeting. Why are you afraid of people knowing who you are?
OFPD

Chicago, IL

#52 Dec 17, 2012
He will not be issued a busnisss license until a background check is completed. If what some posters say is true, he will not be issued a license. I understand at least one of the Alderman have already requested a quick background check in case a reconsideration is necessary. If the accusations are untrue a defamation suit may be in order.
Live or Relive History

Chicago, IL

#53 Dec 17, 2012
OFPD wrote:
He will not be issued a busnisss license until a background check is completed. If what some posters say is true, he will not be issued a license. I understand at least one of the Alderman have already requested a quick background check in case a reconsideration is necessary. If the accusations are untrue a defamation suit may be in order.
So I guess it made the most sense to pass it through the Council before doing their homework? Why did it take a posting on a website for this Alderman to ask to do their homework? They already passed a measure without a background check to give a temporary use permit! I guess they could not wait, you know it is Election time and we must paint a very good picture for this group! As for the Defamation suit, if this is not the person in the mug shot, there is no defamation it is mistaken identity! If it is the person in the mug shot, how did this get this far and not be questioned by Planning and Zoning or by the council as a whole? Dotson would not give a 100% thumbs up on this as he has for other businesses, his quote - "I would defer to the Police Department Review of this!" So did he know something or is this just another attempt for the current administration to push something without doing the due diligence?

Two Alderman voted no and 1 questioned vigoruously, but voted Yes! Thanks to the Two for thinking this all the way through! The other 5 and the mayor that voice a strong voice to move this forward, WOW you really need to look and see who you are working for again! The Teens could get this provided for them by other means than this!

Defamation, that really is a stretch! How about worrying about the safety of these teens and doing more research before you ramrod a project like this forward!
Fed up Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#54 Dec 17, 2012
OFPD wrote:
OFPD you may be correct. Kind of wondering which of the posters do you think put the pictures, data and arrest records at numerous sites on the public internet? Sorry, but after viewing the different referenced sites, it concerns me that Ald. Muscarella and Ald.Toland gave such strong endorsements of this teen club concept. If the data is correct, It bothers me that the Mayor even brought this to the council. Just how desperate are we? Again if data correct, they already included presentations by the individual in question to our youth groups? WOW I can't help but think we put the cart and the turds out in front of the horse on this one. Why not let the schools and park district concentrate on the youth services? City has enough issues on their agenda without politicing and pontificating on subjects before completing their "due dilligence". At least a couple of alderman voted against this. That action was encouraging. Change a couple people there and we may be lucky enough to have local government that truly has the citizens best interests as #1 on every issue.
Greg thomas

United States

#55 Dec 17, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Be specific Greg. What favors has Hank done for each alderman? You crack me up. You go on an anonymous site and bitch every other hour about something. Grow a set and at least attend a council meeting. Why are you afraid of people knowing who you are?
I do attend the meetings all the time. And he has done every one ohg them a favor.
Blast from OakForest 1

Naperville, IL

#56 Dec 18, 2012
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
I do attend the meetings all the time. And he has done every one ohg them a favor.
Greg, unless you are Janet or Bobby C, you do not go to council meetings "all the time." I would be surprised if you had ever attended one.
Ron Carver

Chicago, IL

#57 Dec 18, 2012
Bobby C is that the hippie dude that sits by that lady that is the Manteno Veterans person! Bobbie C is not there all the time, he has his business in Midlothian! WE need to send some more attractive folks to sit in the audience! People watching the council meeting might think those two are dating!

Who is that crazy alderman lady that tells us the Teen Club will be so great! Man, if she is driving her young teens around to different clubs like it sounded, she really is a not someone I would hold as a good vote for this teen club! I wonder if she knows the future owner and has an interest in this business moving forward? Most of the time she looks like she is not even breathing up there, maybe we could get Bobbie C to pinch her every so often to see if she is alive.
Mr Thmopson

Hinsdale, IL

#58 Dec 18, 2012
Blast from OakForest 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Greg, unless you are Janet or Bobby C, you do not go to council meetings "all the time." I would be surprised if you had ever attended one.
So, since there are normally about 2 people in the audience , and you just named 2, im gueesing that would mean that you are actually someone who is at the meeting in official capacity????????
Ron Carver

Chicago, IL

#59 Dec 18, 2012
Mr Thmopson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, since there are normally about 2 people in the audience , and you just named 2, im gueesing that would mean that you are actually someone who is at the meeting in official capacity????????
Interesting perception of the post, it has to be one of those crazy dudes up there, some alderman used to run a website that was
Blast from Oak Forest Past 1, maybe it is that dude! Could be one of those other guys, Economic Development Guy or City Manager guy!

Those 2 guys have some crazy ideas so maybe it is one of them, although all those folks up their are stirred in a different direction from the rest of town!
OFPD

Chicago, IL

#60 Dec 18, 2012
I watch every meeting. This Thomas character is a liar, and probably has never attended a meeting.
OFPD

Chicago, IL

#61 Dec 18, 2012
lunie town wrote:
<quoted text>
everybody. Please see for yourself. Google the teen bar owners name. James Edwin Marcanio. See his mug shot and arrest charges for DRUG Possession narcotics equipment and battery!
Oak Forest City Council for looking out for the best interest of our children???you are a bunch of incompetent morons!!!
Your accusations are blatenly false. There are no drug arrests on his record, the only violation that showed up is an assault charge stemming from when he was a bouncer, ane he was equitted of that. Why would you try to defame this hard working businrss man. If he decided to sue you for remarks made on this site, remember, it has happened before and the courts held it up. You are not as anonymous as you think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A cowardly excuse for a man 2 hr Gene Gene 20
Recall Rybak 2 hr wow 11
Welcome to the Neighborhood! 9 hr Uncle Cracker 1
District 142 Board Member out of control 11 hr get your facts 167
Looking for District 228 parents (May '15) Thu Resident 10
What's Happening in Oak Forest? Thu Resident 3
sharks fish and chicken opening Thu Resident 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Forest Mortgages