Man accused of scalding daughter's feet

Man accused of scalding daughter's feet

There are 23 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 21, 2007, titled Man accused of scalding daughter's feet. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

“He put the child in the water for just a moment in order for her to cling to him . . . that she would be as clingy to him as she was to her mother”

A Park Forest man accused of submerging his 5-month-old daughter's feet in hot water so she'd want to cling to him as she had her mother was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail Friday.

Rashad Green, 21, of the 200 block of Allegheny Street was charged with two counts of aggravated battery of a child for the scalding and for biting the girl's arm in an earlier incident, officials said.

The child's mother, Krystle Brown, 20, of the 900 block of East 15th Street in Ford Heights was charged with a misdemeanor count of child neglect in the scalding incident, according to Cook County sheriff's police spokeswoman Penny Mateck. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cindy leviner

United States

#23 Jul 18, 2011
TOM SLICK wrote:
<quoted text>Not all black people act this way, nor does all people of your race, or any other race for you to make such general sweeping statement.
things like this happen in every race and yes even rich educated people so it is very sad that you think that way race is not even a issue so sad that in every situation someone has to throw out a comment that has nothing to do with the topic. i look for people who really care not just playing on computer thank you.
cindy leviner

United States

#24 Jul 18, 2011
so sorry new at this my comment was to the person who mad this a race issue not to... tom slick....i agree with him 100%
cindy leviner

United States

#25 Jul 18, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
I just want to say that I'm related to Rashad Green. Him and Krystle are both good parents to Kiara and they would never hurt her intentionally. My god you people act like accidents don't happen. There is always two sides to a story.
just dont know where to start, first- no way would i EVER admit to being related to these two, second- do you have children? if you think this is what makes good parents maybe you should be investagated before you do something crazy to yours. third- seems to me it wasnt a accident if he was trying to make the child cling to him like she did the mother ( whatever he meant by that ). that little idea should have been thought out a little bit more..and fourth- what was he trying to acomplish by biteing the child? and was child services called on that? if so why was she taken back? come on it takes more than a couple child classes to prove worthey enough to get them back.i would really like a response im not trying to be mean just tell me what you mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Castaways 5 hr Karma B 6
News 2 men charged with beating teen who egged Orlan... (Nov '08) 11 hr Posie 145
Irrelevant posts 13 hr Jar head 4
Sister City Fest 13 hr Jar head 14
Local Politics Do you approve of David A. Gonzalez as Mayor? (Aug '13) 15 hr Cousin Vinny 53
Changes in Hazel Crest 19 hr Longtime Former R... 3
Thomas Martello running for Bloom Township Supe... Fri digger_70 8

Park Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Forest Mortgages