Man accused of scalding daughter's feet

Man accused of scalding daughter's feet

There are 23 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 21, 2007, titled Man accused of scalding daughter's feet. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

“He put the child in the water for just a moment in order for her to cling to him . . . that she would be as clingy to him as she was to her mother”

A Park Forest man accused of submerging his 5-month-old daughter's feet in hot water so she'd want to cling to him as she had her mother was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail Friday.

Rashad Green, 21, of the 200 block of Allegheny Street was charged with two counts of aggravated battery of a child for the scalding and for biting the girl's arm in an earlier incident, officials said.

The child's mother, Krystle Brown, 20, of the 900 block of East 15th Street in Ford Heights was charged with a misdemeanor count of child neglect in the scalding incident, according to Cook County sheriff's police spokeswoman Penny Mateck. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Artavia

United States

#1 Jul 25, 2007
I just think that is crazy both parents need to be in jail and NEVER see their child again because that is just NOT right!!!
shocked and appalled

Evanston, IL

#2 Aug 9, 2007
what in the world is wrong with these parents? as a 24 year old woman, these are the kind of things that makes me never want to bring children into the world....these psycho occurences happen all the time and it continues to get worse
A MOM

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 8, 2007
FORD HEIGHTS 4 YA--
Anonymous

Cedarburg, WI

#4 Dec 8, 2007
This is terrible, a 5 month old girl had to endure getting her feet scalded and getting bit on the arm? The first time something happened to that baby it should of been taken away from it's parents, forever!!!
EVEN TEMPERED

AOL

#5 Dec 8, 2007
That is what SHOULD happen, but often times the child is returned to the home and shortly afterward, becomes another statistic. Sad but true.
Anonymous wrote:
This is terrible, a 5 month old girl had to endure getting her feet scalded and getting bit on the arm? The first time something happened to that baby it should of been taken away from it's parents, forever!!!
A MOM

Chicago, IL

#6 Dec 9, 2007
we should do that to them
Toni

Sterling, IL

#7 Dec 11, 2007
Even sadder, we who have lost children and would love to have a child can't. And to even get a foster child, you basically have to have a very, very high paying job, heavily involved in a church for years, a large home, prestige, etc. It doesn't matter that you can provide for the child a safe, loving home, clothes on their back, good education, hot meals and lots of love. But then again, it depends on who you are also.
EVEN TEMPERED wrote:
That is what SHOULD happen, but often times the child is returned to the home and shortly afterward, becomes another statistic. Sad but true.
<quoted text>
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 16, 2008
I just want to say that I'm related to Rashad Green. Him and Krystle are both good parents to Kiara and they would never hurt her intentionally. My god you people act like accidents don't happen. There is always two sides to a story.
Ann

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 16, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
I just want to say that I'm related to Rashad Green. Him and Krystle are both good parents to Kiara and they would never hurt her intentionally. My god you people act like accidents don't happen. There is always two sides to a story.
How is scalding her feet an "accident"???
Ann

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 16, 2008
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
How is scalding her feet an "accident"???
Also, biting her arm -- did her arm somehow "accidentally" get in the way of his teeth???

Since: Oct 07

New Lenox, Illinois

#11 Jan 16, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
I know - babies are such liars and manipulators. I bet she purposely burned herself just to make her parents look bad. "Spare the boiling water, spoil the child" I guess, huh? It's a shame good parents aren't just left alone to raise their children how they see fit.
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 16, 2008
A MOM wrote:
we should do that to them
Yes we should, but use hot oil instead of water. To young to be having kids anyway. How about going to school, getting a job, get married, and then kids.
SRS

United States

#14 Jan 16, 2008
"FORD HEIGHTS 4 YA-- "
Those people are animals.
Yeah Ann, how DID her little baby arm get in his filthy mouth to get bit?
Hope they get a dose of the CPD supposedly heavy handed justice behind the closed doors.
Freakin' losers! Throw away the key
Mini Mom

San Antonio, TX

#15 Jan 16, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Well tell us what the baby said that was a lie.

First the baby lies and says he bit her? Then the baby lies and says he scalded her feet when it was really an accident?

What's the matter with YOU?
Please

Cary, NC

#16 Jan 17, 2008
I think they should just stop letting black people have children, and in 20 years the world will be a better place.
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 17, 2008
Please wrote:
I think they should just stop letting black people have children, and in 20 years the world will be a better place.
Not all black people act this way, nor does all people of your race, or any other race for you to make such general sweeping statement.
Please

Cary, NC

#18 Jan 28, 2008
Yeah the other blacks use extention cords.
My bad...
oldlady

Bunnlevel, NC

#19 Apr 8, 2008
It's people of all races that do these horrible things. Think of the news not too long ago about how they kill female newborns in India (I think) by swinging them by the feet and smashing their heads into trees to kill them.
steamin

United States

#20 Apr 19, 2011
Its a shame that these scums accidentally had a baby cus it wasn't planned but she has the nerve to leave her children with another man who is not the father when she should be watchin them herself.....just like a young dummy
BlackandProud

United States

#21 Jul 18, 2011
Please wrote:
do you feel better using this article to get your racist rants out? By the way you sound really dumb and uneducated. Think about what you typed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rich Central cop accused of ramming 105-pound h... 6 hr Istatefacts 1
Glenwood Academy - EEOC Investigation for Discr... (Jan '17) 12 hr Jwilliams 50
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) Sun Plexiglass11 289
Inmates in cook county jail who applauded cop k... Sat Maw 3
News Skeleton may be of woman from suburbs (Jul '07) Feb 17 Scorpio 59
News Harvey official files suit against mayor, polic... (Nov '09) Feb 16 Center Street 27
Bremen Assistant Principal Sexual Harassment (Jan '16) Feb 14 tommy 66

Park Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Forest Mortgages