Heber urges buy residents to buy loca...

Heber urges buy residents to buy local - The Park Record

There are 8 comments on the Park Record story from Mar 4, 2011, titled Heber urges buy residents to buy local - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

The Heber Walmart will be finished as early as July. It is part of a larger commercial subdivision by the Boyer Company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

not in heber again

Herriman, UT

#1 Mar 6, 2011
yeah, great move by heber city! a walmart 'captures' local dollars? really? the contractor is from out of town, the company is from out of town, and the company buys products from out of town, so really what is captured? this is the sole problem with a city that cannot get its planning right. My home was zoned 'residential commerical' and so I got the joy of seeing a 'professional office' set up around the corner two years ago, that remains empty today. I think its more a case of Walmart seeing an opportunity to continue its overlapping network of storefronts around the nation and the narrow minded Heber city council members seeing dollar signs. For instance, what kind of moron builds a new highschool without tearing down or selling the old one? nothing like a series of empty old buildings that NO ONE would buy to clutter up mainstreet.
I am no longer a resident, or taxpayer there, and will not miss it, good luck with the walmart bag decorations in your trees, and the mindset that they are 'creating jobs'.
Not a fan

United States

#2 Mar 6, 2011
Summit county might lose what-12 dollars a year from the opening of the Walmart in Heber? And all the while they create what-150 jobs at $9hr.? This is progress for the Heber Valley? Give me a break! It will be interesting to see what main street looks like in a year.
Ill advised

Palm Desert, CA

#3 Mar 7, 2011
Not a fan is correct. Main street will be devastated in a years time.
The city council caved to the promises of the Walmart dream.....so sad.
resident

Park City, UT

#4 Mar 7, 2011
after reading the above comments, i am just curious to as what exactly you get on main street now that will be offered in the walmart?
resident of Heber City

Heber City, UT

#5 Mar 7, 2011
What is interesting is that not one of the comments so far is from someone actually living in Heber City!
I say it's high time that a store like this comes to this city! I do live in Heber and have for 54 years! Many times the local businesses have closed for the day before I have a chance to buy the items that I need! Give ME a break!! Compete or get out of town!
This is part of America after all.
Fed up with local businesses that can't or won't help!
Living in the now

Heber City, UT

#6 Mar 7, 2011
The only one that has it right is "resident of Heber City". If you don't live here now then you don't know.
Who cares if Park City or Orem doesn't get the money? We need services and products in this valley! We don't want to travel to another city to get them! If local businesses cannot take the competition then it's obvious they are not viable! Why should we pay more for a service or product just because it's from a "local" vendor? Free enterprise baby! Love it or go to Libya!
it is spelled libia

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Mar 8, 2011
Living in the now wrote:
The only one that has it right is "resident of Heber City". If you don't live here now then you don't know.
Who cares if Park City or Orem doesn't get the money? We need services and products in this valley! We don't want to travel to another city to get them! If local businesses cannot take the competition then it's obvious they are not viable! Why should we pay more for a service or product just because it's from a "local" vendor? Free enterprise baby! Love it or go to Libya!
Did you not see the tweet the great product of affirmative action who was pushed through a top prep school, top undergaduate school, top law school, and handed a US senate seat, and the US presidency once held by Washington and Jefferson, all because he has is a so called minority. If he is so educated where are his spelling skills and US geography. How many states do we have? I had to go to work at age 14 to feed my family. Not do drugs in school and then brag he cannot remember his late teens and early 20's because he was on drugs.
Heber Walmart comment

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 Jan 17, 2012
So far I have heard A LOT of complants about poor meat variety & nasty bakery items everything comes frozen nothing if fresh & we have lost so many employees cause Walmart is not making what they projected I do enjoy my job at Walmart but sometimes quality comes before price

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Metaphors in the Torah: Chayei Sarah Part 2 23 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 1
Twin power yoga park city (Nov '14) Jun 10 Duffy 10
saw this gem, thought I'd pass it on: May '16 Yoga Flame 1
News Dr. Dumb May '16 Three Days 1
Debate: Marijuana - Park City, UT (Aug '10) Apr '16 Wiley 15
i miss you (Mar '06) Mar '16 Suzanna Jayne Macon 9
News Why we're all talking about Mitt Romney again (Feb '14) Feb '16 kuda 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park City Mortgages