Talisker is sued for $772K - The Park...

Talisker is sued for $772K - The Park Record

There are 13 comments on the Park Record story from Mar 23, 2010, titled Talisker is sued for $772K - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

A company based in the Park City area has sued Talisker Mountain Developments, Inc., for more than $772,481. In 2002, Talisker purchased ownership interest in Capital Growth Partners, LLC, from Summit Development Partners, LLC, states a seven-page complaint filed against Talisker Mountain Developments Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

GSO

Sunnyvale, CA

#1 Mar 23, 2010
Ever get the feeling Pat doesn't like Talisker? If the issue has been resolved where is the story except to try and make Talisker look bad? I think Pat must be buddies with Griswald.
Silverado OWN

Portland, OR

#2 Mar 23, 2010
Sounds like the same old story. Talisker can't pay its bills, what else is new. Accept maybe BK.
dolladolla

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Mar 23, 2010
maybe pat doesn't like orthodox jews (talisker)? especially canadian orthodox jews. fits in with the wacky left bias of the Park Record. are you an anti-semite pat?
Park City Observer

Miami, FL

#4 Mar 24, 2010
If the matter has been resolved, you could have confirmed that with both parties. Therefore, if the matter was resolved, your headline misleads the reader to think that the matter is unresolved. This is not unbiased journalism, in my opinion.

That would be like stating someone was arrested for a crime and not mentioning he/she was acquitted or the details of the outcome.

You waited until the last part of the article to mention it had been resolved. That is not by accident. However, I think the other comments about anti-semitism are unfounded and hateful. There is certainly no evidence of that.

I read this paper and sometimes am amazed at stories that you ignore and those that you headline. Maybe an editor's meeting is in order? The Park Record serves an important public need. I like the paper and only want it to be the best resource it can be.

Thanks.
Rocky Mountan Way

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Mar 25, 2010
Bistricier's legal problems are lining up like jets on a JFK runway on a stormy afternoon. This lawsuit is just the tip of the iceberg.

The gazillion $$$ suit from Vail against Bistricier and Mark Robbins is scheduled for a jury trial this year. Talisker is now in default on their note due on the Canyons deal. Got the Exuma island problem with Robbins down in the Bahamas. The lawsuit listed in this article. Tuyahe crumbling.

Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln.

RMW
GSO

Sunnyvale, CA

#6 Mar 25, 2010
Rocky Mountain Way,

I think by the way you spell your name it is clear you are not the smartest guy around. If you read this Park Record article you will see that the claim has been resolved. Also, if you had an clue at all you would know that Vail dropped their lawsuit. Finally if you have been paying attention at all you would know that Pat from the Park Record hates Talisker and steadfastly writes completely irrelevant articles that make no sense for the sole purpose of making Talisker look bad. He is basically Kenny Griswald's lap dog.

So before you speak and try and ruin someone's reputation get your facts straight. Man, where do they get these people?
GOSH

Lehi, UT

#7 Mar 25, 2010
GSO,
I hope you don't live in a glass house. If Rocky Mountan Way had "a" clue, not had "an" clue, he would know that Vail dropped their suit to "buy" the Canyons, not their suit in regards to the damages they "allegedly" incurred by the "alleged" dirty dealings of Talisker and Robbins. Oh wait, I think he, or she, did have "a" clue.
Who is trying to ruin someone's reputation here besides you. Not a big fan of Park Records reporting or Griswald's business practices myself, but come on.

I would really like to know more about this Bahama deal. RMW, let's hear more if you have it, no matter how you spell your fake name.
Taxpayer

Draper, UT

#8 Mar 26, 2010
Talisker is a pack of thieves. They lie, they don't pay their bills, default on loans and owe everybody in town $$ especially the little guys. They recently were awarded a Judgement Levy on taxes that goes back 5 years. The City and the School District have to pay $250K back to them. Who else gets these kinds of deals? Go back to Canada.
yup

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Mar 26, 2010
Taxpayer wrote:
Talisker is a pack of thieves. They lie, they don't pay their bills, default on loans and owe everybody in town $$ especially the little guys. They recently were awarded a Judgement Levy on taxes that goes back 5 years. The City and the School District have to pay $250K back to them. Who else gets these kinds of deals? Go back to Canada.
Exactly right. PCMC sold out to Talisker. It is ridiculous what Talisker gets away with.
Me too

Draper, UT

#10 Mar 26, 2010
Talisker is all smoke and mirrors. They give the people of PC a bad rap. How can Jack Bisticer and David Smith sleep at night? They lie through their teeth. Ask anyone in town what they think of them, they roll their eyes and shake their heads. I heard they lost their property in Bonanza Flats, can't pay their legal bills and are behind in their property taxes. Keep digging Patrick, you're on to something. Tell the community the truth about them.
Set the record straight

Draper, UT

#11 Mar 26, 2010
I agree with Me too. Let the people know the facts about Talisker. Why did they fire Prudential R.E. and bring in RE agents from FL to sell their properties. It's an insult to RE community. Set the record straight and make them talk about all the lawsuits they involved in. Why is that anyway? They are levaraged to the hilt. I heard they can hardly made paroll.
old towner

Salt Lake City, UT

#12 Mar 31, 2010
Nice fruedian slip 'set the record straight': "I heard they can hardly made paroll."

Parole or payroll? Either sounds possible with Happy Jack and the lads from Ontario.

'Me too', what did you hear about them losing property in Bonanza Flats?
Me too

Draper, UT

#13 Mar 31, 2010
Check the Wasatch County Records. I overheard a conversation in the Recorder's Office that Talisker bought 100's of acres in Bonanza Flats and defaulted on the loan and as a result lost the property. Several people were talking about it since the loss of property would scratch a big development over there that had been approved by Wasatch. Their concern was the loss of tax revenue in the future.

How can they afford to buy the Waldorf at The Canyons?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Solitude Apr 4 Heavenly 1
News More Dogs on Main Street - The Park Record (Jun '09) Mar '18 IN Kouts 7
News Imagine Dragons singer in Sundance film about L... Mar '18 Pete 3
News Imagine Dragons front man advocates for LGBT Mo... Jan '18 Seriously 2
News Imagine Dragons singer in Sundance film about L... Jan '18 Christsharian Dee... 3
News Imagine Dragons singer in Sundance film about L... Jan '18 Christsharian Dee... 2
News Morrison makes history as 1st female cinematogr... Jan '18 Good For Her 1

Park City Jobs

Personal Finance

Park City Mortgages