Park City teachers will see bigger pa...

Park City teachers will see bigger paychecks - The Park Record

There are 10 comments on the Park Record story from Dec 16, 2011, titled Park City teachers will see bigger paychecks - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

After a 10-month-long grueling process, Park City School District board members along with school district staff and teachers have reached a Licensed Compensation Agreement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

shameful

West Jordan, UT

#1 Dec 17, 2011
What is the school board thinking? Already operating in a deficit and then agreeing to pay more? Probably time to vote them out, or lets just demand for their resignation now.
Bob Derber Park Meadows

South Jordan, UT

#2 Dec 17, 2011
I am happy my kids are HS and not younger. The future of our schools now depends on a tax hike and I don't think it will happen soon. I suspect we'll need to buckle up for larger class sizes, outdated facilities and a huge morale problem when we can't take from the capital account to meet current expenses. Agreed, shameful.
2nd home owner

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Dec 19, 2011
Bottom line you got kids you want to live in park City than pay up. I have no kids and I am forced to pay the taxes on my vacation home here. Go live in Salt lake if you cannot afford it. I for one would enjoy this town more when I come not to have kids hanging around.
Huh

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Dec 19, 2011
Lets see if I understand the equation, the school district didn't tax enough (or, is it CAN'T tax enough?) and has to go rob the piggy bank to pay people a whole lot more money. The district is operating in a deficit, and how many years has that been going on? Can it continue? Who is minding the store? Is any one really at the helm?
And, then a statement "but in terms of compensation increase there isn't any" Who is Miss Matthews talking to, first graders? A $1.5 mm increase in costs of having employees, and not increasing the number of employees, sure sounds like "INCREASED COMPENSATION" to me.
Really

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Dec 19, 2011
you got kids pay up
Nice

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Dec 19, 2011
Way to go Heidi!!!!!!!!!!
lynch

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Dec 19, 2011
Hey great now my wife can go out and buy the boat she has been promising me
Mike

Layton, UT

#8 Dec 19, 2011
Huh wrote:
Lets see if I understand the equation, the school district didn't tax enough (or, is it CAN'T tax enough?) and has to go rob the piggy bank to pay people a whole lot more money. The district is operating in a deficit, and how many years has that been going on? Can it continue? Who is minding the store? Is any one really at the helm?
And, then a statement "but in terms of compensation increase there isn't any" Who is Miss Matthews talking to, first graders? A $1.5 mm increase in costs of having employees, and not increasing the number of employees, sure sounds like "INCREASED COMPENSATION" to me.
Who was Ms. Matthews talking to ... a bunch of first graders?? You really don't have any experience with this school district, do you? You must be a parent or student, or some other insignificant being. You are obviously not a superior educator or administrator who knows more about everything relevant in our lives. How dare you question people who are judge, jury and executioner's, and know more than every adult around them. Have you ever talked to these people ...they are never wrong.

The real question should be why is the Park City school district crashing in state and national rankings, while at the same time costs are increasing, and the teacher to administrator ratio continues to climb. The school district administration is run by a group of unprofessional, self-righteous, religious fanatics whose purpose is to reward themselves with taxpayer money, while at the same time doing as little as humanly possible. Look up the word nepotism and you will understand the Park City school district.

I challenge you to try to talk to try to administrator or district official. They don't return calls, they don't respond to e-mails, yet they are all knowing and all telling. The bottom line is this school district is headed downwards rapidly, but because the majority of the tax income comes from tourism and out-of-state residents, the students are the ones suffering from this complete and total mismanagement, and their parents can't do much about it.
BAAAAAHAAAAAA

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Dec 19, 2011
Who was Ms. Matthews talking to ... a bunch of first graders?? You really don't have any experience with this school district, do you? You must be a parent or student, or some other insignificant being. You are obviously not a superior educator or administrator who knows more about everything relevant in our lives. How dare you question people who are judge, jury and executioner's, and know more than every adult around them. Have you ever talked to these people ...they are never wrong.
The real question should be why is the Park City school district crashing in state and national rankings, while at the same time costs are increasing, and the teacher to administrator ratio continues to climb. The school district administration is run by a group of unprofessional, self-righteous, religious fanatics whose purpose is to reward themselves with taxpayer money, while at the same time doing as little as humanly possible. Look up the word nepotism and you will understand the Park City school district.
I challenge you to try to talk to try to administrator or district official. They don't return calls, they don't respond to e-mails, yet they are all knowing and all telling. The bottom line is this school district is headed downwards rapidly, but because the majority of the tax income comes from tourism and out-of-state residents, the students are the ones suffering from this complete and total mismanagement, and their parents can't do much about it.

I will take it your kid is failing or your one of those parents who thinks their kid does nothing wrong meanwhile your kid is a pain in the a##
Mike

Layton, UT

#10 Dec 20, 2011
BAAAAAHAAAAAA wrote:
I will take it your kid is failing or your one of those parents who thinks their kid does nothing wrong meanwhile your kid is a pain in the a##
Actually my kids are not failing but I am smart enough to know 2 things ... 1) all kids can be a pain in the A## at some point, and (2) it would be worthless debating the decline in the PC school district with someone like you who can't grasp the message. A distrcit employee huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twin power yoga park city (Nov '14) Jun 10 Duffy 10
saw this gem, thought I'd pass it on: May '16 Yoga Flame 1
News Dr. Dumb May '16 Three Days 1
Debate: Marijuana - Park City, UT (Aug '10) Apr '16 Wiley 15
i miss you (Mar '06) Mar '16 Suzanna Jayne Macon 9
News Why we're all talking about Mitt Romney again (Feb '14) Feb '16 kuda 5
News Julie Delpy apologizes for comments about Afric... Feb '16 trish_b 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park City Mortgages