Sky Lodge, claiming $5.6 million error, seeks bankruptcy protec...

Full story: Park Record

The Sky Lodge has petitioned for bankruptcy protection as it tries to resolve a $5.6 million dispute with a lender, claiming that the firm is withholding money that it erroneously received through a transfer from another one of the development's lenders.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated May 24, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mumbo jumbo

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? A computer error, an accounting error, a miscommunication, a misunderstanding...absolutely fascinating.

Its never revenues didn't meet or exceed expenses. Its never that the business went bankrupt because the economy sucks and it didn't work.

At this rate Main St is going to start looking like downtown Flint in the not too distant future.

Hang on.
oooops

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

sorry boss...wrong button.
Blown Sky-High

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

Uh...ok, pretentious main street property built to lure more of the ultra-rich goes belly-up? Where will the next ax fall, and why am I feeling it will be the High West Distillery?

Why is it that people drunk with cash do such stupid things with their money? Who in town got snookered on this white elephant, and how many vacation guests will want to stay in a bankrupt property?
Totally Uninformed

Delray Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

Boy the hits just keep on coming.

Isn't that a fractional ownership thing? What does this mean to people who bought shares in place?
dave

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

That place is a great case study in mismanagement. They have blown throuh some great talent. Is's one manager after another. The Sky Lodge could be the hottest bar in town is someone that knew something about running a bar would take over.
Just Go Eleven

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

Let's face it, luxury real estate is being sucked into a big sink-hole and it's likely to take between five and ten years for it to resurface. All the discussions about "green sprouts" in real estate sales affect the market below $500,000. Above that level, everything is in a profound state of disarray, with the $1 million and above properties suffering the most because of limitations surrounding jumbo loans...
Shonuf

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

Just Go Eleven wrote:
Let's face it, luxury real estate is being sucked into a big sink-hole and it's likely to take between five and ten years for it to resurface. All the discussions about "green sprouts" in real estate sales affect the market below $500,000. Above that level, everything is in a profound state of disarray, with the $1 million and above properties suffering the most because of limitations surrounding jumbo loans...
How is hawaii treatin ya?
peter

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2009

I agree that if you keep changing management 3 times a year nothing ever works. Plus you never can keep a business running on empty all the time and over working your staff.True you lost alot of good talent.
Marco

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

What a joke! The owners there (bill) is a sorrr excuse of a business man, let alone a hospitality gentleman! He keeps doing the same thing over and over and over.

Maybe this time he will learn, or maybe his wife will, ha!
Just Go Eleven

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Shonuf wrote:
<quoted text>
How is hawaii treatin ya?
Hawaii is treating me "Aloha Style," everything's on sale and the real estate is bad there too. It might be a good idea for our City Hall and Chamber folks to get on the horn with the Hawaiian tourist board, exchange notes and pick up some ideas on how to increase tourist biz, here in PC, instead of taking another trip to Crested Butte...
Nob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

What do you expect from a Mormon operated business?
Bill

West Edmeston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Did Mrs. Shoaf leave her cute pug posing in a segway until it tipped over and killed the dog? Was that her?
dave

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Nob wrote:
What do you expect from a Mormon operated business?
Would you care to elaborate? When dld Bill and Carrie become mormons?
Bill

West Edmeston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

It was Carrie Shoaf who's dog died because it was in a basket on her segway, which fell on the poor thing and killed it. There was a picture of her in the Park Record with it, but the editor has since hidden the story. A little embarrassing I guess. I wonder if the editor is telling the truth on this story? I wonder. This is much, much more embarrassing.
Bill

West Edmeston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Embarrassing is the least of it.
PC Taxpayer

Kaysville, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Bill wrote:
It was Carrie Shoaf who's dog died because it was in a basket on her segway, which fell on the poor thing and killed it. There was a picture of her in the Park Record with it, but the editor has since hidden the story. A little embarrassing I guess. I wonder if the editor is telling the truth on this story? I wonder. This is much, much more embarrassing.
You are wrong - it was Debbie Schirf, not Carrie Shoaf, WHOSE dog died. And it was a chihuahua, "Chica Bonita" not a pug. Just how dyslexic ARE you? Or did you just want to take a cheap shot and so did not bother to check the PR archives? The story IS there, for those who make the effort to check. The editor is NOT hiding the story. It is NOT an embarrassment to Ms. Shoaf, but it certainly should be to you. YOU LIE!!!!
Shonuf

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

too bad the segway didn't fall on bob berube.
Past Employee

South Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

All I can say is ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! I'm a true believer in BAD KARMA!! And Bill Shoaf (Owner) is the poster boy for BAD KARMA!! I could write a book on The Sky Lodge/Bill Shoaf...Let's see what we can come up with:
1. Bill Shoaf couldn't own a 5 cent Lemonade Stand..It would shut down...why? you ask??
First, any good business starts with it's owner...How Bill got into Hotel/Food & Beverage is MIND BLOWING!! I don't even know if this guy can speak or has teeth..??? Type A guy WHO HATES PEOPLE in general...so you lose right there..
He has used up every resource of $$$ that there is...The investors, banks, friends, etc...I heard he pulled illegal matter in Costa Rica, and is not allowed back in that Country...
Sky Lodge...a.k.a.."Turnover Lodge"....this place hires Managers out of High School...Locals will NEVER GO there, because Bill and his clonies ran off VERY talented employees for usually no reason...if he didn't like you..you were gone. If you were to put in constructive ideas to make the place more profitable, you were fired....he simply only cares about the Fractional Ownership...THAT'S IT!!
As far as Easy Street Resteraunt...what a complete joke...you call Scott Brokeback a chef?? This guy couldn't make subs at Quizno's...his food sucked!! The guest ALWAYS complained about the food...
I'm glad Bill will be spending time behind bars finally..he disrupted a lot of people's lives!!
5 Star Resort with a 0 Star Owner/Staff....it's a shame...Oh well...rumour has it Shabu might move in it's spot...that would be GREAT!! They will make more $$$ in a week, than in Sky's entire existence....
My advice to anyone who wants to stay here...DON'T...do you wanna stay in a place where the guy is a crook??
Past Employee

South Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Marco wrote:
What a joke! The owners there (bill) is a sorrr excuse of a business man, let alone a hospitality gentleman! He keeps doing the same thing over and over and over.
Maybe this time he will learn, or maybe his wife will, ha!
haha..Carrie Shoaf...what a blonde dipshit...she's already moved on to someone else I'm sure..Bill has no more $$$...or I should say, never had..
Past Employee

South Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Totally Uninformed wrote:
Boy the hits just keep on coming.
Isn't that a fractional ownership thing? What does this mean to people who bought shares in place?
I know one owner...lets just say that Bill should hide out for a while...haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Park City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Park City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••