Dave & Buster's: whose hands are raised for a Park City location? - The Park Record

Full story: Park Record

City Hall this week acknowledged it has some interest in attracting a Dave & Buster's restaurant-bar-entertainment center, a move that would bring a nationally known entry into Park City's competitive restaurant industry.
Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Oct 17, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fer real

Park City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Wait, did I read this right? D&B didn't approach Park City about this --- instead, Park City wants to approach D&B? I'm all for something new and fun in PC, but an unoriginal, corporate restaurant? How about talking to independent business owners who have an interest in small-town commerce? This bums me out.
Tacky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Dave and Busters is a very low-class entertainment/restaurant franchise. A chuck-e-cheese for adults. Park City is better than that. And I would hope people can come up with something better.
Giamero

West Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

This is what happens when Government gets bloated... just think what the assistant assistant city manager might devise!!! I agree with both Tacky and Fer real, PC is better than D&B and should think about SMALL Business owners!
United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Why? The growth of chains in kimball junction are killing the spirit of our town. No more chains! Dave and busters.....I hope not.
Anonymous Parkite

Park City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

D&B needs half a million people within riving distance. AKA 15 minutes. This is a joke, they will never come here.
NICE

Park City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

no please
NO
do not need it

West Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

We need a new cultural center to celibrate our great diversity here in Park city. A real show place to show the world we accept all people and love all. A larger LGBT hostel with an european interaction room would be great and is needed. We need to teach people to experimente and try all things offered at least once. More minorties need to be included in the Federal stimulas plan to integrate all white communites like Park City and change the complexion of local and county government employees. We need more low income people to move to Park City to break the strangle hold here.

“Can't feed 'em?Don't breed 'em”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Tacky wrote:
Dave and Busters is a very low-class entertainment/restaurant franchise. A chuck-e-cheese for adults. Park City is better than that. And I would hope people can come up with something better.
You just gave a very good reason that this is EXACTLY where they belong.
Townie

Park City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Very disappointing and not really the role of government. Let the market decide.
Booger

South Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

do not need it wrote:
We need a new cultural center to celibrate our great diversity here in Park city. A real show place to show the world we accept all people and love all. A larger LGBT hostel with an european interaction room would be great and is needed. We need to teach people to experimente and try all things offered at least once. More minorties need to be included in the Federal stimulas plan to integrate all white communites like Park City and change the complexion of local and county government employees. We need more low income people to move to Park City to break the strangle hold here.
Yeah....Right
PC RES

Park City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

NO! why would you bring in a big chain when the small local places are working so hard just to make a go of it.
PC Resident

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

I hope this article is one of the April Fools articles, just a little early.
Just me

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

karma wrote:
Why? The growth of chains in kimball junction are killing the spirit of our town. No more chains! Dave and busters.....I hope not.
Well put, and I would assume Kimball is right where it would go.
Mountain Town Lite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

PC government = NC (no class)
pc local

Riverton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Why would we bring that into our town? The junction has already ruined park city. You want this put it out there with all the other garbage box stores
Puhleez

Park City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

You've got to be kidding.
Anonymous Parkite

Park City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

I challenge any of you to Call the Real Estate Department of Dave and Busters.

Here is they site requirements pulled off their website.

We only need to have 450,000 more people move here, and they will consider Park City.

Market Requirements
Super-regional Draw:
1,000,000 SF retail (1/4 mile)
100,000 daytime population (3 miles)
500,000 population (10 miles)
Totally Uninformed

Delray Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Maybe the requirements would be lower for a resort area where people are spending a greater percentage of their evenings seeking entertainment/spending money. Maybe.

On the other hand, aren't people there to ski?
Hungry

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Forget D & B
I want an IN-N-OUT burger!

“Can't feed 'em?Don't breed 'em”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Totally Uninformed wrote:
Maybe the requirements would be lower for a resort area where people are spending a greater percentage of their evenings seeking entertainment/spending money. Maybe.
On the other hand, aren't people there to ski?
No. For that they go to Alta.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Park City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Park City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••