Potsdam mayor calls for police department investigation

Mayor Steven W. Yurgartis is calling for an independent investigation of the Potsdam Police Department after learning that an officer failed for nearly 18 months to report a property damage accident he caused. Full Story
screw that

Potsdam, NY

#85 Jun 14, 2012
sorry again wrote:
<quoted text>I do follow. He may have waited 18 months which was wrong.It is only isurance fraud if they recover money for a inicident that didn't happen. A accident did happen and it was reported. Should he be punished, yes but at this point it an internal issue which by law and I see that you are so well versed on it you should no that.
I am getting SO SICK AND TIRED of some morons keep saying "it's an internal issue"!!! Why would a crime (any crime) be an internal issue under any circumstances?????? because Ames happens to be a cop?
Let's put it this way..... If it was a non-PPD person, they would be charged and arrested! So why should this be any different for the crooked scumbag Ames that should know better than most what he did was not only immoral but ILLEGAL!!! The only "internal discipline" I think most people would respect would be to FIRE HIS ASSSS, and replace him with a good cop!!!
taxpayer

Newark, NY

#86 Jun 14, 2012
Number one, its not a crime but a mere leaving the scene of a property damage accident. 600 section of the nys v and t law. Secondly it is an internal issue because the statute of limitations has expired. any tickets that could have been issued can not be now. It is internal unless you have inside info that I invite you to share with all of us. Was it wrong, yes. Should he be fired, no but maybe demoted? Its up to the village at this point. Lets stop all this and leave him alone. Allow the cards to fall where they will.
screw that

Potsdam, NY

#87 Jun 14, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
Number one, its not a crime but a mere leaving the scene of a property damage accident. 600 section of the nys v and t law. Secondly it is an internal issue because the statute of limitations has expired. any tickets that could have been issued can not be now. It is internal unless you have inside info that I invite you to share with all of us. Was it wrong, yes. Should he be fired, no but maybe demoted? Its up to the village at this point. Lets stop all this and leave him alone. Allow the cards to fall where they will.
it actually IS a crime, check your facts!!! Unsafe backing, leaving the scene of a
Property damage accident. The section is too long to post here. Also, why don't you look up "OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT OF A POLICE OFFICER"!!! I'm sure you would feel much different if this had happened to you!
taxpayer

Newark, NY

#88 Jun 14, 2012
You better look again a traffic infraction is not a crime. Neither is unsafe backing. Why argue b/c you cant charge him. And official misconduct wont fly. The mayor will use this to not hire a patrolman and sergeant and it will be out of sight and on to another topic. Whoever is posting all of this is out for justice it seems like or is it paranoia on the part of the wannabe
hjpdam

Brooklyn, NY

#89 Jun 14, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
You better look again a traffic infraction is not a crime. Neither is unsafe backing. Why argue b/c you cant charge him. And official misconduct wont fly. The mayor will use this to not hire a patrolman and sergeant and it will be out of sight and on to another topic. Whoever is posting all of this is out for justice it seems like or is it paranoia on the part of the wannabe
Not sure what that even means but in return, it sure does seem who's posting this sure does seem to be awful defensive. Could this be Ames? Or possibly Huckle?
haheinskxkks

Brooklyn, NY

#90 Jun 17, 2012
OMFG-SERIOUSLY wrote:
Your all a bunch of idiots...just my opinion and since we are all giving it...because really...seriously...first of all anyone with half of a brain cell and who also knows JJ Jenks knows that he is an arrogant little shit who thinks the world owes him because Daddy was a cop and always got his stupid a** out of trouble!!!! Quite obviously NOT doing him any favors...he has been given countless breaks from Potsdam PD and the the Sheriffs dept and has been driving drunk for so long he's lucky he hasn't killed himself or someone else!!!! So God forbid that he didn't get the break this one time...and now he's gonna dig up all kinds of dirt from 2010??? WTF??? Now let's talk about that little party Mike Ames attended at JJ Jenks residence in 2010...because I attended many myself...there was NEVER an occasion when there wasn't at least one minor that JJ or Jordan invited...which was probably why JJ wanted it "handled internally" at the time...so he wouldn't get charged with countless charges of serving minors and endangering...but now that he's pissed he neglectls to remember just how many of us attended those parties!!! JJ needs to grow the frig up...start taking some responsibility for his actions and stop acting like a 12yr old having a temper tantrum in middle school...OMG...really???
What other trouble are you talking about? If you know anything at all you would check things out before you open your big trap. He has never been arrested before.
haheinskxkks

Brooklyn, NY

#91 Jun 17, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
I want to hear more about this dirtbag who passed out at the wheel in BK drive through and then had nothing happen to him...
This isn't the issue here. Kevin Bates is a good person, let's not try to bring him in on this.
are you serious

Syracuse, NY

#92 Jun 17, 2012
If Bates was such a good person then he wouldn't cover up a dwi for someone he knows and then go give a dwi to someone else that he doesn`t know. This police force needs an overhaul.
Park man

Hollywood, FL

#93 Jun 18, 2012
The cover up by bates is just as much a crime as ames
up yours

Syracuse, NY

#94 Jun 19, 2012
screw that wrote:
<quoted text>
I am getting SO SICK AND TIRED of some morons keep saying "it's an internal issue"!!! Why would a crime (any crime) be an internal issue under any circumstances?????? because Ames happens to be a cop?
Let's put it this way..... If it was a non-PPD person, they would be charged and arrested! So why should this be any different for the crooked scumbag Ames that should know better than most what he did was not only immoral but ILLEGAL!!! The only "internal discipline" I think most people would respect would be to FIRE HIS ASSSS, and replace him with a good cop!!!
You seem to know everything about law enforcement, why don't you take the job. It may require you to get off the couch and off the computer.
Mnn

New York, NY

#95 Jun 19, 2012
It seems it may not...
Hello

Syracuse, NY

#96 Jun 19, 2012
Leaving the scene of a property damage incident is a violation not a crime. A crime is a misdemeanor or felony. It is an infraction no different than a speeding ticket. The statute of limitations (one year) is up so that is why it is internal. It was wrong what he did however if he is not a probationary sergeant than he is allowed due process and they can not legally demote him without a hearing in accordance to civil service law. Does he sound like a boob to me... Yes but the board still has to follow procedure too. If he is not probationary I would be talking to a lawyer. Yagurtis appears anti police and will jump at any opportunity to make the police look bad to further his agenda of getting rid of them. Ames is foolish for making his department look bad.
cool story bro

Syracuse, NY

#97 Jun 19, 2012
"It's a violation, not a crime"

Shouldn't we expect our police to obey and uphold the law at all times? This behavior violated the law and this cop gets a slap on the wrist. How is that not conduct unbecoming of an officer? If you're a cop and you break the law (violation, crime, or misdemeanor), you should lose your job, PERIOD. Apologists for official corruption disgrace the importance of competent, ethical law enforcement.
For real

Syracuse, NY

#98 Jun 21, 2012
Hello wrote:
Leaving the scene of a property damage incident is a violation not a crime. A crime is a misdemeanor or felony. It is an infraction no different than a speeding ticket. The statute of limitations (one year) is up so that is why it is internal. It was wrong what he did however if he is not a probationary sergeant than he is allowed due process and they can not legally demote him without a hearing in accordance to civil service law. Does he sound like a boob to me... Yes but the board still has to follow procedure too. If he is not probationary I would be talking to a lawyer. Yagurtis appears anti police and will jump at any opportunity to make the police look bad to further his agenda of getting rid of them. Ames is foolish for making his department look bad.
You are right all the way around.
pdam

Potsdam, NY

#99 Jun 21, 2012
Hello wrote:
Well for something they "can't do", it sure looks like they ARE!!!!
coverup potsdam

Potsdam, NY

#100 Jun 23, 2012
hjpdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what that even means but in return, it sure does seem who's posting this sure does seem to be awful defensive. Could this be Ames? Or possibly Huckle?
If it wasn't for Huckle being the "RAT" not jenks, Ames never would have got caught, Huckle was in the vehicle with Ames when the accident happened, another coverup for Huckle, how many does this make.He should be the one to demoted or fired. you think?
yeahhhh

Syracuse, NY

#101 Jun 24, 2012
I thought it was common knowledge that huckle was in the car. Huckle does whatever he wants without any repercussions and has for years.
seriously

Syracuse, NY

#102 Jul 18, 2012
pl22g wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what everyone has been saying! Why the hell hasn't this scum Ames been fired yet? He's still working and breaking the laws and why the hell hasn't anyone done something about him yet??????
Jesus christ bc made a mistake...broke the law...and will take his licks!!! Everyone of us...leo or not has made a mistake...he did'nt commit murder for christs sake!! If you were all privy to the skeletons in every cops closet that would mean you might have to open that closed mind and realize...humanity is reality...people don't lose their jobs for making mistakes...what if each of you lost your job everytime you screwed up...think the welfare line is long now!!!
what ever

Syracuse, NY

#103 Jul 18, 2012
coverup potsdam wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't for Huckle being the "RAT" not jenks, Ames never would have got caught, Huckle was in the vehicle with Ames when the accident happened, another coverup for Huckle, how many does this make.He should be the one to demoted or fired. you think?
I believe Jenks had someone write the letter for him,knowing the kid and his family noone there is smart enough to do it. Huckle was in the vehicle and took his bid for not reporting it. Get off him.
Awesome

Sutton, MA

#104 Jul 19, 2012
PPD is a joke I hope they get shut down. There all worthless rent a cops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parishville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pregnant 34 min Generational Welf... 6
Potsdam Humane Society is a Joke (Feb '12) 1 hr Animal lover 58
Ben Parker son of Dan Parker (Dec '11) 3 hr Harwichportter 31
Help available for pregnant women (Feb '14) 7 hr wtf 13
Who burnt the Hut bar and grill 7 hr Truth 5
Nick Hillary 15 hr retired_lovingit 79
roxanne vallance 17 hr lol 12
Parishville Dating
Find my Match

Parishville Jobs