PJC Radiology Program

Posted in the Paris Forum

In Transition

Tyler, TX

#1 Jul 23, 2010
Could anyone who has completed the radiology technology program at Paris Junior College give me a brief overview of their experience and if the program was very difficult to get accepted in to? I have a few college credits but I do not have all of the "suggested" classes that they have listed on their website to complete before the program. Is it possible to get accepted even though I do not have these "suggested" classes done? I have a 4.0 from all of my other credit hours.(If so, I was hoping to apply for this upcoming term.) Thanks for any info you can provide!:)
hello

Paris, TX

#2 Jul 31, 2010
In Transition wrote:
Could anyone who has completed the radiology technology program at Paris Junior College give me a brief overview of their experience and if the program was very difficult to get accepted in to? I have a few college credits but I do not have all of the "suggested" classes that they have listed on their website to complete before the program. Is it possible to get accepted even though I do not have these "suggested" classes done? I have a 4.0 from all of my other credit hours.(If so, I was hoping to apply for this upcoming term.) Thanks for any info you can provide!:)
You need to sit down with an advisor at the campus and they can give you an overview. They go by points, and references, and interviews. An advisor can give you all of the details and help you get on track. All are very helpful and willing to discuss this with you.
cash

Clarksville, TX

#3 Aug 1, 2010
it is x rated
peruf

Paris, TX

#4 Aug 1, 2010
To become a radiologist, you have to persue an Associate's degree. Therefore, you have to have all of the classes that are required for an Asscoiate's Degree. Space is limited in the radiology class, and the spots are very sought after, so this is why they mandate that good grades and proper credentials are required. Though not as hard to get into as PJC's nursing program, radiology is a competitive area.
In Transition

Santa Fe, TX

#5 Aug 2, 2010
Thanks for all the valuable info!
anon

Houston, TX

#6 Aug 4, 2010
peruf wrote:
To become a radiologist, you have to persue an Associate's degree. Therefore, you have to have all of the classes that are required for an Asscoiate's Degree. Space is limited in the radiology classes, and the spots are very sought after, so this is why they mandate that good grades and proper credentials are required. Though not as hard to get into as PJC's nursing program, radiology is a competitive area.
I believe you mean radiology tech... you need a little more than an associates degree to become a radiologist...
What the FREAK

Paris, TX

#7 Aug 10, 2010
Are you kidding me? SERIOUSLY??? If you need info about the success rate, go STRAIGHT to the college admissions counselor - they are paid to give you that info. Why would you muddy it up in TOPIX.
Paris Junior College is an institution we should all be very proud of. Many communities our size WISH to have a JUCO. Thank goodness our forefathers were wise enough to petition long ago for our great college.
Jim Crow

Paris, TX

#8 Aug 10, 2010
cash wrote:
it is x rated
I love cash....
U Dont Say

Paris, TX

#9 Aug 10, 2010
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
I love cash....
Imagine that!!! We got it!!!
peruf

Paris, TX

#10 Aug 10, 2010
*radiology tech yes. oops.
Rad Tech Student

Cumby, TX

#11 Aug 12, 2010
I'm in the Radiology Program at PJC now and first of all you cannot apply whenever you want, applications are accepted in September. You must have all of the recommended classes, because like someone said it is a point system, and without the classes you dont have the points. Take the rest of the classes you need and if you really have a 4.0 apply in September and you shouldnt have much of a problem getting in. You also need to observe for a few days to make sure it is what you want to do. But the PJC RT program is a good program.
Hey You

Paris, TX

#12 Aug 16, 2010
Rad Tech Student wrote:
I'm in the Radiology Program at PJC now and first of all you cannot apply whenever you want, applications are accepted in September. You must have all of the recommended classes, because like someone said it is a point system, and without the classes you dont have the points. Take the rest of the classes you need and if you really have a 4.0 apply in September and you shouldnt have much of a problem getting in. You also need to observe for a few days to make sure it is what you want to do. But the PJC RT program is a good program.
I know who you are, S.B.
Rad tech student

Metairie, LA

#13 Dec 2, 2010
what are points?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Empty Vault 24 min productive please 1
Attention all junkers 1 hr Morningside Resident 10
Requiem For Paris - Addendum 1 hr FYI 21
president Obama 1 hr just asking 13
Dogs being chained in yard 1 hr billp 15
Paris Life Magazine...thoughts? 2 hr yup 60
Word Association? Part II (Apr '09) 3 hr whatimeisit 4,931
Judge Biard should be ashamed if this is true 5 hr reason 26
Requiem For Paris 10 hr Drank her pretty 31

Paris News Video