Hostess at Romas Restaurant

Hostess at Romas Restaurant

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Not impressed

Paris, TX

#1 Aug 25, 2012
It is a shame that this little cute girl is wasting her time working there. She could be flirting anywhere and ignoring her customers somewhere else. She is too busy flirting with the waitstaff instead of greeting people and seating them. I am just so sorry that I interrupted her conversation and flirting when all that I asked was to have a place to sit.

to the sweet little girls that have no idea how to work and take care of their customers.....go back to the play ground where you can flirt and carry on like the little school girls that you are. You are running off business from this nice restaurant.
unknown

Paris, TX

#2 Aug 25, 2012
Not impressed wrote:
It is a shame that this little cute girl is wasting her time working there. She could be flirting anywhere and ignoring her customers somewhere else. She is too busy flirting with the waitstaff instead of greeting people and seating them. I am just so sorry that I interrupted her conversation and flirting when all that I asked was to have a place to sit.

to the sweet little girls that have no idea how to work and take care of their customers.....go back to the play ground where you can flirt and carry on like the little school girls that you are. You are running off business from this nice restaurant.
I think I know who you are talking about. She was constantly in the kitchen eating bread & getting herself something to drink.
anon

Papeete, French Polynesia

#3 Aug 26, 2012
Not impressed wrote:
It is a shame that this little cute girl is wasting her time working there. She could be flirting anywhere and ignoring her customers somewhere else. She is too busy flirting with the waitstaff instead of greeting people and seating them. I am just so sorry that I interrupted her conversation and flirting when all that I asked was to have a place to sit.
to the sweet little girls that have no idea how to work and take care of their customers.....go back to the play ground where you can flirt and carry on like the little school girls that you are. You are running off business from this nice restaurant.
Did you complain to the manager?
reason is

Haslet, TX

#5 Aug 26, 2012
Not impressed wrote:
It is a shame that this little cute girl is wasting her time working there. She could be flirting anywhere and ignoring her customers somewhere else. She is too busy flirting with the waitstaff instead of greeting people and seating them. I am just so sorry that I interrupted her conversation and flirting when all that I asked was to have a place to sit.

to the sweet little girls that have no idea how to work and take care of their customers.....go back to the play ground where you can flirt and carry on like the little school girls that you are. You are running off business from this nice restaurant.
What waitstaff is she flirting with. The staff there is mostly girls ? Which one e u talking about
Not impressed

Paris, TX

#6 Aug 26, 2012
I just want them to do their jobs. They are not in high school. They are at work!
me to

Rockwall, TX

#7 Aug 26, 2012
Not impressed wrote:
It is a shame that this little cute girl is wasting her time working there. She could be flirting anywhere and ignoring her customers somewhere else. She is too busy flirting with the waitstaff instead of greeting people and seating them. I am just so sorry that I interrupted her conversation and flirting when all that I asked was to have a place to sit.

to the sweet little girls that have no idea how to work and take care of their customers.....go back to the play ground where you can flirt and carry on like the little school girls that you are. You are running off business from this nice restaurant.
I agree 100% the first and last time we went the SAME THING WAS GOING ON!! And they were whispering back and forth ABOUT RUNNING OUT OF FOOD!! NOT WHISPERING QUIETLY ENOUGH OBVIOUSLY... I won't go back!!!
Curious

United States

#8 Aug 30, 2012
Which girl is it? Was it lunch or.dinner shift? The blonde or the brunette? Could it have been one if the waitresses since they occasionally hostess themselves??? Was she one of tge teenagers or an older girl?
Gettin a rise

Austin, TX

#9 Aug 30, 2012
I would try and talk to the manager before you say you will go somewhere else. Let them know that a person in their employe is affecting business and give them a chance to fix it first.
wow

Paris, TX

#10 Aug 30, 2012
I find it funny that you sat your whole meal watching an underage girl and her work habits. I have been to Roma's a few times and I haven't seen anyone have to wait for a table unless the hostess was seating someone else or getting drinks to help the servers out. On one occasion the little hostess that seated us wasn't even on the clock, she just wanted to help out since it was busy. You must not have had a good dinner companion if you knew what the little girl was up to all night long, I love that you have one meal and you can tell how well an employee works. You must be awesome! Why don't you just admit that you are looking to start trouble and this is the only place you can get attention. OOHH you were alone and that is why you had time to watch her, what really happened? Did you try to hit on her and she not respond??:)
Are you twelve

Paris, TX

#11 Aug 30, 2012
wow wrote:
I find it funny that you sat your whole meal watching an underage girl and her work habits. I have been to Roma's a few times and I haven't seen anyone have to wait for a table unless the hostess was seating someone else or getting drinks to help the servers out. On one occasion the little hostess that seated us wasn't even on the clock, she just wanted to help out since it was busy. You must not have had a good dinner companion if you knew what the little girl was up to all night long, I love that you have one meal and you can tell how well an employee works. You must be awesome! Why don't you just admit that you are looking to start trouble and this is the only place you can get attention. OOHH you were alone and that is why you had time to watch her, what really happened? Did you try to hit on her and she not respond??:)
You are just weird.
Wanderlust

Dallas, TX

#12 Aug 31, 2012
I was not impressed with the food at the restaurant. I will give it another try though before I quit them completely. Our wait staff was just fine when I went.

There is very little evidence in Paris of waitstaff that know how to tend to customers properly, so this is no surprise.
hard work means just that

Paris, TX

#13 Sep 1, 2012
I ran into the same thing at kroger a while back...the girl bagging my groceries kept running her mouth about friends, partying, whatever, not paying attention to what she was doing...at the end of check out I told her I was tired of being treated like i did not matter, that my coming into the store was interfering with her life, that I did not want to hear her private business and if she could not keep her mind on her job, and so forth ...her eyes got so big but I could see i was getting through, that she was not doing her job and the customer was not pleased...the girl at the register was reacting with a great big "yes!!!" as apparently she wanted this girl to do her job and was tired of hearing all that private crap too.

My husband worked 27 years at a certain place and the big boss basically forced him to retire. the young guy they hired to take his place only lasted 3 days, the work was "too hard."

the youth these days need to learn a few things about what is expected in the work place.
Ethic

United States

#14 Sep 1, 2012
Work ethic is gone these days!!! These kids growing up should be thankful to even have a job considering how the economy is.
I call BS

Paris, TX

#15 Sep 3, 2012
Unless this thread started from someone on the inside someone is making an A** out of themselves opps I.mean they are assuming! You can't see what is going on in the kitchen unless you are stcking you nosy self.behind the curtain, you sure as heck can't see what does is going on from the front entrance where you wait to be seated! The hostess isn't just there to seat you, she takes to go orders, she answers the phone, she makes drinks for customers when the servers are busy. The ONLY way you would kniw uf she was or wasn't doing her job is if you worked there. How do.you know she wasn't getting bread for a table? Did you actually see her eating?? Most places won't allow their employess to eat out front unless they are on break. Another thing, you couldn't have waited more then a minute because the second someone walks through that door all the employees check to.see who it is and if the hostess isn't out front the wait staff rush over to seat them or grab a hostess for you. Most of the time the owner does the hostessing so is she the one that was back there eating? Know your facts before you start rumors!! Must be sad to not have a life so yo start crap about someone else. Grow the heck up and stop being so juvenile!!
You silly child

Paris, TX

#16 Sep 3, 2012
I call BS wrote:
Unless this thread started from someone on the inside someone is making an A** out of themselves opps I.mean they are assuming! You can't see what is going on in the kitchen unless you are stcking you nosy self.behind the curtain, you sure as heck can't see what does is going on from the front entrance where you wait to be seated! The hostess isn't just there to seat you, she takes to go orders, she answers the phone, she makes drinks for customers when the servers are busy. The ONLY way you would kniw uf she was or wasn't doing her job is if you worked there. How do.you know she wasn't getting bread for a table? Did you actually see her eating?? Most places won't allow their employess to eat out front unless they are on break. Another thing, you couldn't have waited more then a minute because the second someone walks through that door all the employees check to.see who it is and if the hostess isn't out front the wait staff rush over to seat them or grab a hostess for you. Most of the time the owner does the hostessing so is she the one that was back there eating? Know your facts before you start rumors!! Must be sad to not have a life so yo start crap about someone else. Grow the heck up and stop being so juvenile!!
The juvenile is you! You speak, write and think like a defensive juvenile. You obviously work there. It is also abundantly apparent that if you believe all of those things that you are saying, you are blind to the operations of the place. You are one of the participants in the slack-ass work that some of them are demonstrating. Your sweet little hostess is not what you describe. Nor is it "impossible" to observe the things that you say only insiders can know about. LOL. You truly are of a simple and juvenile mind. I know that you do not know any better. I don't fault you for that. I only fault you for your mouth that blasts your defenses without understanding the facts. So, carry on thinking that you know everything. You are, however, a teenager. We all know how teenagers "know everything" and cannot be told "anything"! LOL
enough

Paris, TX

#17 Sep 5, 2012
I wouldn't work there period, I wouldn't put up with being verbally abused by anyone no matter the pay. I have to much self respect for that. I was having lunch there yesterday and the manager/owner jumped all down the little waitress with the pig tails throat because she was busy when a customer came in and didn't seat him right away. The poor things are only getting a few tables a shift and there are so many of them working. Instead of having 8 waiters a day maybe they should have four and a hostess!

“This too shall pass”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#18 Sep 5, 2012
It's almost funny in a sad, pitiful way the attention and gossip Roma's has gotten since they opened.
We go there and are always treated well and attentively.
Maybe some of you just don't have enough to keep you occupied otherwise. Do you go to eat or just try to find something to start a Topix post on?
lolol

United States

#19 Sep 5, 2012
enough wrote:
I wouldn't work there period, I wouldn't put up with being verbally abused by anyone no matter the pay. I have to much self respect for that. I was having lunch there yesterday and the manager/owner jumped all down the little waitress with the pig tails throat because she was busy when a customer came in and didn't seat him right away. The poor things are only getting a few tables a shift and there are so many of them working. Instead of having 8 waiters a day maybe they should have four and a hostess!
thank you employee of Romas I wonder which one you are.
hmmm

United States

#20 Sep 5, 2012
enough wrote:
I wouldn't work there period, I wouldn't put up with being verbally abused by anyone no matter the pay. I have to much self respect for that. I was having lunch there yesterday and the manager/owner jumped all down the little waitress with the pig tails throat because she was busy when a customer came in and didn't seat him right away. The poor things are only getting a few tables a shift and there are so many of them working. Instead of having 8 waiters a day maybe they should have four and a hostess!
She probably has to schedule so many people bc her employees are incompetent and can't handle a 3 table section. Just a guess
Hungry

Paris, TX

#21 Sep 24, 2012
You guys are lucky to be seated at all ! Shogun restaurant is worst when thy have a few customer . They won't sit you down at all they have the worst staff and owner is not friendly at all . Food is very expensive .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump! 59 min Political Atheist 8
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr Part McShartz 1,052
Best/Worst Barber in Paris (Dec '08) 5 hr itsjustme 26
"Climate Change" DELETED from White House Website! 5 hr itsjustme 2
MLK Holiday 5 hr FYI 39
Lice at North Lamar 5 hr Curious 24
Interracial dating with teens. How to prevent it. (Feb '09) 11 hr user-love 247

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages