curious

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Did anyone else get info about a pageant while at the festival of pumpkins.....It is from Lipstick and lollypops and the director is Nancy Oates.....i have never heard of the company or the director and wanted to know if anyone knows more about it. Thanks
Texas Tech Girl

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

I didn't remember receiving one but at the end of the day my child was holding on in her hand. I read it; to me it was very unprofessionally written. The prices were too high and I don't like the idea of exploiting children for their looks. I think they should be judge on their smarts and achievements and not the way they look. But then again that's my opinion and I don't mean to get on a soap box. Also I have never heard of the company myself, so I would be careful if you decided to enter your child.
pageant mom

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

It's for fun... I have been familiar with the people that run this particular system (Nancy's daughter who is grown now used to compete in pageants when she was a little girl) and they are honest. There are no concerns I would have with this pageant.
AND to Texas Tech Girl... My daughter competes in pageants and they are VERY MUCH an achievement. She works VERY hard on learning her routines before we do a pageant AND just having the guts to get up there on that stage and perfeorm & do her best at something she LOVES to do makes me proud. I am sick & tired of judgemental people putting down something that they know nothing about..it's not all about looks (unless you are ugly...lmao)
Anonymouse

Shawnee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

I've watched enough of the show on TLC to see that it really isn't about achievement at all. She works hard on what? Shaking her ass around on stage in clothing that no child should be wearing? The routines they do don't show case real talent and they take minimal skills. They just look silly.

Kids should not have to worry about looks and make up. It's just disgusting, they already grow up too fast these days and these pageant moms who want to live out their own fantasies by forcing them to grow up even faster.
curious

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

well i like it because it is a natural pageant....no fake teeth, fake hair, make-up, etc.....
Texas Tech Girl

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

pageant mom wrote:
It's for fun... I have been familiar with the people that run this particular system (Nancy's daughter who is grown now used to compete in pageants when she was a little girl) and they are honest. There are no concerns I would have with this pageant.
AND to Texas Tech Girl... My daughter competes in pageants and they are VERY MUCH an achievement. She works VERY hard on learning her routines before we do a pageant AND just having the guts to get up there on that stage and perfeorm & do her best at something she LOVES to do makes me proud. I am sick & tired of judgemental people putting down something that they know nothing about..it's not all about looks (unless you are ugly...lmao)
I was just expressing my opinion as I stated earlier; I too, used to compete in pageants and I have the many trophies and tiara's to back it up,but i've seen first hand the effect it has on the girls, I've seen girls who don't want to do it cause they hate it, but it's the "stage" mother who wants them to do it. So trust me hun, I AM talking about something I know lots about.
From Blossom

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2009

Look how Nancy's daughter turned out, a thieving junkie! Nancy is raising her kids now. Say no to pageants!
pageant mom

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Judged:

You can not seriously think that pageants are responsible for her troubles! OMG what an IDIOT!! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
fun? in paris? 23 min Cracker uncle 8
People are not nice in Paris 39 min anon 25
Lancaster has the dirt on PEDC 1 hr Bob 98
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Defiant1 21,442
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Defiant1 17,078
Malone and the parade 2 hr Uncle Buck 171
smoke ban 6 hr Seeking 29
Food vendors at Ramseur Baptist Church 11 hr I am a Pseudonym 12
John WIley Price Arrested 11 hr what 8
Known Milfs in paris Fri Aaliyah Shakur 9
•••
•••

Paris News Video

•••
•••

Paris Jobs

•••