Booking a vacation
NeedToKnow

Clarksville, TX

#1 Jan 23, 2013
I am looking to book a vacation and was wondering which travel agency in town to use? I have never done this before and I have not heard anything good or bad about any of the agencies in town. I have NO CLUE where to start!! Any advice would be appreciated.
i know

Rockwall, TX

#3 Jan 23, 2013
NeedToKnow wrote:
I am looking to book a vacation and was wondering which travel agency in town to use? I have never done this before and I have not heard anything good or bad about any of the agencies in town. I have NO CLUE where to start!! Any advice would be appreciated.
BOYD TRAVEL:)
Huhhhh

Austin, TX

#4 Jan 23, 2013
I HIGHLY recommend you try booking something yourself through priceline or one of the websites....If You do choose to book through an agency I would recommend Travel Junkies......I will NOT go into details as to why but I would have to suggest that you stay away from Boyds. (I am not trying to start anything but just consider yourself warned).
Name

United States

#5 Jan 23, 2013
Huhhhh wrote:
I HIGHLY recommend you try booking something yourself through priceline or one of the websites....If You do choose to book through an agency I would recommend Travel Junkies......I will NOT go into details as to why but I would have to suggest that you stay away from Boyds.(I am not trying to start anything but just consider yourself warned).
We have used Boyd's several times. Been both pleased and irritated. However, the last irritation was "the straw".
I see

Paris, TX

#6 Jan 23, 2013
Huhhhh wrote:
I HIGHLY recommend you try booking something yourself through priceline or one of the websites....If You do choose to book through an agency I would recommend Travel Junkies......I will NOT go into details as to why but I would have to suggest that you stay away from Boyds.(I am not trying to start anything but just consider yourself warned).
I think the reason you HIGHLY recommended Travel Junkies and not Boyd's is because you are a former employee of Boyd's that has an agenda.
Huhhhh

Austin, TX

#7 Jan 24, 2013
I see wrote:
<quoted text> I think the reason you HIGHLY recommended Travel Junkies and not Boyd's is because you are a former employee of Boyd's that has an agenda.
Well hate to burst your bubble but you would be wrong........I have NEVER worked for a travel agency.........I have friends & family that have dealt/booked with both these companies........I am just relaying the feedback I was given. And again from that feedback I would recommend using someone besides Boyds....Again that is just my HONEST OPINION......Which I am entitled to! Thanks!
ok

Rockwall, TX

#8 Jan 24, 2013
Huhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>Well hate to burst your bubble but you would be wrong........I have NEVER worked for a travel agency.........I have friends & family that have dealt/booked with both these companies........I am just relaying the feedback I was given. And again from that feedback I would recommend using someone besides Boyds....Again that is just my HONEST OPINION......Which I am entitled to! Thanks!
Wow.
NeedToKnow

Clarksville, TX

#9 Jan 24, 2013
So are the only 2 options in town Boyds and Travel Junkies?
previous

Rockwall, TX

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Do it yourself online. You'll save a ton of money! Done that several times with no regrets.
NeedToKnow

Clarksville, TX

#11 Jan 24, 2013
I would love to do that myself but the reason I wanted a travel agency is so they can tell me things that I don't know. I am older and not real sure how to do anything like that online. I would hate to do it and it be all wrong. I'm just not quite that confident that I could do it all right. Thank you for the suggestion. It does go appreciated.
Huhhhh

Austin, TX

#12 Jan 24, 2013
NeedToKnow wrote:
So are the only 2 options in town Boyds and Travel Junkies?
Yes, those are the only 2 agencies left in this area......You may check surrounding areas like Sulphur Springs, Greenville, Sherman, Mt. Pleasent....
NeedToKnow

Clarksville, TX

#13 Jan 24, 2013
OK, I may have to go with an out of town place. I really would like to know why some are not too keen on that Boyds place. I don't want any place to be bashed so I hope no one takes it that way. I just would like to know the reasoning behind why they would not use that place. I called the Travel Junkies and no one answered so the only option left is Boyds but I'm a little scared now after reading these posts. If I have to I will try some places in Sulphur Springs.
Cajun

Paris, TX

#14 Jan 24, 2013
Where are you wanting to travel? Some people (hopefully not the idiots that sometimes post) have traveled to the destination where you want to travel.
Huhhhh

Austin, TX

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Cajun wrote:
Where are you wanting to travel? Some people (hopefully not the idiots that sometimes post) have traveled to the destination where you want to travel.
I was going to ask the same thing......You may try and google a travel forum of the destination you are wanting to go.....and get other peoples opinions of what they thought about it! I know there are some out there that would be helpful. I have family that uses priceline all the time and they get the BEST deals/prices!

I'm sorry, but I do not want to put it out there(specifics) as to why you shouldn't go with Boyds. I haven't been wrongly done by them but I can tell you I know of at least 4 different sets of people that have and had their vacations ruined or almost ruined.....I don't want to bash anyone!
As far as Travel Junkies, I haven't used them but I know 1 person that has and they had nothing but positive feedback. Not sure why they wouldn't answer or when they are in their office.
Hope that helps you some!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hunting Season 47 min We was Kangs 3
Businesses that give back and those who don't. 1 hr Good folks 10
Message from Oprah 1 hr Voting 11
Archie farmer 4 hr Eyes see it all 1
3 Babies testing positive for meth in a week!?!? 4 hr Grisham 38
Deport mayor 7 hr Older and Wiser 263
ER open Wendsdsy 8 hr very compitant 10
Needing advice 13 hr Grisham 10

Paris Jobs

More from around the web