Ann Romney's Arrogance
Searcherfinder

Paris, TX

#327 Aug 1, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
The people are the government, but Republicans are fast making government We the Corporations.
You blame all that on the Republicans and it's the Democrats who've been in charge for 5 years. In all the time that obuma has been in office, there hasn't been so much as a budget drawn up, least of all passed. Of course, obuma doesn't want a budget, it'd mess with his and muchel's excessive spending.

What corporations have the Republicans made the government of since it is the dems. who have the most power.

I know obuma has given massive power to the unions especially the service union that beat people and threatened others who didn't toe the line they drew. Of course, thuggery and mob tactics are what obuma is most familiar with to get his way, being groomed in Chicago and all with his worthless friends whose one desire is to get freedom away from the American people and make it an anarchy.

From the way you and others defend him, it must be your goal as well or you just can't see the forest for the trees.
Craig

Stockbridge, GA

#328 Aug 1, 2012
OldWhitey wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't. I was calling the topix entitled "Ann Romney's Arrogance" a topic about "nothing". It reminded me of Seinfield.
Everyone left the topix subject and went on to more pertinent matters like Medicare cuts, taxes, unemployment, deficits, and state of the economy.
You are correct. We should return to the topic of Ann Romney's arrogance. I believe she is vulgar. Remember her statement about "unzipping" Mitt? If Mrs. Obama had said anything similar "you people" would never shut up about it and would be burning crosses on the lawn of the White House.
Craig

Stockbridge, GA

#329 Aug 1, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for correcting that.
What is the name of the agency that provided the numbers for obamacare showing how little it would cost and how much it would lower taxes but after obamacare was passed they discovered they had figured wrong and it would be several trillion more than first estimated?
YOU tell us? Have no idea what you are talking about.
Searcherfinder

Paris, TX

#330 Aug 1, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly two-thirds of U.S. companies and 68% of foreign corporations do not pay federal income taxes, according to a congressional report.
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) examined samples of corporate tax returns filed between 1998 and 2005. In that time period, an annual average of 1.3 million U.S. companies and 39,000 foreign companies doing business in the United States paid no income taxes – despite having a combined $2.5 trillion in revenue. The number itself comes from a GAO report to Congress back in 2008.
How many of obuma's staff members and nominees hadn't paid their taxes when they were nominated for their jobs? Geithner of the Treasurey is one, and quite a few just bowed out of the process. And that you cannot blame President Bush for, that's all obuma's deal.
Searcherfinder

Paris, TX

#331 Aug 1, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Gee thanks, Searcher. I take that as a compliment.
You're very welcome. I always look forward to your posts. You're the smooth side to my rough one, I guess.
JMO
Searcherfinder

Paris, TX

#332 Aug 1, 2012
Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of giving money to the government, it turns out more than a few U.S. companies are actually making money off their income taxes.
In a recent report by the Citizens for Tax Justice (CTJ) and the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, 26 of 30 Fortune 500 companies examined had negative income tax rates on profits made in the U.S. between 2008 and 2011 (h/t Think Progress).
The findings may seem contradictory with recent news that the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate among developed nations at 39.2 percent. But due to loopholes in the tax code and federal tax subsidies, very few companies actually end up paying the full "statutory" rate.
As it stands now, the actual tax rate corporations pay, called the "effective" tax rate, is at 12.1 percent of profits, the lowest level it's been since 1972, Think Progress reports. Likewise, tax revenue as a percentage of gross domestic product is at lows not seen since the 1940s, according to CTJ.
Due to these tax breaks, companies such as General Electric, Boeing and Verizon made more money after taxes from 2008 to 2011 than they did before filing them, according to the report. The 30 companies in the report made almost $6.5 billion on their taxes over the same time period. Conversely, if they had paid a tax rate of just 35 percent during that time, they would have provided the federal government with $78.3 billion in corporate tax revenue.
And did this or did it not happen under obuma's watch? GE moved a large portion of their operations overseas even after obuma bowed to them on the tax issue.
Searcherfinder

Paris, TX

#333 Aug 1, 2012
romney2012 wrote:
tonights date night,Earth Wind and Fire will be preforming Sat. night at the white house
lets make it 21 lavish vacations, send two jets to Europe, Michelle needs a new dress and the dog trainer needs $100,000
Do you mean to tell me that Earth, Wind and Fire are still around? I thought they'd gone by the wayside long ago.
Searcherfinder

Paris, TX

#334 Aug 1, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!!! GAO is an accounting agency. You are once again confused!
This time you are confusing GAO with General Services Administration.
My dear, the GAO is the General Accounting Office. It was created to watch how the government money was being spent and looky here! The fox was guarding the hen house all this time.

You're the one who's confused, as usual,not Sunrise.
Elizabeth

Stockbridge, GA

#335 Aug 1, 2012
Searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, the GAO is the General Accounting Office. It was created to watch how the government money was being spent and looky here! The fox was guarding the hen house all this time.
Explain what confused me. I know that GAO is not GSA. What has GAO done to invite your ire? State facts -- not conjecture.
Craig

Stockbridge, GA

#336 Aug 1, 2012
Searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of obuma's staff members and nominees hadn't paid their taxes when they were nominated for their jobs? Geithner of the Treasurey is one, and quite a few just bowed out of the process. And that you cannot blame President Bush for, that's all obuma's deal.
State facts not Erumors. Get back on topic. This is supposed to be about Ann.
Craig

Stockbridge, GA

#337 Aug 1, 2012
Searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point? GAO IS an agency called General Accounting Office just as GSA is an agency called General Services Administration. Give specifics about your critique of GAO.
Searcherfinder

Paris, TX

#338 Aug 1, 2012
Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point? GAO IS an agency called General Accounting Office just as GSA is an agency called General Services Administration. Give specifics about your critique of GAO.
State facts not rumor. Get back to the topic of Ann.

Who do you think you are to tell anyone what to do about anything?
I've stated my opinion of Ann Romney, but for your pleasure, I'll do it again here.

I believe Ann Romney is a strong, smart lady. She's battled breast cancer and now she's facing MS and yes, Mr. Romney is at her side in all of it. Yet she never brings it up and asks for no pity. She owns some beautiful expensive horses, but that's her privelege. If I could, I'd probably have a few, but I have 3 dogs instead.
Mrs. Romney dresses like a lady in her position and does it without the taxpayers money, unlike the "hoochie momma" mochel.

Mr and Mrs. Romney have reared 5 sons who are all productive citizens and have no police record of any kind. They're all responsible adults and live accordingly.

obuma on the other hand, wants his daughters to be poster girls for abortion and any and all other so-called women's rights. Bet we'll be seeing more about those 2 in the future and it likely won't be for the better either. But you libbies don't care. Jimmy Carter's daughter, Amy, his only child, turned into a "rebel" and had a child out of wed-lock, but it hasn't been grist for your fodder,has it? Sarah Palin's daughter was hounded to the ground, though.

Mr. Romney has been an astute business man who has made money for himself and others by closing non-productive businesses and building up those that do produce. That's not an uncommon business practice either, by the way. We've had some businesses close here for the same reason.

You people can't get a toe hold on anything. Now obuma is wanting to pare our military down to having to use broom sticks and trash can lids for weapons. That's not gonna help him either. Of course, that may just be part of the "grand plan" of weakening this country so much, the Muslims can just walk in and take over.
Elizabeth

Stockbridge, GA

#339 Aug 1, 2012
Searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
State facts not rumor. Get back to the topic of Ann.
Who do you think you are to tell anyone what to do about anything?
I've stated my opinion of Ann Romney, but for your pleasure, I'll do it again here.
I believe Ann Romney is a strong, smart lady. She's battled breast cancer and now she's facing MS and yes, Mr. Romney is at her side in all of it. Yet she never brings it up and asks for no pity. She owns some beautiful expensive horses, but that's her privelege. If I could, I'd probably have a few, but I have 3 dogs instead.
Mrs. Romney dresses like a lady in her position and does it without the taxpayers money, unlike the "hoochie momma" mochel.
Mr and Mrs. Romney have reared 5 sons who are all productive citizens and have no police record of any kind. They're all responsible adults and live accordingly.
obuma on the other hand, wants his daughters to be poster girls for abortion and any and all other so-called women's rights. Bet we'll be seeing more about those 2 in the future and it likely won't be for the better either. But you libbies don't care. Jimmy Carter's daughter, Amy, his only child, turned into a "rebel" and had a child out of wed-lock, but it hasn't been grist for your fodder,has it? Sarah Palin's daughter was hounded to the ground, though.
Mr. Romney has been an astute business man who has made money for himself and others by closing non-productive businesses and building up those that do produce. That's not an uncommon business practice either, by the way. We've had some businesses close here for the same reason.
You people can't get a toe hold on anything. Now obuma is wanting to pare our military down to having to use broom sticks and trash can lids for weapons. That's not gonna help him either. Of course, that may just be part of the "grand plan" of weakening this country so much, the Muslims can just walk in and take over.
You sound like an ignorant racist and YOU are off topic. The topic is Arrogant Ann. Look for another site to rant about the First Lady.
Pssst

Grand Prairie, TX

#340 Aug 1, 2012
Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is supposed to be about Ann Romney, Remember?
Pssst

Grand Prairie, TX

#341 Aug 1, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain what confused me. I know that GAO is not GSA. What has GAO done to invite your ire? State facts -- not conjecture.
Didn't you just tell someone to stay on topic. You said it is supposed to be about Ann, Right?

Idiot.
Elizabeth

Stockbridge, GA

#342 Aug 1, 2012
Pssst wrote:
<quoted text>This thread is supposed to be about Ann Romney, Remember?
I agree! Let's talk about Ann Romney's High Horse. She rode/showed this poor drugged animal and then sold him.

Her horse, Super Hit, had Butorphanol, Delomidine, Romifidine, and Xylatine in its system at the time of his sale, according to court documents. Testified an expert:“In my 38 years of practice, I have never come across a drug screen such as this where the horse has been administered so many different medications at the same time.” If race horses are drugged the trainer gets a long suspension. Ann settled out of court for selling this lame animal for $125,000.
So the Rmoney's don't just mistreat dogs. Remember, Ann was the other adult on this trip when Mittens decided to strap the family dog on top of the car. Why did SHE not put a stop to it? What a terrible example to set for their children. Obviously, in Rmoney world it is okay to mistreat, dogs, horses, buyers, and your own children.
Elizabeth

Stockbridge, GA

#343 Aug 1, 2012
Pssst wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you just tell someone to stay on topic. You said it is supposed to be about Ann, Right?
Idiot.
Glad you used your name to sign off, Idiot.
patriot

Paris, TX

#344 Aug 1, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly two-thirds of U.S. companies and 68% of foreign corporations do not pay federal income taxes, according to a congressional report.
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) examined samples of corporate tax returns filed between 1998 and 2005. In that time period, an annual average of 1.3 million U.S. companies and 39,000 foreign companies doing business in the United States paid no income taxes – despite having a combined $2.5 trillion in revenue. The number itself comes from a GAO report to Congress back in 2008.
So do we have bad corporations or bad tax policy? We have corporations reporting billions in profits and yet pay no taxes so are these corporations cheating or are they obeying the tax laws?

You want to blame the corporations for a problem created by politicians. The problem lies not in corporate America but in Washington with dishonest(or stupid or both)politicians who have been influenced by lobbyists. Some politicians embrace some of the biggest corporations who make billions in profits and yet pay no taxs. Some of these politicians praise these no tax paying corporations as great American companies all the while they ship our jobs and technology over seas where they can make more profit. Some of these politicians not only pass laws that enable these highly profitable corporations not to pay taxes but some politicians just give away our hard earned tax dollars to the corporations of their choice at the expense of the American people.

So where is the main problem? In corporate America or in Washington?
Elizabeth

Stockbridge, GA

#345 Aug 1, 2012
patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
So do we have bad corporations or bad tax policy? We have corporations reporting billions in profits and yet pay no taxes so are these corporations cheating or are they obeying the tax laws?
You want to blame the corporations for a problem created by politicians. The problem lies not in corporate America but in Washington with dishonest(or stupid or both)politicians who have been influenced by lobbyists. Some politicians embrace some of the biggest corporations who make billions in profits and yet pay no taxs. Some of these politicians praise these no tax paying corporations as great American companies all the while they ship our jobs and technology over seas where they can make more profit. Some of these politicians not only pass laws that enable these highly profitable corporations not to pay taxes but some politicians just give away our hard earned tax dollars to the corporations of their choice at the expense of the American people.
So where is the main problem? In corporate America or in Washington?
My point exactly. BIG money runs not just Washington but the world. Everyone needs to become aware of the perks given to politicians from entertainment to LUCRATIVE jobs when the bums are finally voted out of office. Let's stay on topic though -- Ann Rmoney.
patriot

Paris, TX

#346 Aug 1, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly. BIG money runs not just Washington but the world. Everyone needs to become aware of the perks given to politicians from entertainment to LUCRATIVE jobs when the bums are finally voted out of office. Let's stay on topic though -- Ann Rmoney.
Big money has and will always buy influence from corrupt politicians. Politicians have made millions off insider trading that is illegal for the rest of us. The "bums" as you call them most definately need to be thrown out of office but we need to identify the who the bums are. We need to identify the politicians who just give away our tax dollars to corporations at the expense of American people. We need to identify the politicians who try to protect failed companies and then bail them out with our tax dollars. We need to identify the politicians who promote the corporations who make billions yet pay no taxes. We need to indenify the politicians who write bad policy and then use our tax dollars to bail out failed corporations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump 37 min White Fangs 9
News A rose by another name was Texarkana 54 min MeSo 1
Poll Do you think it is okay for a married man/woman... (May '12) 55 min Just saying 35
Take a Ride On the New Paris Metro Buses 1 hr MetroUser 5
Was God a Christian? 1 hr needforreality 833
Mother of the Month 1 hr Lol 108
Paris Regional Medical Center 1 hr onmyown 4
Reno meth 3 hr Angel 21

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages