Anybody hear about a shooting last night

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Nosey

Paris, TX

#1 Aug 17, 2008
Heard there was a shooting last night. Anybody know anything about it?
Texas Does Rock

United States

#2 Aug 17, 2008
Maybe you heard about the three shotgun blasts near the loop in the vacinity of Crosswire...????
It was someone shooting at skunks...there are about 5 very aggressive ones in the area. We were standing outside my back door and heard the gun cock and then the blast and it scared the crap out of us...then two more. We were about to call the police but then they came to our door and told us what was going on. I had seen one of the skunks in my yard too.
Nosey

Paris, TX

#3 Aug 17, 2008
Texas Does Rock wrote:
Maybe you heard about the three shotgun blasts near the loop in the vacinity of Crosswire...????
It was someone shooting at skunks...there are about 5 very aggressive ones in the area. We were standing outside my back door and heard the gun cock and then the blast and it scared the crap out of us...then two more. We were about to call the police but then they came to our door and told us what was going on. I had seen one of the skunks in my yard too.
I don't think it was the same shooting. I heard someone got killed.
Texas Does Rock

United States

#4 Aug 17, 2008
Nosey wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think it was the same shooting. I heard someone got killed.
So, did you hear anything at all about where in town or any other details at all?
Nosey

Paris, TX

#5 Aug 17, 2008
Texas Does Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
So, did you hear anything at all about where in town or any other details at all?
No, just overheard someone talking in wal-mart.
Update

Dallas, TX

#6 Aug 17, 2008
There was a shooting last night over in Choctaw County, Oklahoma. I think it was a Lamar County person who got killed. It was at one of those joints south of Hugo, between the Red River and Hugo.
Nosey

Paris, TX

#7 Aug 17, 2008
Update wrote:
There was a shooting last night over in Choctaw County, Oklahoma. I think it was a Lamar County person who got killed. It was at one of those joints south of Hugo, between the Red River and Hugo.
Do you know who it was?
WHAT

Paris, TX

#8 Aug 17, 2008
Nosey wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know who it was?
Yes someone did get shot and they did die! His name was Jarvis Macarty (Not sure on the correct spelling)Lived with the white lady Malinda! It happened at the club across the river! He was shot in the back of the head and the back! Ems got there to late! He lived on the inside of the loop in Hayden Swain Add. Very sad! They caught the shooter! He use to work at Furrs! He was a nice guy, and tried to be a good father as well! So sad, he was tring to just have a good time, and now he will never go back home! Something DEEP to think about!
Whatever

Irving, TX

#9 Aug 17, 2008
Prayers to his family...
Cooper Citizen

Powderly, TX

#10 Aug 18, 2008
His name was Jarvis McCarty. He played basketball and football at Cooper High. Our family knew him pretty well, poor kid got into stuff he didn't need to be in. Unfortunately he suffered the consequences for his actions. He will be missed. RIP Jab Hoodie!!
WHAT

Paris, TX

#11 Aug 18, 2008
Cooper Citizen wrote:
His name was Jarvis McCarty. He played basketball and football at Cooper High. Our family knew him pretty well, poor kid got into stuff he didn't need to be in. Unfortunately he suffered the consequences for his actions. He will be missed. RIP Jab Hoodie!!
You really didnt know him that well did you! He was not the target! Just caught in the line of fire!
Cooper Citizen

Powderly, TX

#12 Aug 18, 2008
he may not have been the target but the last i heard from him and about him, he was into the wrong kinda stuff. sucks that he was at the wrong place and the wrong time.
REDDUKE

Humble, TX

#13 Aug 18, 2008
first of all to whoever this cooper citizen is u dont go by hear say thats whats wrong with cooper now people saying stuff when they really dont know whats goin on and to say he was in stuff he didnt need to be in thats a lie jab was a good person he didnt go around looking for trouble or going around tryin to look for trouble he was a hard working man and caring dad just like the rest of us so u can keep yo lil negative comment to yourself cause i think there need to be a little more support from us cooper folks!!!!!!!!
mickeyman

Palestine, TX

#14 Aug 19, 2008
CHOCTAW COUNTY, Okla.-- A Paris man is dead from a shooting at a Choctaw County nightclub. Sheriff's officials say it happened early Sunday morning at the Ebony Night Club on U.S. 271 and Old Grant Highway.

An Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokesperson says two groups of people started arguing inside the club. The fight moved outside, where someone started shooting.

Jarvis McCarty, 20, was shot in the back as he tried to go back inside. He died from his injuries.

Officials say they are following some good leads on suspects. No arrests have been made thus far.
anon

Paris, TX

#15 Aug 19, 2008
If he was trying to be a good father he would not have been at a club, he would have been with his kids. Too busy thinking about having a good time thinking of himself, and look what that got him. Now his children have no father that is what so sad. LEAVE the Cooper PERSON alone small town people pretty well know what they are talking about..
paris

Paris, TX

#16 Aug 19, 2008
anon wrote:
If he was trying to be a good father he would not have been at a club, he would have been with his kids. Too busy thinking about having a good time thinking of himself, and look what that got him. Now his children have no father that is what so sad. LEAVE the Cooper PERSON alone small town people pretty well know what they are talking about..
you heartless bastard,,just because he was at a bar dont make him a bad person or father.
I agree

Paris, TX

#17 Aug 19, 2008
I agree with Paris,you can't say he was bad for that.Do you have fids?If so you spend alot of time on Topix and not with them.
Lafreceia

Lone Oak, TX

#18 Aug 19, 2008
anon wrote:
Anon for your information he had just had a good time with his child. I'm talking all day. He just wanted to have some free time for his self.Just because he went there doesn't mean he is not beening a father.Things happen something can happen to you right where your at do that make you a good or bad person hell no. Baby get it together before that tongue of yours get to going.Last but not least small town cooper people don't know shit just think they do!!!!!
yep

Paris, TX

#19 Aug 19, 2008
it's a sad situation but something that could have been avoided. probably shouldn't have been in the parking lot of a club arguing with people in the "early morning hours" but i'm sure we all have things in our life we would change just lucky for us they didn't all end in death.
My prayers go out to his family!
parismom

Paris, TX

#20 Aug 19, 2008
paris wrote:
<quoted text>you heartless bastard,,just because he was at a bar dont make him a bad person or father.
Your the ***hole!!!!! You must be a party going person....You need to know that you want get into HEAVEN acting like that......live life without going to the bars and drinking!!!!! I'm for what the anon says about being a father to his kids because my husband doesn't go out and party with friends (his a real father).....grow up people!!!! paris mon knows best about this situation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make a Sentence Out Of a 5-Letter Word (Aug '10) 39 min Trouser Cough 3,100
Whew.. a more difficult word game... (Sep '09) 42 min Trouser Cough 7,477
4-Word Game (Oct '09) 44 min Trouser Cough 5,464
PEDC Interim Manager 2 hr A Better Paris 28
Downtown parking in Paris 2 hr Just looking 53
Review: Connot Lisa A Hair Stylist 6 hr Be careful 2
empty KFC bldg. 17 hr Splatter 11
How much does anytime fitness cost per month?? (Oct '10) Thu no love loss 367
More from around the web

Personal Finance