Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

All the heros for people in Lamar County are dead. They have to be white and join the military and then get killed and thats how they become heros. Maybe thats why you all are so fugged up.

“Politics are corrupt”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
All the heros for people in Lamar County are dead. They have to be white and join the military and then get killed and thats how they become heros. Maybe thats why you all are so fugged up.
azz-hole

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

I wonder, does this have anything to do with the Sgt Jay M. Hoskins memorial highway naming? FWIW if a black soldier from Paris were killed I would be welcoming his body home the same manner I did for Sgt Hoskins.
Connie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
At least Jay didn't die because he was so drunk he got himself runover by his own friends!!!!!!
Jim Crow

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

DazzleDat wrote:
I wonder, does this have anything to do with the Sgt Jay M. Hoskins memorial highway naming? FWIW if a black soldier from Paris were killed I would be welcoming his body home the same manner I did for Sgt Hoskins.
No it's not about any highway. Hadn't heard about that but it would add to my point. Didn't he do anything to deserve a highway before he died? Are you claiming only white soldiers from Paris have gotten killed? Thats amazing that through 100s of years of wars, black people never got killed. Amazing.
idiot

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
You will never be a hero to anyone, dead or alive. All you will ever be is a stupid, racist loser who lives off the government.
Jim Crow

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Connie wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Jay didn't die because he was so drunk he got himself runover by his own friends!!!!!!
Yeah, shame on Brandon McClelland to force his friends to run over him like that. Had he been killed fighting strangers who hadn't done anything to him, he'd be laying in the cemetary a hero like the Confederate soldiers.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not about any highway. Hadn't heard about that but it would add to my point. Didn't he do anything to deserve a highway before he died? Are you claiming only white soldiers from Paris have gotten killed? Thats amazing that through 100s of years of wars, black people never got killed. Amazing.
No I'm not claiming that only white soldiers from Paris were killed. You just puled that one out your butt.

I haven't heard of a black soldier from Paris being killed and his body returned for burial either. Perhaps that has happened but I have not heard about it. If it were to happen in the future and arrangements made similar to what was done for Sgt Hoskins then yes I would participate in the welcoming home. Unlike you, to me the soldier's skin color does not matter, they serve our country and are all "heroes". If they die serving our country and the family gives permission they all deserve a homecoming like Sgt Hoskins got.
mr smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

jim blackwell wants all white people to be heros. the blacks want racism to live on because they can make money from it. look at jesse and al. they write to a company and say send me a contribution or you will be called racist. stupid whites think thats the worst thing so they send the money. now it happening here with this diversity issue.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You will never be a hero to anyone, dead or alive. All you will ever be is a stupid, racist loser who lives off the government.
It's times like this that we need a OH HELL YEAH judge it icon.
Jim Crow

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not claiming that only white soldiers from Paris were killed. You just puled that one out your butt.
I haven't heard of a black soldier from Paris being killed and his body returned for burial either. Perhaps that has happened but I have not heard about it. If it were to happen in the future and arrangements made similar to what was done for Sgt Hoskins then yes I would participate in the welcoming home. Unlike you, to me the soldier's skin color does not matter, they serve our country and are all "heroes". If they die serving our country and the family gives permission they all deserve a homecoming like Sgt Hoskins got.
You have your opinion and I have mine. My opinion is dying doesn't make a person a hero no matter what race they are. Why do they get a "homecoming" only if they die? Didn't they "serve" the country if they managed to come home alive?
Connie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, shame on Brandon McClelland to force his friends to run over him like that. Had he been killed fighting strangers who hadn't done anything to him, he'd be laying in the cemetary a hero like the Confederate soldiers.
Jay died so that idiots like you have freedom of speech. If Brandon had died the same way he would get the same honor, but you can't see anything but skin color and that's why you are so f'd up
Aolain

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Interesting conversation.

I will give this to Jim Crow...in his (or her) own jarring way, JC is making a commentary about how we view soldiers.

I suggest folks read Kipling's poem "Tommy" to get a feel for what (I think) JC is commenting on.

And I think Kipling hit the nail right on the head then, and I think it still stands as a valid observation.
Jim Crow

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

mr smith wrote:
jim blackwell wants all white people to be heros. the blacks want racism to live on because they can make money from it. look at jesse and al. they write to a company and say send me a contribution or you will be called racist. stupid whites think thats the worst thing so they send the money. now it happening here with this diversity issue.
Its the whites claiming they need diversity classes. Black people don't have to be trained not to be racist.
Jim Crow

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go join the army and be shipped back a hero?
Not a nobama Fan

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
We wish YOU were a hero!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your opinion and I have mine. My opinion is dying doesn't make a person a hero no matter what race they are. Why do they get a "homecoming" only if they die? Didn't they "serve" the country if they managed to come home alive?
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I think any soldier is a hero simply because they served. I think the police, fire and other first responders are heroes. They collectively put their lives on the line on a daily basis for us in one way or another. Sure there are those that are bad apples and think they are above the law because they wear a uniform/badge, but you don't throw out the baby with the bath water. They are all heroes - living or dead.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the whites claiming they need diversity classes. Black people don't have to be trained not to be racist.
That is really a joke coming from you. You are just as racist as you claim all whites are.

This is a time we need a hello pot meet kettle judging icon.
Jim Crow

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Connie wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay died so that idiots like you have freedom of speech. If Brandon had died the same way he would get the same honor, but you can't see anything but skin color and that's why you are so f'd up
In that case, somebody lied to him. Somebody should have told him that I was speaking freely long before he joined the military. Bush claimed he sent him over there to find weapons of mass destruction. The dead don't see or feel. Giving one dead man a parade and attacking the other doesnt make any difference to either of them. They're both in the same shape, one no better than the other.
Jim Crow

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I think any soldier is a hero simply because they served. I think the police, fire and other first responders are heroes. They collectively put their lives on the line on a daily basis for us in one way or another. Sure there are those that are bad apples and think they are above the law because they wear a uniform/badge, but you don't throw out the baby with the bath water. They are all heroes - living or dead.
If simply wearing a badge makes them a hero, the bad apples are heros too. I don't agree that having a certain job makes a person a hero. I have higher standards than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Interracial dating with teens. How to prevent it. (Feb '09) 3 min Bleeds red 227
Malone and the parade 14 min Bob 150
Word Association? Part II (Apr '09) 16 min whatimeisit 4,834
Lancaster has the dirt on PEDC 20 min Need2no 61
Word association? (Sep '08) 28 min whatimeisit 28,180
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 32 min whatimeisit 6,286
Using GoFundMe, SHAME ON YOU! 1 hr What 11
Known Milfs in paris 3 hr newbie 5
•••
•••

Paris News Video

•••
•••