why don't whites in paris participate in juneteenth parade?

Posted in the Paris Forum

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 140 of213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Out and About

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Judged:

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL!!! Black man huh? It never fails. If you were really black, you wouldn't feel a need to announce your race. If you were ANYBODY who felt race doesn't matter, you wouldn't feel a need to announce your race. You're like the 70th white person to pretend to be black. If you were a black man, you wouldn't put down your black mother and grandmother AND yourself by attempting to attack black peoples hair.
I would never put down my mother and grandmother since they were the ones who raised me, but all they taught me in my life- they would be ashamed to cast their lot in with yours, don't say your speaking for all black people because you don't speak for me or my family, you grip about those old fights because you still live in the days of the cotton sack - if you would get a life outside of race war and civil unrest you would see we have come a long way from those days. You can say what you want about me, but I am black I work at a college and not sweeping floors I have asked for anything I wasn't owed and I never got anything I didn't work for, which is more than I bet you can say
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Judged:

SaltyBobCatPretzel wrote:
<quoted text>NO your are WRONG CIBIL, the people that talk bad about another race and make fun of the way they look, act are talking about themselves. Show me a pure race and I'll eat your hat! Marva is a wonderful person and can "See Through the Glass Firstly"...I know you can't!!!!!
Marva talks bad about black people. What is it about her you find so wonderful?
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Judged:

Marva Joe wrote:
Cibil I could care less what White people think. This is a free country and just like you they can think whatever they want.
LOLOL!! Marva, your actions in the news speak louder than your words on Topix. Yes this IS a free country and people can think and say whatever they want....so why are you always getting in the newspapers COMPLAINING about what black people are saying about racism in PISD and Paris?????
mother23

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Have you ever invited the High School Bands to play in those parades?
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you are saying that the local high school bands are only for WHITE independance day only huh. And you believe celebrating a day proclaiming freedom for all people which was created when black people were slaves is a historical event but a celebration of when slaves were freed is not a historical event. Juneteenth is a celebration of freedom. There are black studnts in the local high school bands. Do they not matter? I know of any black people who celebrate St Patricks day which by th way is NOT a historical event.
Wondering

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you are saying that the local high school bands are only for WHITE independance day only huh. And you believe celebrating a day proclaiming freedom for all people which was created when black people were slaves is a historical event but a celebration of when slaves were freed is not a historical event. Juneteenth is a celebration of freedom. There are black studnts in the local high school bands. Do they not matter? I know of any black people who celebrate St Patricks day which by th way is NOT a historical event.
Did you invite them?
Wondering

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Judged:

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you hang on to my every post. I will not "get over it" until the truth...THE WHOLE TRUTH...is exposed. That lie has been perpertrated far too long.
What were Shanquandaneque's (or however you spell her name) injuries? We would all love to see those records. How can we get access to them? If all of Shan.....'s records could become open records and we could see for ourselves that will clear the air and we will believe the records.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

mother23 wrote:
Have you ever invited the High School Bands to play in those parades?
<quoted text>
I never invited them but I do know they were asked by the NAACP to play on several occasions.
Marva Joe

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Judged:

Cibil what I have said about African-Americans in Paris is that we can do better.
shanequa monika

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What were Shanquandaneque's (or however you spell her name) injuries? We would all love to see those records. How can we get access to them? If all of Shan.....'s records could become open records and we could see for ourselves that will clear the air and we will believe the records.
She stabbed hairsef wif that pouncil she be holdin when she tripped over hair big ol feets umm hmmm that's right
Russ T Cobb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Judged:

My black friends know they can invite me to any holiday BBQ and I'll be there, bring some goodies of my own and have a great time! Juneteenth or whatever day is always good for a get-together with friends. I've been to Native American pow-wows, Octoberfests and most anything else my friends are kind enough to invite me to. Law-abiding, productive citizens of any color are always welome at my place.
mother23

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2009

And what answer did they get whent eh NAACP get when they asked?
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
I never invited them but I do know they were asked by the NAACP to play on several occasions.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Marva Joe wrote:
Cibil what I have said about African-Americans in Paris is that we can do better.
Everybody can do better, including you and me. White people can do better. Doing better has no race. But you ATTACK black people. And the only time you do it is when there have been complaints of racism from black people against white people. You ATTACK black children rather than try to help them. You KNOW they're treated differently at school. Deep down you KNOW it. You KNOW black people are treated differently than white people in the criminal justice system. Now you can either ignore it and continue attacking black people when they complain about it or you can look at the problem and help come up with some solutions. Stop pretending racism has ended. What year did it end for you? What year was it that Paris Texas became racism free? Drug problems and parenting problems are a whole separate issue from racism. You can be a good parent and completely drug free and still have your civil rights violated just because you're black. You KNOW that.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

mother23 wrote:
And what answer did they get whent eh NAACP get when they asked?
<quoted text>
Have you ever seem them dressed out and marching in either the MLK or Juneteenth parade...EVER? Thats their answer.
disgusting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

The last MLK or Juneteenth parade I even saw was disgusting. Their was no pride or honor in what I saw anyone doing. Everyone was hanging out of their cars with all the doors hanging open swerving into both lanes in sync with each other. Every car on the street was vibrating along with my ears because of everyone's stereos. It was horrible! It was just a display of unintelligence. I bet MLK probably would've thrown up if he had seen this.

“Another Texan”

Since: Apr 09

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug problems and parenting problems are a whole separate issue from racism. You can be a good parent and completely drug free and still have your civil rights violated just because you're black. You KNOW that.
Cibil that is where you are so very wrong! Parenting is almost always the problem! Show me a bad parent and I'll show you a bad kid. Show mw a parent that is not involved in the childs life and school and I'll show you a child that is in trouble ALOT!! You stick your head in the sand and blame the white people if you want but that statement you made makes you look really stupid!
Wrong

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seem them dressed out and marching in either the MLK or Juneteenth parade...EVER? Thats their answer.
The Paris HS drumline has performed at 4 of the last 5 MLK parades.
Anon

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Cibil will not admit that problems caused out of the home are just results of what didn't happen in the home, bad people parent bad children - you can bet that any of the sorry ass kids running the streets had sorry ass parents, and she can scream all she wants but I know my kids wouldn't be pushing anyone or cussing anyone out at school - therefore I don't have to worry about my kids landing in TYC for anything they did at school becaused I raised them to respect the people at the school house just as they respect me at home
Marva Joe

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Cibil you don't have a clue what I do. If people like you would help African-American kids there would be no problems. Stop complaining.
Marva Joe

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Cibil when was the last time you went to a school? Parents are the ones responsible for their children. African-American kids are not treated different. I know you don't believe it. Why don't you open your narrow mind and go visit a school for a week.
white guy in paris

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

why dont we have a parade for the day kennedy was shot??????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

154 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 18 min Pale wild wood flower 20,361
New Name Game (May '10) 21 min 40ish 1,903
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 21 min How far 16,032
car flipped? 29 min Wow 13
District 1 CIty Council Race 30 min Anonymous 37
smoking ban escape 46 min Ray 42
Is Hashmi withholding anonymous letter to council? 50 min LOL 44
Wreck by the dam at Pat Mayse 1 hr willis 135
Troy Gray Jr. 6 hr Daddys girl 43
Stop the madness before more end up dead Wed yolo 68
•••
•••

Paris News Video

•••
•••