Can anyone recommend a GOOD family dr...
canine counter

Yantis, TX

#22 Apr 23, 2008
newcomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do so many doctors and dentists in Paris NOT accept medicaid?
medicaid does not reimburse the provider "anything" for the services that is given. their pay schedule does not cover the supplies that it takes to do a filling on a child. i work for a really generous dentist and it medicaid paid for at least the supplies he would accept it - but he is just the rest of us and had to make money. the closest medicaid dentist is mt pleasant.
Mai Tu Scents

Bossier City, LA

#23 Apr 23, 2008
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound a little bitter. Do you know how much overhead a physician has in keeping an office open so that they may see patients? Do you know that most of our area MDs take Medicare and other insurance that tells them how much they will pay and have to accept that or not see the patient? Do you think they MDs should treat everybody and not make any money at all? Maybe in the olden days, but now everybody has bills to pay and has to do whatever is necessary to meet them. Surely you don't begrudge a person making money?
I would be a little bitter as you call it too if I was having his problem. Not all of us are fortunate to have great ins. or the means to pay out of pocket. Yes there are some resources available and hopefully they will find it. I do believe the pediatricians at PCA take medicaid though.
dentist hunter

Venus, TX

#24 Apr 23, 2008
A dentist in Greenville also takes Medicaid.
hospital nurse

Paris, TX

#25 Apr 23, 2008
asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they need more volunteers to help? I know Dr. Leddy used to be there and probably still is. What other Drs participate and please give more info on how they see pts and hrs, etc. thanks
Oh my goodness...yes... they always need volunteers. Some get there as early as 0600 to "convert" Faith Presby Church into a clinic. There are people that volunteer with all functions from helping with paperwork, to vitals, h&P's...to running the filled rx's to the patients. The patients are seen on first come first serve basis. They sign in, triage, see a doctor or FNP. If meds are prescribed, they are filled there (for free) and sent on their way. If the clinic does not stock the med the doc tries to find a $4 rx on the walmart list. If all els fails, AGAPE will pay for the script.

I know Dr Strom, Dr. Surber, Amanda Green- I know there are several others but there are a few. I have been truly blessed each time I have volunteered there simply by "giving back"...
Go To Cooper

Paris, TX

#26 Apr 24, 2008
Cooper Clinic is your best bet. Its worth the 20 minute drive for excellent care.
parisgirl

Pittsburgh, PA

#27 Apr 25, 2008
There are many good Docs in this town. But I have to say the P.A. & N.P. are VERY good here. Laura Janes, Kendra Procter, Brandi Chadwick, Brandy Preston, Donna Womack. There are many more. I like them b/c they take the time to listen to your problems & help fix them. Not just give you Lortab & get you hooked on it then just keep giving it to you.
ParisLocal

Redmond, WA

#28 Apr 25, 2008
You just gotta miss Dr. Gilmore.
NLHS09

Dallas, TX

#29 May 8, 2008
I recommend Dr. Linda Ball at PCA or Dr. Tom Cutrell at PCA. They're both excellent family doctors.
RRC

Ralls, TX

#30 May 8, 2008
NLHS09 wrote:
I recommend Dr. Linda Ball at PCA or Dr. Tom Cutrell at PCA. They're both excellent family doctors.
Dr. Cutrell is a pediatrician (VERY good one), big difference between pedis and family doctors.
I live here

Dallas, TX

#31 May 8, 2008
Dr. Ball at PCA is good and kind
Blogger

Lewisville, TX

#32 May 8, 2008
ParisLocal wrote:
You just gotta miss Dr. Gilmore.
Who ?
reallynow

Paris, TX

#33 May 18, 2008
nursemom wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "family doctor", but if you have children under the age of 18, please take them to a PEDIATRICIAN. We have several excellent ones. Many of our general MDs will treat children, but children really need the expertise of a physician whose specialty is child health---they are not just little adults!! Hope this advice helps!!
I agree that children need a special doctor just for them, but when the only ones in Paris shouldn't even be treating animals, I say go to a family doctor like we do and for specialized problems problems go to Dallas or Tyler like we do. It's worth the trip!!!
reallynow

Paris, TX

#34 May 18, 2008
NOT Paris Health Services wrote:
Do NOT go to Paris Health Services on 17th street (off MLK). They are a front for Planned Parenthood abortion clinics.
they DON'T do abortions and I had a friend that was pregnant and it wasn't planned and it wasn't the most ideal time in life, but they were very supportive about giving her information about different places that could help her with the different needs of a pregnant woman and new mother. abortion was NEVER mentioned!!!!!!!!!
reallynow

Paris, TX

#35 May 18, 2008
besides...when exactly did the women's clinic on 17th come into the discussion of finding a family doctor? I go there AND have a family doctor!!!
reallynow

Paris, TX

#36 May 18, 2008
parisgirl wrote:
There are many good Docs in this town. But I have to say the P.A. & N.P. are VERY good here. Laura Janes, Kendra Procter, Brandi Chadwick, Brandy Preston, Donna Womack. There are many more. I like them b/c they take the time to listen to your problems & help fix them. Not just give you Lortab & get you hooked on it then just keep giving it to you.
I have to completely agree with this post. I don't know Brandi Chadwick and don't have any experience with Laura Janes, but I know first hand that Kendra Proctor, Brandy Preston and Donna Womack are all EXCELLENT "doctors". I personally don't care that they don't have their MD because they do a MUCH better job than most of the doctors around here. As for the pediatrictian thing...BOTH of my daughters who are 10 and under go to Kendra and I wouldn't change that for the world. She does a better job than anyone! Donna's my second choice and then Brandy Preston and they're in the same office so that's pretty much a tie!
Kimberly

Flint, TX

#37 May 18, 2008
My whole family goes to the Womack/Preston clinic. Brandy Preston is wonderful...takes her time, is thorough, very nice.
Hmmm

United States

#38 May 18, 2008
reallynow wrote:
<quoted text>
they DON'T do abortions and I had a friend that was pregnant and it wasn't planned and it wasn't the most ideal time in life, but they were very supportive about giving her information about different places that could help her with the different needs of a pregnant woman and new mother. abortion was NEVER mentioned!!!!!!!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any abortion clinics in Paris???
okokok

Grandview, TX

#39 May 18, 2008
Kendra Proctor is very good, but doesn't take our insurance. So everybody in our family just goes to Dr. Salas office. It is very convenient for our family, friendly staff, super clean offices and great doctors. My first choice is Kendra tho.
anonymous

Paris, TX

#40 May 19, 2008
just reading this post and would like more information about volunteering at the free clinic if anyone knows how to "sign on." as for medical providers, i agree that brandy preston is excellent, as are several other NPs mentioned that i am familiar with. as for pediatric care, i accidently discovered dr.scott at pca about two years ago, and my two sons now see only him he is the BEST. very thorough, very respectful to mom and two preadolescent brothers, one who has several chronic illnesses. if you ever try him, you will want him as your child's primary provider. i am trying to figure out how to get him to change practices when my children turn 18 and can no longer see him.
Reno Citizen

Paris, TX

#41 May 20, 2008
Dr. Leddy at PCA has been great as my personal doctor. Dr. Cutrell and Dr. Charbeneau I know on a personal basis and are both great people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pedc budget ??? 1 hr JENNY 4
Trump Surges in the Polls 3 hr lol 13
Remember these things about Paris? (Feb '11) 3 hr texantimm 428
Downtown parking in Paris 5 hr Think about it 45
Paris streets 8 hr Granny Crankypants 7
Reno New Bussiness 10 hr I Love Paris 18
The Donald Trump Effect 10 hr Goober 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages