First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MIss Priss

Paris, TX

#1 Nov 2, 2008
Why is it Crosswire will let a minor run around and get drunk when it is against the law??? I went to school with a someone who is employeed there and she gets to drink but people like me cant or we get barred. They serve her and she walks around with it in her hands and everyone knows that she is underage. She thinks shes the shit I guess because she is loud and proud of it. How is this fair and why should we obide by the rules if she doesnt
been there

Paris, TX

#2 Nov 2, 2008
because a night in jail aint any fun.i was arrested for m.i.p. when i was younger,wasnt even drinking it at the time,just had it with me,got to spend the night i jail,and the girl youre talking about will get caught,and will be punished,then she will get her "fair"dealt to her.

Since: Oct 08

Hugo, OK

#3 Nov 2, 2008
I don't know the situation but when I was underage, not to long ago. I was able to drink as long as I went with my mom.
HeR tImE wIlL cOmE

Paris, TX

#4 Nov 2, 2008
MIss Priss wrote:
Why is it Crosswire will let a minor run around and get drunk when it is against the law??? I went to school with a someone who is employeed there and she gets to drink but people like me cant or we get barred. They serve her and she walks around with it in her hands and everyone knows that she is underage. She thinks shes the shit I guess because she is loud and proud of it. How is this fair and why should we obide by the rules if she doesnt
Its only a matter of time,and this girl will get caught..Harry will not put up with this, This is the law and if she is drinking as you stated the law will catch her.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 2, 2008
Just calm down.....when you get older you will see that there was no big deal. It is sad that SHE feels that she is a bigshot by being able to walk around with booze when no one else her age can. It is soooo not a big deal. You want to drink? Go drink. Just don't get mad by not being able to do it in public where the owner of a business can get into deep trouble and lose a liquor license. It is NOT worth it to the owner even if she paid him $10,000.00 He would rather be able to open his doors the next weekend and make another small fortune. He is not trying to do her a favor. Actually, she is just showing her immaturity. Laugh at her, and go on. You will be old enough soon enough. If you could only peek into your future.......don't wish your life away. Enjoy it.

P.S. Not sure of the laws in Texas but, I thought a parent could give alcohol to their child too. However, most all places will kick you out for it. They don't want to take a chance on LOSING THEIR LIQUOR LICENSE!
HeR tImE wIlL cOmE

Paris, TX

#6 Nov 2, 2008
Woobies wrote:
Just calm down.....when you get older you will see that there was no big deal. It is sad that SHE feels that she is a bigshot by being able to walk around with booze when no one else her age can. It is soooo not a big deal. You want to drink? Go drink. Just don't get mad by not being able to do it in public where the owner of a business can get into deep trouble and lose a liquor license. It is NOT worth it to the owner even if she paid him $10,000.00 He would rather be able to open his doors the next weekend and make another small fortune. He is not trying to do her a favor. Actually, she is just showing her immaturity. Laugh at her, and go on. You will be old enough soon enough. If you could only peek into your future.......don't wish your life away. Enjoy it.
P.S. Not sure of the laws in Texas but, I thought a parent could give alcohol to their child too. However, most all places will kick you out for it. They don't want to take a chance on LOSING THEIR LIQUOR LICENSE!
Very well spoken..
Obvious

Paris, TX

#7 Nov 3, 2008
escape paris wrote:
I don't know the situation but when I was underage, not to long ago. I was able to drink as long as I went with my mom.
This explains a lot of your problems!
TABC

Paris, TX

#8 Nov 3, 2008
The Legal Limit. The legal limit for intoxication in Texas is .08 blood alcohol concentration (BAC). However, drivers can be stopped and cited for impaired driving due to alcohol or other drugs regardless of BAC. Texas also has a zero tolerance law. For anyone under 21, it is illegal to drive with any detectable amount of alcohol.

How Much is Too Much? Impairment begins with the first drink. Gender, body weight, the number of drinks consumed and the amount of food in oneís stomach affect the bodyís ability to handle alcohol. Women, younger people and smaller people, whether male or female, often have lower tolerances.

What Happens If You're Stopped. If a law enforcement officer asks you to take a blood or breath test to measure how much alcohol is in your system, you should comply. If you refuse, you are subject to an automatic 180-day driverís license suspension. Punishment for DWI varies depending on the number of times you've been convicted.

First Offense:

up to a $2,000 fine
72 hours to 180 days in jail
driverís license suspension: 90 days to 1 year
Second Offense:

up to a $4,000 fine
30 days to 1 year in jail
driverís license suspension: 180 days to 2 years
Third Offense:

up to a $10,000 fine
2 to 10 years in penitentiary
driverís license suspension: 180 days to 2 years

Underage Drinking
If youíre under 21, hereís what happens the first time you are found in possession of alcohol.
Any amount of beer, wine or liquor will trigger the penalties.
30-day driverís license suspension
up to a $500 fine
8 to 12 hours of community service
mandatory attendance in alcohol-awareness classes
A second or third offense can lead to suspension of your driverís license for 90 to 180 days. If youíre 17 or older, you also can be fined as much as $2,000 and go to jail for up to 180 days for a third offense.

If youíre under 21, hereís what happens the first time you are stopped for drinking and driving.

60-day driverís license suspension
up to a $500 fine
20 to 40 hours of community service
mandatory attendance in alcohol-awareness classes

Get caught drinking and driving a second or third time, and the penalties increase, including suspension of your driverís license for up to 180 days. Thatís called zero tolerance. It means ďzeroĒ alcohol. And thatís the law in Texas.

If youíre 17 and over, hereís what happens if youíre stopped for drinking and driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or greater.
Some people, particularly teenagers, can reach a .08 BAC with two or three beers an hour.

up to a $2,000 fine
72 hours to 180 days in jail
driverís license suspension of 90 days to one year

“Enjoy Life, Be Happy!”

Since: Aug 08

Clarksville, TX

#9 Nov 3, 2008
MIss Priss wrote:
Why is it Crosswire will let a minor run around and get drunk when it is against the law??? I went to school with a someone who is employeed there and she gets to drink but people like me cant or we get barred. They serve her and she walks around with it in her hands and everyone knows that she is underage. She thinks shes the shit I guess because she is loud and proud of it. How is this fair and why should we obide by the rules if she doesnt
I think it's bullshit. Minors should not be allowed into clubs if they are not old enough. But when it comes down to it the parents should pay more attention to where their children go. My Minor child would not be there. If I was you I would go in the club and if I saw her call the laws. Crosswire should get into trouble for promoting child drinking. What ashame!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 3, 2008
simply - me wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's bullshit. Minors should not be allowed into clubs if they are not old enough. But when it comes down to it the parents should pay more attention to where their children go. My Minor child would not be there. If I was you I would go in the club and if I saw her call the laws. Crosswire should get into trouble for promoting child drinking. What ashame!!
An 18 or 19 or 20 year old is not a minor.....they are just underage.

“Enjoy Life, Be Happy!”

Since: Aug 08

Clarksville, TX

#11 Nov 3, 2008
Woobies wrote:
<quoted text>An 18 or 19 or 20 year old is not a minor.....they are just underage.
They are still not old enough to get in a club and drink. If her parents are their then whatever, I feel sorry for them both because a parent should not incourage that behavior. But without a parent it is illegal, plan and simple.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Nov 3, 2008
simply - me wrote:
<quoted text>
They are still not old enough to get in a club and drink. If her parents are their then whatever, I feel sorry for them both because a parent should not incourage that behavior. But without a parent it is illegal, plan and simple.
Oh, I agree totally. I know you have not been around long enough to see the old thread but, I went into that in detail there. I don't believe a person under 21 should be allowed in a club where there is drinking. They are easily influenced yadda yaddda yadda. So, I agree with you.
TABC

Paris, TX

#13 Nov 3, 2008
Underage Drinking
If youíre under 21, hereís what happens the first time you are found in possession of alcohol.
Any amount of beer, wine or liquor will trigger the penalties.
30-day driverís license suspension
up to a $500 fine
8 to 12 hours of community service
mandatory attendance in alcohol-awareness classes
A second or third offense can lead to suspension of your driverís license for 90 to 180 days. If youíre 17 or older, you also can be fined as much as $2,000 and go to jail for up to 180 days for a third offense.

If youíre under 21, hereís what happens the first time you are stopped for drinking and driving.

60-day driverís license suspension
up to a $500 fine
20 to 40 hours of community service
mandatory attendance in alcohol-awareness classes

Get caught drinking and driving a second or third time, and the penalties increase, including suspension of your driverís license for up to 180 days. Thatís called zero tolerance. It means ďzeroĒ alcohol. And thatís the law in Texas
MypresidentisBLA CK

De Kalb, TX

#14 Nov 3, 2008
ugh i wish i could go to the crosswire and get
toasted like the rest of my 18 year old friends lol how fun would that be?!

Since: Oct 08

Dallas, TX

#15 Nov 3, 2008
TABC wrote:
The Legal Limit. The legal limit for intoxication in Texas is .08 blood alcohol concentration (BAC). However, drivers can be stopped and cited for impaired driving due to alcohol or other drugs regardless of BAC. Texas also has a zero tolerance law. For anyone under 21, it is illegal to drive with any detectable amount of alcohol.
How Much is Too Much? Impairment begins with the first drink. Gender, body weight, the number of drinks consumed and the amount of food in oneís stomach affect the bodyís ability to handle alcohol. Women, younger people and smaller people, whether male or female, often have lower tolerances.
What Happens If You're Stopped. If a law enforcement officer asks you to take a blood or breath test to measure how much alcohol is in your system, you should comply. If you refuse, you are subject to an automatic 180-day driverís license suspension. Punishment for DWI varies depending on the number of times you've been convicted.
First Offense:
up to a $2,000 fine
72 hours to 180 days in jail
driverís license suspension: 90 days to 1 year
Second Offense:
up to a $4,000 fine
30 days to 1 year in jail
driverís license suspension: 180 days to 2 years
Third Offense:
up to a $10,000 fine
2 to 10 years in penitentiary
driverís license suspension: 180 days to 2 years
Underage Drinking
If youíre under 21, hereís what happens the first time you are found in possession of alcohol.
Any amount of beer, wine or liquor will trigger the penalties.
30-day driverís license suspension
up to a $500 fine
8 to 12 hours of community service
mandatory attendance in alcohol-awareness classes
A second or third offense can lead to suspension of your driverís license for 90 to 180 days. If youíre 17 or older, you also can be fined as much as $2,000 and go to jail for up to 180 days for a third offense.
If youíre under 21, hereís what happens the first time you are stopped for drinking and driving.
60-day driverís license suspension
up to a $500 fine
20 to 40 hours of community service
mandatory attendance in alcohol-awareness classes
Get caught drinking and driving a second or third time, and the penalties increase, including suspension of your driverís license for up to 180 days. Thatís called zero tolerance. It means ďzeroĒ alcohol. And thatís the law in Texas.
If youíre 17 and over, hereís what happens if youíre stopped for drinking and driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or greater.
Some people, particularly teenagers, can reach a .08 BAC with two or three beers an hour.
up to a $2,000 fine
72 hours to 180 days in jail
driverís license suspension of 90 days to one year
Don't listen to this guy. NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TAKE A BREATH OR SOBRIETY TEST. When you refuse, you will be arrested and taken to jail. Don't answer any questions, get an attorney. That is your only chance to keep a normal life afterwards. Would you rather lose your liscense for a few months or a year? Would you rather pay $2000 or $20,000. That is what you will get if you take any breathalizer or sobriety test.
You know what, shame on you for spreading such fear!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 08

United States

#16 Nov 3, 2008
I will say again, 18 to party & 21 to drink Does not work. It was that way here for a few years . there was always underage drinking in the bars . I am not against 18 to drink it was that way when I was young . But the law is 21 . Our police spent so much time in the bars taking 18 yrs to jail.And fines for the Bars added up. With friends or dates that are 21 giving them drinks . It was impossible to control.They have now made it 21 to go into bars again . Police are back on the streets where they are needed . And if some one wants to say they can fight for their country & carry a gun, then they should be able to drink well..... I would rather my son die fighting for this country than to die driving drunk. I raised my son by the if you play you stay rule . Not to go to the bars to get drunk . He goes to bars But does not go to drink. Rather for the women & music. If you are going to party stay put. Don't Drive He is now 28 and still plays by that rule. It is not worth your jail or your life.
Bad advice

Paris, TX

#18 Nov 3, 2008
Not a Gun Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to this guy. NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TAKE A BREATH OR SOBRIETY TEST. When you refuse, you will be arrested and taken to jail. Don't answer any questions, get an attorney. That is your only chance to keep a normal life afterwards. Would you rather lose your liscense for a few months or a year? Would you rather pay $2000 or $20,000. That is what you will get if you take any breathalizer or sobriety test.
You know what, shame on you for spreading such fear!!!!!!!!!!
This is terrible advice. If you aren't drunk, take the breathalizer. If you are drunk, you shouldn't be driving anyway.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19 Nov 4, 2008
Not a Gun Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to this guy. NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TAKE A BREATH OR SOBRIETY TEST. When you refuse, you will be arrested and taken to jail. Don't answer any questions, get an attorney. That is your only chance to keep a normal life afterwards. Would you rather lose your liscense for a few months or a year? Would you rather pay $2000 or $20,000. That is what you will get if you take any breathalizer or sobriety test.
You know what, shame on you for spreading such fear!!!!!!!!!!
You are exactly right!!! I have had at least 3 judge friends of mine tell me that same thing. I have had ALL of my lawyer buddies say that exact same thing!!!

Great advice.

Since: Oct 08

Dallas, TX

#20 Nov 4, 2008
Bad advice wrote:
<quoted text>
This is terrible advice. If you aren't drunk, take the breathalizer. If you are drunk, you shouldn't be driving anyway.
That was not my point. You should never drink and drive. But it is your right to have a fair trial. It is your right to refuse a sobriety test. How do you know that the machine is accurate? How do you know that the officer is quallified to perform the test?
If you take it, it it almost as good as a conviction.
Call any attorney and ask them what you should do. Or blow, go to jail, be on probation for at least a year, lose your liscense, pay a hefty fine(the poster forgot to mention the court costs) and now your auto insurance it out of sight too.
bb boys

Lexington, SC

#21 Nov 4, 2008
simply - me wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's bullshit. Minors should not be allowed into clubs if they are not old enough. But when it comes down to it the parents should pay more attention to where their children go. My Minor child would not be there. If I was you I would go in the club and if I saw her call the laws. Crosswire should get into trouble for promoting child drinking. What ashame!!
what about magils chilis or applebees they all serve alcohol isnt that the same thing should they ban minors

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tree work 1 hr Paris man 1
Strippers from Baby Dolls (Mar '10) 1 hr Tan77 198
Cajun Moon 1 hr Tried it 44
audumn ray (strickland) 1 hr audumn 2
Ricky Hayes and the PEDC new news 2 hr informant 2
arrogance 2 hr informant 27
kristi garner 3 hr Amazing 35
More from around the web

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]