Our Hospitals here are terrible!!

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wal-flower

Mccoy, CO

#1 Dec 27, 2012
My husband has been sick for a couple of weeks now. I took him to the North campus a few weeks ago and i thought i would see a doctor too since i also have been coughing. We got x-rays and flu test and all negative. So the doctor there gives him an antibiotic and script for OTC cough medicine. So we take this and i feel better but he is getting worse. So here we go back this morning early and there was about 6 people already there. So we waited and waited and they never called any names. Then it started getting more people coming in until the place was almost full. We still haven't been seen so we leave. I decided by that time we will go to the cafe and eat a good hot bowl of stew. After we finish i decided to go by the pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist there about some different kind of cough med because what he is taking is not wotking. She tells me the kind to get and also find out he has been taking the wrong kind all this time and not good for him since he has heart problems. So now we are home and he is resting and not coughing. That stupid ER doctor prescrbied the wrong cough medicine that could have made him have a heart attack. I am so sick of this hospital here. We have two hospitals and they neither one are good. We couldn't go to our family doctor because they are closed until after the first of teh year. I will not go back to this ER unless it is a matter of life and death. They are horrible. I know this time of year there are a lot of sick people but for the doctor to give the patient the wrong thing to take. From now on i will drive to another town and see if i can get the help we need. I am sick of this place!!!
Not really

Dallas, TX

#2 Dec 27, 2012
Wal-flower wrote:
My husband has been sick for a couple of weeks now. I took him to the North campus a few weeks ago and i thought i would see a doctor too since i also have been coughing. We got x-rays and flu test and all negative. So the doctor there gives him an antibiotic and script for OTC cough medicine. So we take this and i feel better but he is getting worse. So here we go back this morning early and there was about 6 people already there. So we waited and waited and they never called any names. Then it started getting more people coming in until the place was almost full. We still haven't been seen so we leave. I decided by that time we will go to the cafe and eat a good hot bowl of stew. After we finish i decided to go by the pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist there about some different kind of cough med because what he is taking is not wotking. She tells me the kind to get and also find out he has been taking the wrong kind all this time and not good for him since he has heart problems. So now we are home and he is resting and not coughing. That stupid ER doctor prescrbied the wrong cough medicine that could have made him have a heart attack. I am so sick of this hospital here. We have two hospitals and they neither one are good. We couldn't go to our family doctor because they are closed until after the first of teh year. I will not go back to this ER unless it is a matter of life and death. They are horrible. I know this time of year there are a lot of sick people but for the doctor to give the patient the wrong thing to take. From now on i will drive to another town and see if i can get the help we need. I am sick of this place!!!
you might think about moving to a metropolitan area where you can be closer to a bigger hospital
great

Gober, TX

#3 Dec 27, 2012
Maybe try a doctors office instead of the er. The er is for EMERGENCIES.
hA

United States

#4 Dec 27, 2012
great wrote:
Maybe try a doctors office instead of the er. The er is for EMERGENCIES.
Yes! I agree. They are stupid for going to the ER Or a stupid cough!! Go make a HOT TOTTIE AND BE HAPPY.
hA

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2012
hA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! I agree. They are stupid for going to the ER Or a stupid cough!! Go make a HOT TOTTIE AND BE HAPPY.
FOR"*
Whatever

Paris, TX

#6 Dec 27, 2012
Looks to me he had an emergency they have the guy the wrong meds with a heart problem!!! One of the dr. At our lovely hospital did a spinal tap in one of my family memebers an stuck her 16 times an still didn't get it so then she had to have it blocked off cause he have her a spinal leak they are sorry here my daughter was running 104.3 fever an I took her in cause meds wasn't taking it down they say man that's way to high An send us back to the waiting room for 3 hours
Dr No

Paris, TX

#7 Dec 27, 2012
There is only ONE hospial in this town, split between two buildings. No competition.
Wal-flower

Mccoy, CO

#8 Dec 27, 2012
OK,maybe i didn't make it clear. My husband has a pacemaker,lots of conjestion,coughing,hard time breathing,COPD,spitting up lots of mucus and can't sleep without sitting up. Now i did say the doctor's office was closed until after the first of the year!! Did you not read this part?? We would have went to his doctor if he was open. Why would i want to sit in a damn ER with all those sick people? He was not getting better and that is the reason i took him. Don't like like any of you never went to the Er because you had fever and felt bad and you couldn't get in to see the doctor. And the main topic of my comment was the doctor there telling him to take the wrong medicine for his cough because he takes lots of differnt meds for his heart and the med he was taking was making his heart beat too fast. So you can make your smart comments that you think are funny but it's not funny if it was you,right?
call em

Paris, TX

#9 Dec 27, 2012
hy don't you just call then and tell them your coplaint
Web MD

Paris, TX

#10 Dec 27, 2012
Sulphur Springs is only 40 miles, they could probably see your husband in less time than here.
Camilla Rose

Paris, TX

#11 Dec 27, 2012
I have heard thatmhe hospital in Clarksville is better than whatwe have here.
great

Gober, TX

#12 Dec 27, 2012
Wal-flower wrote:
OK,maybe i didn't make it clear. My husband has a pacemaker,lots of conjestion,coughing,hard time breathing,COPD,spitting up lots of mucus and can't sleep without sitting up. Now i did say the doctor's office was closed until after the first of the year!! Did you not read this part?? We would have went to his doctor if he was open. Why would i want to sit in a damn ER with all those sick people? He was not getting better and that is the reason i took him. Don't like like any of you never went to the Er because you had fever and felt bad and you couldn't get in to see the doctor. And the main topic of my comment was the doctor there telling him to take the wrong medicine for his cough because he takes lots of differnt meds for his heart and the med he was taking was making his heart beat too fast. So you can make your smart comments that you think are funny but it's not funny if it was you,right?
I haven't ever been to an er for a fever or feeling bad actually but you're details make it more acceptable that he went.I wasn't being funny but think it's stupid when healthy people that don't feel good go to the er.anytime you get new meds make sure to talk to the dr and pharmacist to make sure the meds are ok. Drs are human and make mistakes.
Anonymous

United States

#14 Dec 27, 2012
Camilla Rose wrote:
I have heard thatmhe hospital in Clarksville is better than whatwe have here.
The only dr in the ER in Clarksville that actually cares about his patients is Ganguly, and he's isually there only on Tues. God help you if you get Tseng. If you came in with a leg falling off, she'd say "nothing wrong witchu" and send you home. Worst dr ever IMO!!
hA

Rockwall, TX

#15 Dec 27, 2012
Whatever wrote:
Looks to me he had an emergency they have the guy the wrong meds with a heart problem!!! One of the dr. At our lovely hospital did a spinal tap in one of my family memebers an stuck her 16 times an still didn't get it so then she had to have it blocked off cause he have her a spinal leak they are sorry here my daughter was running 104.3 fever an I took her in cause meds wasn't taking it down they say man that's way to high An send us back to the waiting room for 3 hours
Did you even read what you just wrote?? Who can understand that crap??
Been there done that

Paris, TX

#16 Dec 28, 2012
Web MD wrote:
Sulphur Springs is only 40 miles, they could probably see your husband in less time than here.
I have done this after a surgery that I had at the Sulphur Springs hospital as well as gone to the family clinic there after a wreck. I was seen(walk-in), X-rayed. with results of X-ray before I left, and back in Paris in around 3 hours including driving time. My family has instructions to give me two aspirin and drive me to Sulphur Springs hospital if I ever need medical care, which hopefully I won't.
Interesting

Paris, TX

#17 Dec 28, 2012
Wal-flower wrote:
Your family doctor has been closed sinc a "few weeks" ago? Boy, they closed up early, didn't they? We have two hospitals here? I wasn't aware of that. Where is the other one?
Interesting

Paris, TX

#18 Dec 28, 2012
Wal-flower wrote:
It seems you don't like anything in Paris -- the parade is at the wrong time, Wal-Mart doesn't treat you right, etc., etc. etc. Does anything EVER make you happy? BTW - if you husband is as debilitated as you say, he certainly doesn't need to be sitting in a waiting room full of sick people catching every germ they've brought in.
Tara

Austin, TX

#19 Dec 28, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you don't like anything in Paris -- the parade is at the wrong time, Wal-Mart doesn't treat you right, etc., etc. etc. Does anything EVER make you happy? BTW - if you husband is as debilitated as you say, he certainly doesn't need to be sitting in a waiting room full of sick people catching every germ they've brought in.
so they should leave him in the rain?
Ben Dover

Paris, TX

#21 Dec 28, 2012
Yeah, just last week my brother suffered a partial amputation of his right leg just below his knee. Took him to the North E.R. and had fill out all kinds of insurance crap and then waited for 45 min. They took him back and sewed his leg back up with baling wire,
wrapped it up with 2 ace bandages and sent him home with instructions to keep the leg resting over a 5 gallon bucket and spray it with the water hose if it started to smell. Sheesh.
LOL

Paris, TX

#22 Dec 28, 2012
Tara wrote:
<quoted text>
so they should leave him in the rain?
Well, if he doesn't have enough sense to get somewhere out of the rain, he's got more problems than a cough. The point was that he should have been taken to a family doctor -- I don't believe the doctor's office has been closed "a few weeks."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New burger place 55 min Wondering 1
Morale at NLISD 1 hr Clint 9
Tammy Farmer 1 hr Former Capital 1 ... 2
Amy Brumbalow 1 hr TownTalk 2
Suddenlink internet no longer unlimited! (Feb '12) 4 hr Over the barrel 39
Court House statues 5 hr Troublemaker 130
OMG Paris Texas Is Racist 6 hr Name 25
Ricky new board member Wed Disgusted 17

Paris Jobs

More from around the web