Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Check your receipts. First Federal had a glitch in their banking system this weekend. If your debit card was declined, and the cashiers happened to try it time and time again, that money was drafted from your account.
This happened to me 3 times and so I had over 200.00 charged out of my account 3x, resulting in a huge 600.00 chunk of greens.
Can't believe that bank still has corrected this problem. I was told to talk to their customer service team in the drive thru yesterday morning. Guess they don't care that some people went all weekend with no money.
Mr Bone

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Should say bank hasn't corrected this problem.
anon

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Mr Bone wrote:
Should say bank hasn't corrected this problem.
Its not 1st Federal it is the merchants networks that have been messing up! They have already contacted their provider!
always somethin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

This happened to me at Walmart friday. The amount came out of my account 3 times. When I called Walmart they said it was a first federal problem.
verymuchdisliket hem

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

predatory lenders . . . .
anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

verymuchdislikethem wrote:
predatory lenders ....
That comment doesn't even make sense here..No money was lent.
Same here

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

always somethin wrote:
This happened to me at Walmart friday. The amount came out of my account 3 times. When I called Walmart they said it was a first federal problem.
First Federal says it's Walmart and Walmart says it's first federal. All I know is that somebody has my money frozen and I'm getting really pissed.
anon

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

I was sitting right beside a manager when they called walmart it is not 1st federals fault!
My Goodness

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Well, if they ran it several times, then it's Wal-Mart. If the money isn't in your account, Wal-mart has it. First Federal has no way of knowing that Wal-Mart wasn't supposed to run it multiple times. Avoid that problem by using a credit card -- that way, the credit card company will take care of it, and you're not out any money over the weekend.

A similar situation happened to me at Wal-Mart some time ago, but I was using a credit card. Wal-Mart assured me the charges did not hit my card, but when I came home and called, they had. I filed an unauthorized charge complaint with my credit card company, and the problem was taken care of.
anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Same here wrote:
<quoted text>
First Federal says it's Walmart and Walmart says it's first federal. All I know is that somebody has my money frozen and I'm getting really pissed.
Walmart has your money
luvsfirstfed

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

I too have had a problem with my card being ran twice and charges where taken twice. I went to the bank as soon as I knew , and First Fed . took care of the charges. It is the stores fault for running it twice. Wal-Mart has your money, but the bank will credit it back to your account. Sorry that you were out of money this week-end . Never let a store run your card twice!
cash

Clarksville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

always use cash
watchingyou

Marina Del Rey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
I was sitting right beside a manager when they called walmart it is not 1st federals fault!
It's Obama's fault!
FRAN

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Actually any modern bank would deny multiple transactions of the same amount from the same vendor. The thinking is the cashier or the interchange screwed up.
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Mr Bone wrote:
Check your receipts. First Federal had a glitch in their banking system this weekend. If your debit card was declined, and the cashiers happened to try it time and time again, that money was drafted from your account.
This happened to me 3 times and so I had over 200.00 charged out of my account 3x, resulting in a huge 600.00 chunk of greens.
Can't believe that bank still has corrected this problem. I was told to talk to their customer service team in the drive thru yesterday morning. Guess they don't care that some people went all weekend with no money.
I have had Walmart do the same thing to me. The problem is not with the bank, but with Walmart. I tore into the cash office manager about it and they were not equipped to handle what I had to say to them. The money was returned to my account in 3 days. If you can sit and wait, I am sure your money will be returned.

As a rule now, I never swipe my card more than once. If it does not work, I either pay cash or I leave the merchandise. I refuse to swipe more than once at Walmart anymore.
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

FRAN wrote:
Actually any modern bank would deny multiple transactions of the same amount from the same vendor. The thinking is the cashier or the interchange screwed up.
"The thinking is..."? Who is doing the thinking, you? If so, please stop. There is no way the cashier can charge you 3x for the same merchandise. Wait, nevermind, I am not going to explain all of this to you, if you seriously posted what you "think" is the problem then all of this will be over your head.

....you may want to just use cash.
urwrong

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

GET obama OUT wrote:
<quoted text>"The thinking is..."? Who is doing the thinking, you? If so, please stop. There is no way the cashier can charge you 3x for the same merchandise. Wait, nevermind, I am not going to explain all of this to you, if you seriously posted what you "think" is the problem then all of this will be over your head.
You're wrong. The computer system can show that the owner of the debit card has had their card declined. The employee then will ask if you want them to try to swipe it again. If you have mmoney on your account then obviously you tell them to swipe it again.

In the cases this weekend, the employers would swipe debit card 2 or three times because it kept showing up as declined on the stores receipt. The cash registers were declining the charges, yet the bank charges actually went through the system.

So yes, a cashier can accidentally charge you several times without any knowledge on their end.

This happened all over town to people with First Federal accounts. Not just Walmart.
well

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

I have had this happen at another retail place, not Wal-Mart and I have another bank. Two charges from two swipes and the bank took care of it. All you have to do is report it as unauthorized charge and it will go away. Took a couple of days though and luckily mine was small amts.
FRAN

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

GET obama OUT wrote:
<quoted text>"The thinking is..."? Who is doing the thinking, you? If so, please stop. There is no way the cashier can charge you 3x for the same merchandise. Wait, nevermind, I am not going to explain all of this to you, if you seriously posted what you "think" is the problem then all of this will be over your head.
LOL. Good fail. Made me laugh. Its always better when I don't have to explain something to you.
CardSwipe Warning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Watch out when paying for gasoline AT THE PUMP at numerous convenience stores using a DEBIT or CREDIT card. Most if not all of them place a HOLD of up to $150 on your debit or credit account (it gets removed a few hours later or the next day once they have collected the exact correct amount for the gas you purchased). The problem is that while that hold is there it can prevent you from using the card elsewhere depending upon your credit limit (if credit) or actual availability of funds (if debit on your checking account). If your checking account is low during the brief time that that HOLD is there and your bank tries to process any checks that you have out, it could potentially cause refuse payments and additional charges by your bank on some of the checks. I narrowly averted this at the Kroger's pump last summer. I routinely call the automated thing each day on my checking account to see what checks have gone through, what my balance is, etc. I discovered when I called that this $150 hold had been placed on my checking account from paying for gas at the Kroger pump ($10 gas was all I got). I immediately called Kreoger's and they said come in and talked to a manager. I did and they were very nice and called the 800 number associated with the credit part regarding the gas pump and I was assured that the HOLD would be removed by end of day or next morning at the latest. I was told that this had happened before to other people. I also discussed the situation with my bank just to be safe. Fortunately, the hold got removed, nothing bounced, and I incurred no additional charges of any kind, but IT SCARED ME BAD ENOUGH THAT I NO LONGER USE A DEBIT CARD TIED TO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT TO PAY FOR GAS. I was told at Kroger's that nearly every gas pump in town is like this now if you pay at the pump.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help me find her please!!!! 3 min digger 4
PROTEST at Bo Exum Plumbing 8 min Hot Topic 22
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 21 min brad 22,255
We are fools 26 min Al N Jesse 13
HARPER SIX FAMILY Tax Dodgers 30 min Bubba 13
Get Em Mayor Hashmi! 32 min Al N Jesse 23
Protesters at courthouse 38 min Al N Jesse 56
Tour of Hashmi Mansion 47 min Bubba 23
The Paris City Council voted 4-3 1 hr Al N Jesse 72
PEDC Report 23 hr Curious 124