Yes, that would 1609 Fairfax. The woman has a fenced yard but all of the dogs are staked out on the end of chains. To "whatever happens" please inform your neighbor that she is in violation of several laws, some misdemeanors, some felonies. I will post some of the laws that she is breaking. I will be watching. If she does not promptly correct this situation she will be reported.<quoted text>
actually it was fairfax st. I think..
Texas Penal Code Chapter 42
Section 42.09 "Cruelty to Livestock Animals" and 42.09(2) "Cruelty of Non-Livestock Animals" of the Texas Health and Safety Code prohibits a person from intentionally, knowingly or recklesly cruelly treating an animal. The following actions define cruel punishment:
1. Torturing an animal
2. Failing to provide food, care or shelter
3. Abandoning an animal
4. Transporting or confining an animal in a cruel manner
5. Killing, seriously injuring or poisoning an animal
6. Causing an animal to fight with another
7. Using a live animal as a lure in a dog race
8. Tripping a horse
9. Injuring an animal belonging to another person
10. Seriously overworking an animal.
Vernon's Texas Statutes and Codes Annotated. Health and Safety Code. Title 10. Health and Safety of Animals. Chapter 821. Treatment and Disposition of Animals.
§ 821.077. Unlawful Restraint of Dog
(a) An owner may not leave a dog outside and unattended by use of a restraint that unreasonably limits the dog's movement:
(1) between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.;
(2) within 500 feet of the premises of a school; or
(3) in the case of extreme weather conditions, including conditions in which:
(A) the actual or effective outdoor temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit;
(B) a heat advisory has been issued by a local or state authority or jurisdiction; or
(C) a hurricane, tropical storm, or tornado warning has been issued for the jurisdiction by the National Weather Service.
(b) In this section, a restraint unreasonably limits a dog's movement if the restraint:
(1) uses a collar that is pinch-type, prong-type, or choke-type or that is not properly fitted to the dog;
(2) is a length shorter than the greater of:
(A) five times the length of the dog, as measured from the tip of the dog's nose to the base of the dog's tail; or
(B) 10 feet;
(3) is in an unsafe condition; or
(4) causes injury to the dog.