HESI Exam for Nursing School

HESI Exam for Nursing School

Posted in the Paris Forum

Redhead

United States

#1 Jan 14, 2012
Has anyone taken the HESI exam that PJC is requiring this year to get into the nursing school program? Just wondering what your experience was with it.
Dixie Sweetheart

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2012
I have taken it. It's not hard at all

Since: Jul 11

Powderly

#4 Jan 15, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I know someone that has taken it three times and hasn't been able to pass it. Is there any special test prep material that might be helpful?
Did you ever think this test is in place to weed out those who may not academically be prepared to meet the demands of a program like this? I'd say if your friend had taken the test 3 times and can't pass it, they should continue on with the general required courses, and try again at a later time. Obviously their skills are lacking in some key areas.

Do they give you a breakdown in what academic subjects you're having problems passing?
Dixie Sweetheart

Irving, TX

#5 Jan 15, 2012
There are practice tests online. It's just like a high school standardized test. Know decimals and percentages, and know conversions like liters and ounces.
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I know someone that has taken it three times and hasn't been able to pass it. Is there any special test prep material that might be helpful?
Dixie Sweetheart

Irving, TX

#6 Jan 15, 2012
I agree. That's exactly why they give that test.
sabru wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever think this test is in place to weed out those who may not academically be prepared to meet the demands of a program like this? I'd say if your friend had taken the test 3 times and can't pass it, they should continue on with the general required courses, and try again at a later time. Obviously their skills are lacking in some key areas.

Do they give you a breakdown in what academic subjects you're having problems passing?

Since: Dec 08

Paris

#7 Jan 15, 2012
Yes, I have taken it many years ago but I believe it is of the same general concept. If you are weak in an area you can obtain practice tests before you take it or if you have taken it they will show you the individual test scores so you can see what you areas you have your weaknesses.
Loulou

Waterford, MI

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Hi
Loulou

Waterford, MI

#9 Dec 22, 2012
What is the nursing hesi exam for LPN
nurse

United States

#10 Dec 22, 2012
I had to pass it to graduate...it was no big deal...matter of fact nursing school was not nearly the big, bad, monster of a deal people make it out to be...I made it thru pregnant working 16 he shifts on the weekends...don't sweat it :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Diamond discussed family member. 3 hr Locojoe 9
Fuzzy Tacos 12 hr The guy 1
Constable Steven Hill Hero 12 hr Hmmmm 14
North Lamar School Board Election 13 hr Fact Jack 6
How come 16 hr HA HA HA 1
NL Bond 19 hr Typical 45
Your yes vote for PJC cost you a no vote for NL!! Fri pjc one nl zero 10

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance