facts not right

Paris, TX

#21 Jan 4, 2011
well allot of you have some facts correct and some wrong, the manager is part owner. they gave him partnership in the company when they called and asked him back. the food is good, some of the food is not like it used to be, but such is the food business when everything under the sun is expensive. do i think some things could be improve, yes. the wait staff are courteous and when i leave i am full. my family enjoys there time when we go.
friend

Paris, TX

#22 Jan 4, 2011
Shame on all of you that are bad mouthing the manager. I have known him AND his very sweet wife for over 20 years, personally. They are GREAT people. Do not make accusations that are hurtful, and could cause harm to their children or their marriage.
knowledgable

Paris, TX

#23 Jan 5, 2011
the truth usually hurts
curiousone

Paris, TX

#24 Jan 5, 2011
friend then you should come to his job and observe him
Customer

Paris, TX

#25 Jan 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Shame on all of you that are bad mouthing the manager. I have known him AND his very sweet wife for over 20 years, personally. They are GREAT people. Do not make accusations that are hurtful, and could cause harm to their children or their marriage.
some of you are missing the point. i am sure that personally for you the manager and his wife are great people i am not in a position to comment on that because i do not know them personally. they probably have lots of friends and a good life in paris and that is great.
the negative comments are talking about the restaurant and his job as manager there.
there is a difference in the two conversations going on here.
and if you are talking about my comment about the young waitress who are buttering up to him, i never meant to infer that anything was going on but a couple of these young girls seems to do anything they please because they sweet talk him.
mean green

Paris, TX

#26 Jan 6, 2011
negative comments are how he treats some of his employees and how a few of them have him in the palm of their hands
Guest

Paris, TX

#27 Jan 6, 2011
I don't care much about the place but my wife likes to go there with some friends.
Not too long ago I was there and went to the bathroom and almost fell and broke my neck the floor was so wet. I'm too old for that.
Saw the Manager and nicely told him. He seemed to just blow it off. Said it happens a lot. Said it was because of the dampness in the air. Pretty lame if you ask me. Sounds like they have a drainage problem or somthing. At least have someone dry mop it or put some rubber mats down. Sounds like a law suit waiting to happen. Never had that happen at other places we eat.
paris

Paris, TX

#28 Jan 6, 2011
i eat there alot i love their salad bar in the day time the black lady works their really do a good job keeping it clean and fresh looking so i cant say anything bad about the salad bar it is good that is all i eat from their i love their crab salad i never see the manger
peanut

United States

#29 Jan 7, 2011
i can tell you all i will never eat at sirlion stockade ever again the food is not up to standerds at all there pea salad is slimmy and the potatoe salad is to the salad mixture is brown and has slim on it they need to shut this place down
paris

Paris, TX

#30 Jan 7, 2011
look at eat their for lunch all the time for lunch the pea salad is good the crab salad is good when they have it out i cant say the same about the night time bar but i do no the day time bar looks great the salad bar keep that place running that salad bar always looks so good when you come to that place in tha morning time i no for a fact that salad bar was voted the best salad bar in paris .who are we to judge the manger and his staff shame on all of these people posting bad stuff about sirlon stockade it has been apart of paris a long time you peoples should get a life .
hmmmm

United States

#31 Jan 8, 2011
PI could eat a box of cheap saltine crackers,be full, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed my meal.
I could eat a box of Nabisco Premium Saltine crackers, & be ful. Only difference, I did enjoy the second meal.
Foods which are on the salad bars are with bland tastes those on the menus must be prepared with an ounce of knowledge, or it will.ne the same as the first box of cheap filleds crackers

The menus at Sirloin Stockade used to have flavor, and anticipatory flavors permeating the aura of the restaurant. Now days, it a glorified "hog trough" ! Sorry, I'll go through the bother to cook at home & KNOW MY MEAL TASTES AS GOOD AS IT CAN,* without worry of the latest flavor of sickness going around won't get to me & my family.
If you want the clientele to return, scrub & use disinfectant throughout, hire a new crew willing to keep. the place spotless, & bring un some good chefs, or you will eventually become a half star rated restaurant, from.which you cannot recover EVER !
LOL

Paris, TX

#32 Jan 8, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
PI could eat a box of cheap saltine crackers,be full, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed my meal.
I could eat a box of Nabisco Premium Saltine crackers, & be ful. Only difference, I did enjoy the second meal.
Foods which are on the salad bars are with bland tastes those on the menus must be prepared with an ounce of knowledge, or it will.ne the same as the first box of cheap filleds crackers
The menus at Sirloin Stockade used to have flavor, and anticipatory flavors permeating the aura of the restaurant. Now days, it a glorified "hog trough" ! Sorry, I'll go through the bother to cook at home & KNOW MY MEAL TASTES AS GOOD AS IT CAN,* without worry of the latest flavor of sickness going around won't get to me & my family.
If you want the clientele to return, scrub & use disinfectant throughout, hire a new crew willing to keep. the place spotless, & bring un some good chefs, or you will eventually become a half star rated restaurant, from.which you cannot recover EVER !
Oh you really should look into writing restaurant reviews for a magazine. Who will you review next? Hmm, how about the Roadhouse or some other "elite" place in town? LMAO!
regular customer

Lowell, MA

#33 Jan 8, 2011
Customer wrote:
<quoted text>
some of you are missing the point. i am sure that personally for you the manager and his wife are great people i am not in a position to comment on that because i do not know them personally. they probably have lots of friends and a good life in paris and that is great.
the negative comments are talking about the restaurant and his job as manager there.
there is a difference in the two conversations going on here.
and if you are talking about my comment about the young waitress who are buttering up to him, i never meant to infer that anything was going on but a couple of these young girls seems to do anything they please because they sweet talk him.
wow what a hater.
No name

United States

#34 Jan 8, 2011
I eat the 5 times a week and the staff is always nice and as for the manager i only see women so i guess them servers butter them up to huh?
Regular Customer

Paris, TX

#35 Jan 8, 2011
The Managers name is Ken, he is the Manager and he is Partners in the franchise. as partner he only get's paid out of the profits. How do I know, I asked him. And from what I can see he must be doing well, because everytime we go there they are busy. I hope he dosn't care about all you haters, because as restaraunts go in Paris they are one of the busiest. He dosn't hop from table to table bothering everyone, but instead is the easiest person to talk to if that's what you need. I don't guess most of you give much thought to what you say, you must just like to vent. I instead, if I am not satisfied how I spend my money I will let them know right then. and if they don't make it right I just go someplace else. I only clicked this on because I saw sirloin stockade and I like to eat there. If you don't like it don't go there, it's that simple. oh and if anyone ever got food poisoning from a Restaraunt the whole town would know because a couple hundred people just ate the same thing you ate, my advice is don't over eat just because it is a Buffet. LOL

Since: Mar 10

Brenham, TX

#36 Jan 9, 2011
just me wrote:
The place was clean 20 years ago, when it was first opened as Golden Corral.And I do give effort to. the Cow place when it first opened there on the loop. The management has a form interest in making sure the restaurant was clean & food served hot. THAT WAS YEARS AGO, THE PLACE NEEDS A TWO WEEK SHUT-DOWN FOR INTENSIVE CLEANING & DISINFECTANT.
AND A WHOLE NEW CREW WOULD. HELP THE MOST TO KEEP IT CLEAN. IF THE OWNERS ARE IN AUSTIN, THEN I GUARANTEE THE AUSTIN LOCATION IS SPOTLESS. HERE, IT LOOKS LIKE THE LILY QUEEN ON STEROIDS DIRTY! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE BACK OF THE. KOTCHEN ? ENOUGH TO GAG AN ELEPHANT CLEAN THE PLACE OO, WALL TO WALL, & YOU'LL GET BACK A GOOD CLIENTELE !
Are you retarded?

Since: Mar 10

Brenham, TX

#37 Jan 9, 2011
paris wrote:
i eat there alot i love their salad bar in the day time the black lady works their really do a good job keeping it clean and fresh looking so i cant say anything bad about the salad bar it is good that is all i eat from their i love their crab salad i never see the manger
You ARE retarded!
lola corley

Paris, TX

#38 Jan 10, 2011
i ate there last week and its still nasty like it always has been,always dried out..never anything new
it happened

Paris, TX

#39 Jan 13, 2011
clinging vine wrote:
has anyone eat their recently and has the food got any better and also the manager
Went to sirloin today with my boys. was standing in line behind another couple. The Manager was at the cashier. He took their money and gave them silverware then just walked off. Left me an my boys just standing there and went into the kitchen and got on the grill. I stood there for a minute and could not believe he did that. Then I said the hell with this an turned to walk out. The one of the girls was walkin up an tried to take our order an I said never mind we are goin somewhere else. left an will not be back. the manager is a total DICK
Paris Patriot

Paris, TX

#40 Jan 13, 2011
it happened wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to sirloin today with my boys. was standing in line behind another couple. The Manager was at the cashier. He took their money and gave them silverware then just walked off. Left me an my boys just standing there and went into the kitchen and got on the grill. I stood there for a minute and could not believe he did that. Then I said the hell with this an turned to walk out. The one of the girls was walkin up an tried to take our order an I said never mind we are goin somewhere else. left an will not be back. the manager is a total DICK
You should really tell that manager what you just said on here. Some of the managers have no clue about service. This may help him clean up his act and pay better attention to the customers. It is too bad to hear things like this. I does sound like he was short handed though.

I am just curious to know if he washed his hands after leaving the cash register and got on the grill to cook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paris is a slum 1 hr answers 28
jakivia stature 8 hr Itscalledfreespeach 7
Why can't Christians accept that not everyone b... 8 hr Me2foool 88
Reno City Council Meeting 8 hr calculated 9
Waco example 10 hr yolala 5
cossacks (Sep '12) 12 hr antifabiker 520
Hashmi IS mayor!!! 17 hr anon 49
More from around the web

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]