suddenlink internet slow

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
drivin me nuts

Paris, TX

#1 Jan 16, 2009
Is anyone one elses computer running slow , and are you getting alot of PAGE LOAD ERRORS, or CONNECTION INTERRUPTED? Its pissin me off, It happened last month too and I dont know if its Suddenlink, or because its cold , or if its my modem , router or what..
TELLING THE TRUTH

Paris, TX

#2 Jan 16, 2009
drivin me nuts wrote:
Is anyone one elses computer running slow , and are you getting alot of PAGE LOAD ERRORS, or CONNECTION INTERRUPTED? Its pissin me off, It happened last month too and I dont know if its Suddenlink, or because its cold , or if its my modem , router or what..
I have Suddenlink cable,internet,and phone and so far i havent had a problem with either
doghouse

Paris, TX

#3 Jan 16, 2009
drivin me nuts wrote:
I'm having the same type of problems. Slow, slow, slow. Then sometimes it just freezes up. I have a brand new hard drive, so I don't think it's the computer. No problems with any of my programs, just when I'm on the internet.
somad

Paris, TX

#4 Jan 16, 2009
I have recently bundled internet,phone,cable at Suddenlink and since then my phone does not work half the time. I am sorry I switched:(
regrets

Paris, TX

#5 Jan 16, 2009
I'm not pleased with my packaged deal either.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 19, 2009
I'm with Suddenlink, at Corp. HQ. More on me here: http://www.suddenlink.com/about/executives/ab... .

If you'll email me at [email protected], I'd be happy to assist anyone experiencing problems. Let me know.
Turd Ferguson

United States

#7 Jan 23, 2009
Suddenly...Disconnected

Since: Jan 09

Paris

#8 Jan 23, 2009
Pete Abel wrote:
I'm with Suddenlink, at Corp. HQ. More on me here: http://www.suddenlink.com/about/executives/ab... .
If you'll email me at [email protected], I'd be happy to assist anyone experiencing problems. Let me know.
I e-mailed Pete Abel and guess what? Suddenlink showed up at my door the very next day and repaired my problems! Thanks!
Student

Natchitoches, LA

#9 Jan 22, 2010
Mind has been slow as hell too. I'm posting this from campus because I could not even get online at my house to do my work. This is lame.
Songwriter1951

United States

#10 Jan 22, 2010
It is my understanding that the cable internet technology is set up in a way that if a good number of people in the neighborhood are online at the same time, the speeds go down. That does not happen with DSL; but there are positives and negatives on both sides.
Pleased

Plano, TX

#11 Jan 23, 2010
I had the bundle package and was not pleased at all,My phone did not work half the time and my internet was slow.I now have Direct Tv and AT&T for my internet ...so much quicker and cheaper ..
James Pace

Muskogee, OK

#12 Feb 21, 2011
TELLING THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>I have Suddenlink cable,internet,and phone and so far i havent had a problem with either
well just today I got a problem with my internet, it was going slow as of 400kbs, or downloads of 30.0kbs, and I have a 10.0 mbs internet with suddenlink downloads of 1.02mbs, and i restart my modem, router and even plug the modem to the comp to see if it was only my router, but suddenlink is going really slow, and this just happened around 5 hours ago, and it won't go fast, it's really annoying, contact suddenlink and they couldn't do anything, anyone know what i can do? or if you think it's just their server that is down for some reason, what you guys think....

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#13 Feb 22, 2011
James Pace wrote:
<quoted text>
well just today I got a problem with my internet, it was going slow as of 400kbs, or downloads of 30.0kbs, and I have a 10.0 mbs internet with suddenlink downloads of 1.02mbs, and i restart my modem, router and even plug the modem to the comp to see if it was only my router, but suddenlink is going really slow, and this just happened around 5 hours ago, and it won't go fast, it's really annoying, contact suddenlink and they couldn't do anything, anyone know what i can do? or if you think it's just their server that is down for some reason, what you guys think....
Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having issues with your internet speeds. I'd be happy to look into this for you. Please email me at [email protected]
Steve

Arcata, CA

#14 May 5, 2011
I have the same issues with Suddenlink. We have both a business and residential plan and separate addresses. Around 7pm every night our connection goes down the tubes. We pay for a better connection than 1.5Mbps Down and .49Mbps Up, but that is all we get after 7pm. That's the best part of it, it also locks up completely at times for up to 30sec.

We have been told before that it's probably a computer or router issue. These have all been checked and rechecked at both our office and at home to no avail. We install 2 new computers per year at the office and have a brand new laptop at home. I know the problem is not on our end, and it never was.

I understand that between the hours of 7pm to 2am there is a greater load on the connections, but honestly we are not getting what we pay for. My bill isn't reduced for that 25%-30% of the time the connection is garbage. If you advertise a 10Mbps connection how can you justify not having the infrastructure to provide that connection during peek hours?

I have waited on the "Live Chat" for over an hour twice with no response. I have also called phone numbers on their website linked to "Contact us" and no one was there. Is this really how you treat your customers? We have been with Suddenlink and Cox previously for my years, but I do not believe that will continue. It seems like Suddenlink is taking advantage of the fact that there are few companies in the area that provide the same service, so they may feel there is no threat to promising much more than they are willing to deliver. If I ran my business like that, I would have no clients.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#15 May 9, 2011
Steve -- I am very sorry to hear about your internet speed issues during peak hours. I'd be more than happy to work with management in your area to see what we can do to resolve this issue. Please contact me directly at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com for further assistance.
What it is

Orem, UT

#16 May 9, 2011
With cable internet, the more subscribers in your area, the slower it gets. DSL is the best option if you want fast internet all the time.
Harros

Arcata, CA

#17 May 16, 2011
What it is wrote:
With cable internet, the more subscribers in your area, the slower it gets. DSL is the best option if you want fast internet all the time.
If Suddenlink is unable to provide the speeds they advertise and charge for, irregardless of people on the network at certain hours then I would say it's a case of false advertising.
Henry

Eureka, CA

#18 Jul 4, 2011
Suddenlink is terrible.

Customer service is dodgey and uninformed telling you its your computer's fault.

When multiple computers in different households all get slow internet not even loading pages at times. Its not MY machine.

I even upgraded to thier faster service thinking it might fix the problem. NOPE exactt same speed as before. Waste of money.

Switching to AT&T, been using my neighbors AT&T connection and its twice as fast as mine for half the cost!

Dont be fooled by Suddenlink. Some busineese just don't play fair, especailly ones that assume you dont understand technical lingo at all.

"BUY A NEW COMPTUER, BUY FASTER INTERNET!" Thanks customer support.
Henry

Eureka, CA

#19 Jul 4, 2011
Spread the word! Dont subscribe to suddenlink! Save yourself the trouble.

I am about to be the worst PR nightmare they could imagine!

“va girl at heart”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#20 Jul 4, 2011
MINE WORKS FINE! NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OUT OF IT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please Support KK Designs 5 min Married to the Mob 113
Christina haile 7 min hillbilly 18
Was God a Christian? 9 min needforreality 586
Why do the most adamant Trump supporters seem t... 10 min Make us great 10
Why do the most adamant Hillary supporters seem... 12 min Reichsfuhrer von ... 6
Trump Clinches the Nomination! 48 min Trump 4 the Win 3
PRMC Emergency Room 1 hr trumpette slayer 25
Nikki aka Mttm aka Tactics aka User name removed 1 hr Married to the Mob 26
providence ranch 1 hr not hardly 12
Cavender's Closing 3 hr wtf 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages