First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No More

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Oct 7, 2008
Be careful when you eat at McKee's because they will overcharge you if you're not watching very carefully. The food & service has also went way downhill...Shame on you Kent & Brent for letting your restaurant get this way!
Grace

United States

#2 Oct 7, 2008
No More wrote:
Be careful when you eat at McKee's because they will overcharge you if you're not watching very carefully. The food & service has also went way downhill...Shame on you Kent & Brent for letting your restaurant get this way!
Same with La Familia
Breathing

Paris, TX

#4 Oct 7, 2008
No More wrote:
Who can stand the smoke?
DiningOut

Redmond, WA

#5 Oct 7, 2008
They'll nearly all do that overcharging bit if you don't pay close attention and call their hand on it. Ward's has employee turnover like it's going out of style. If they like you, you remain there indefinitely. If they don't like you for some reason, they'll find a reason to fire you. They have no regard for employee preferences for certain shift schedules either. There are people begging to work first shift who get stuck on second or third shift and people who function much better on second and third that they stick on first, and we're talking even when it's not necessary and people would gladly trade out with each other. Everything on the menu at Ward's recently went up (don't know if everyone's noticed or not). In 3 years only 2 black people have worked there, and they didn't last long- wonder what that's all about?

Since: Sep 08

Tyler, TX

#6 Oct 7, 2008
I'm a fan of mckee's to be honest. lol but it's probably because i'm 17 and it's the only place to eat at 3 in the morning...and yea you do pretty much get lung cancer if you sit in there to long...but it's been here forever...and no one has to eat there.
wow

Overbrook, OK

#7 Oct 7, 2008
DiningOut wrote:
They'll nearly all do that overcharging bit if you don't pay close attention and call their hand on it. Ward's has employee turnover like it's going out of style. If they like you, you remain there indefinitely. If they don't like you for some reason, they'll find a reason to fire you. They have no regard for employee preferences for certain shift schedules either. There are people begging to work first shift who get stuck on second or third shift and people who function much better on second and third that they stick on first, and we're talking even when it's not necessary and people would gladly trade out with each other. Everything on the menu at Ward's recently went up (don't know if everyone's noticed or not). In 3 years only 2 black people have worked there, and they didn't last long- wonder what that's all about?
Dont eat there then. I cant understand why people whine about things they can change. Just dont go there, and quit trying to bring race into the conversation, it makes you sound like an ex employee they fired because of laziness and you are trying to get back at them. Try a different approach if you want something done, or just call and talk to them.
just sayin

AOL

#9 Oct 7, 2008
Hey lay off McKees!!!! Brett and Kent dont care what anyone thinks about them!!! U can say what u want on here cause everyone knows IT DONT MEAN SHIT!!! McKees is THE BEST restraunt in Paris to get something Good to eat and chill whenever u want!!! If u dont like the smoke try and find a place where u can sit and drink tea or coffee and visit as long as u want and not get glared at!!!(or asked to leave) If they accidently over charge u all u have to do is bring it to there attention!! They are so busy is why they ring it up quick!! They have customers waiting on your table and need to get them seated!!!
yuk

Paris, TX

#10 Oct 7, 2008
ugg wrote:
McKees is nasty. So is Wards and all those sunriser places. Your right they ring it up so fast and don't put the price of the meal on the ticket.
Same with the roadhouse
Second Hander

Blossom, TX

#11 Oct 7, 2008
Hey man, it is the best place to go if you can not afford your own cigs.
Been There

Paris, TX

#12 Oct 7, 2008
just sayin wrote:
Hey lay off McKees!!!! Brett and Kent dont care what anyone thinks about them!!! U can say what u want on here cause everyone knows IT DONT MEAN SHIT!!! McKees is THE BEST restraunt in Paris to get something Good to eat and chill whenever u want!!! If u dont like the smoke try and find a place where u can sit and drink tea or coffee and visit as long as u want and not get glared at!!!(or asked to leave) If they accidently over charge u all u have to do is bring it to there attention!! They are so busy is why they ring it up quick!! They have customers waiting on your table and need to get them seated!!!
McKee's is a lot cheaper on their prices than Wards & Roadhouse, The last two times that we went to Wards they only gave me two crackers with my Salad, Are they that cheap to only give two crackers, what a rip off, do they think I'm gonna steal the cracker basket? and as far as the cig. smoke I'm not a smoker but I think it's crazy for people to act the way they do about the 2nd hand smoke, What about the smokers they get the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & even 39th hand smoke. If people don't like the smoke then stay away from it and stop crying about it & go to McDonalds where the other kids don't smoke. In other words I have respect for humans regardless if they smoke or not. That would be like going to a club & gripe cause everyone's drinking. LOL.
Just Me

Dallas, TX

#13 Oct 8, 2008
Breathing wrote:
<quoted text>
Who can stand the smoke?
That is your choice, to go or not to go. Go somewhere else. It's that simple.

I don't like the smell of cigarette smoke. Not only does it smell bad, it burns my nose, but if and when I "choose" to go to a restaurant and it does not have a "smoke free" or "No Smoking" sign posted, then it's my CHOICE to leave or stay.

The last time I checked, we still have choices. Furthermore, with McKee's being a privately owned business, they, also have a choice of having smokers' establishment.

If one choose to patronize a smoking establishment, then don't gripe and complain about the smoke.
katladee

Texarkana, TX

#16 Oct 8, 2008
Wards is great! My favorite lunch special is their meatloaf but everything is delicious. Keep up the good work from a satisfied customer!

“Save tha drama for yo mama”

Since: Aug 08

Paris, Texas

#17 Oct 8, 2008
i dont mind going to mckees altho, it would be nice to see something different on the menu....i end up ordering the same thing everytime i go....
happy customer

United States

#18 Oct 8, 2008
mckee's will always be okay because they have a loyal customer base. And the reason they do is because of the atmosphere. i agree with the previous post saying that people who go in and complain of smoke are so whiny. You know its all smoking, dont go. they will be fine without your business. The boys are wonderful people to know and probably will never change anything, why should they? if it aint broke, dont fix it. And as for the overcharging thing..there will always be a dishonest employee at every establishment now and then. But its unfair to make it seem as though that is their way of business to overcharge just because maybe someone got away with doing that. I can promise you that if they have, the boys wouldnt stand for it if it were known. They are appreciative of their loyal customers and theres a reason their business has succeeded as it has....good food, good prices, fun place to sit and talk, and they are just hilarious to be around. I personally love them both and im happy to know that the opinions of the unhappy in here cant and wont matter to their business =D
Lamont

United States

#19 Oct 8, 2008
I likes Mckee's but cause of thick waitress be up in there. Must have large melons to work there. Shoot those big ole nice melons working theres two. Big ole thick juicy womens working there. specially that big girl head of securty with the big grill.
john smith

Paris, TX

#20 Oct 8, 2008
Ward's on the west side of town is much better than the one on C-ville st...
MAC

Tyler, TX

#21 Oct 8, 2008
happy customer wrote:
mckee's will always be okay because they have a loyal customer base. And the reason they do is because of the atmosphere. i agree with the previous post saying that people who go in and complain of smoke are so whiny. You know its all smoking, dont go. they will be fine without your business. The boys are wonderful people to know and probably will never change anything, why should they? if it aint broke, dont fix it. And as for the overcharging thing..there will always be a dishonest employee at every establishment now and then. But its unfair to make it seem as though that is their way of business to overcharge just because maybe someone got away with doing that. I can promise you that if they have, the boys wouldnt stand for it if it were known. They are appreciative of their loyal customers and theres a reason their business has succeeded as it has....good food, good prices, fun place to sit and talk, and they are just hilarious to be around. I personally love them both and im happy to know that the opinions of the unhappy in here cant and wont matter to their business =D
I agree completely. They are great guys and care about their customers.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 Oct 8, 2008
I think the McKees are great people. I like the taste of the food. I just wish they would repair the bathrooms, clean up the place, stop the smoking, and make the waitresses clean up and dress up a bit. They need a lid for the ice maker....I know lots of crap floats down in there.
donny

Mckinney, TX

#23 Oct 8, 2008
I used to eat at McKees all the time but it got to where it was so filthy in there I quit going. The floors looked as if they were never cleaned, but when I got dirty fork I said that's enough for me!
Just some Guy

United States

#24 Oct 8, 2008
Lamont wrote:
I likes Mckee's but cause of thick waitress be up in there. Must have large melons to work there. Shoot those big ole nice melons working theres two. Big ole thick juicy womens working there. specially that big girl head of securty with the big grill.
I'm with you Lamont. That girl with the dark black hair and huge chest is the main reason I eat there. Great scenery!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boil Paris Water 8 min RosieRoma 25
Mestizos and Negroes Fail Again 53 min Just the Facts 69
Latin's rally for TRUMP.... 1 hr Just the Facts 3
Favorite Bible Verses (Mar '11) 1 hr Nada 744
Rick Perry Gets His Groove On 1 hr Just the Facts 4
Eric Clifford 1 hr flowerboy 4
Do you have grandkids who don't thank you for g... (Sep '12) 2 hr Grandpa 269
R I P Paris Lakes Medical Center Mon Nada 72

Paris Jobs

More from around the web