Carly

Paris, TX

#41 Jan 28, 2013
Dear DODO you are an expert geologist! I suppose ,I am not in support or againt anyone but if you are such an expert did you call the city give them your name and suggested they contact you for underwater land information and its chemical composition, geologial surveys on the lake ,if not shut up because you are nothing but talking on hearsay sitting in Arlington and interfering in Paris ,and if you are a resident of Paris then lets see you write down your name and contact information..My name is Carly and I live in Paris Texas and I am proud that we are finally starting to make use or attempt to make use of our natural resources.Keep up the good work City Council.
Bild

Paris, TX

#42 Jan 28, 2013
The mayor just wants to develope the lake so his rich friends can buy up your public land so they can sell it, for there on profit. That way the public will not get to use any of it. Just use up the money quick, with nothing to show for it later down the road.
Wonder

United States

#43 Jan 29, 2013
Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
The only boat ramp for access to Lake Crook is in the City Park on Campbell soup side, hate to hear your upset,
Then why did AC add not one but 2 no trespass signs blocking the worn access area where fisherman launch their flat bottom and 2 man boats. On city right of way not leased property or did you lease the right of way too. Very Christian like Archers. I hope you whiney people lose the lease. Also if it is true the city makes you add the signs post the lease on your website. I think the whole organization is not trustworthy and lying about the agreement. If not prove it. Everything I stated is true about the signage and can be checked
The Answer

United States

#44 Jan 29, 2013
i concur wrote:
How much does A4C even pay to lease this property? I've shot out there before, and they maybe use 25 acres during a tournament. What are they doing with the other 1700+ acres? Is this their private hunting preserve? That land is far too valuable to be underused in such a fashion. Unless they're paying a hefty lease fee...
They pay $1 a year for the lease, have for a long time. This is not a typo, I write this in all seriousness.
Haha

United States

#45 Jan 29, 2013
AFC is a joke and more like a cult, i hope y'all spent a fortune on the "no trespassing signs" so I can take joy in seeing them all tore down...... Karma's a B.
Clueless

Paris, TX

#46 Jan 29, 2013
Bild wrote:
The mayor just wants to develope the lake so his rich friends can buy up your public land so they can sell it, for there on profit. That way the public will not get to use any of it. Just use up the money quick, with nothing to show for it later down the road.
The mayor sincerely wants to improve Paris and make it a better place. He has no other motives, other than than the betterment of this community. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not know him.
cash

Blossom, TX

#47 Jan 29, 2013
who is secrete developer
OldWhitey

Paris, TX

#48 Jan 29, 2013
cash wrote:
who is secrete developer
rumer es rich peg leg man from blossum.
cash

Blossom, TX

#49 Jan 29, 2013
if it is it is a big con
DODO

Euless, TX

#50 Jan 30, 2013
Probably Pakistanian investment money.
Jiggs

Arlington, TX

#52 Jan 30, 2013
Bild wrote:
Typi

Typical baloney by someone who knows nothing about the Mayor
yep

Richardson, TX

#53 Jan 30, 2013
Carly wrote:
Dear DODO you are an expert geologist! I suppose ,I am not in support or againt anyone but if you are such an expert did you call the city give them your name and suggested they contact you for underwater land information and its chemical composition, geologial surveys on the lake ,if not shut up because you are nothing but talking on hearsay sitting in Arlington and interfering in Paris ,and if you are a resident of Paris then lets see you write down your name and contact information..My name is Carly and I live in Paris Texas and I am proud that we are finally starting to make use or attempt to make use of our natural resources.Keep up the good work City Council.
just because it says they are in arlington does not mean that, I'm in paris, sometimes it says Arlington, Richardson, or just USA, so maybe you should get youre facts straight as well.
Alamo1950

Paris, TX

#54 Jan 30, 2013
Paris residents, don't let this become another boondoggle where city funds pave the way for a few developers and builders to profit at the expense of everyone else.
Don't forget that Paris is right now paying big bucks to help widen ten miles of highway almost sixty miles away so some occasional trucker or motorist can drive 70 instead of 55 for the ten minutes it takes to navigate that tiny stretch of highway on their way (maybe) to Paris. It is incredible that city fathers can't see that widening this small stretch of highway directly benefits only the builders and the cities closest to the Interstate, not the city of Paris.
This newest Lake Crook project is going the way of anything the city does to get some industry to come way out here in the boonies. I guarantee the city of Paris will again be paying out thousands and thousands of tax rebate dollars and other subsidy dollars, yes nothing less than corporate welfare. Looks like developers and corporations will make their millions, while the city movers and shakers will jostle each other to figure out some way to get a piece of the pie for their constituents, departments, and heaven forbid maybe even their kinfolk.
You won't see any low-cost housing going up here, or multi-family residential, or trailer parks, or homeless shelters, but you will see plenty of opportunities for banksters and others to add to their wealth while convincing us it is all about jobs and the future and more taxes for the city. While the inner city suffers from poor roads, bad water mains, and crumbling infrastruucture, the city bigwigs are looking outside the loop to spend city tax money.
This is like, on a small scale, the way Arlington citizens spent an extra half-cent sales tax every time a person bought a soda so as to provide millions and millions to build the Ballpark - and then gave it away to a few owners who profited quite handsomely, thank you very much.
Then incredibly, the city of Arlington turned around and went into debt for near half a billion in bond money to build a football stadium that Jerry Jones now says he owns.
Oh, and if you want to see land unusable to Paris citizens, just go to Google or Bing and get an aerial view of the Campbell's wastewater sprinkler acreage. Their waste production water goes onto this land, seeps into the lake and groundwater, then the city pays to extract and treat it, and we drink it - while Campbell's profits pay how much of this bill? Nothing, or hardly nothing, you say? Incredible! I'm not against Campbell's, but at what cost to the city do we provide this corporate welfare? Oh, right, if we didn't do it they would just go and take their jobs elsewhere, like a mean-spirited high-dollar extortionist.
And don't get me started on how much corporate welfare was required to get the milk guys in the neighborhood a couple of years back. I don't want to live nearby when the manure hits the watershed.
There are thousands of acres available for development around town - is this tiny lake which needs a hundred thousand dollars or more of remediation really such a draw? If it were, why is the city park almost abandoned every day my family has ever visited it?
As to the archers closing the boat ramp, that is wrong, and I am all for opening it again. I don't think they need all that acreage all the time, and boaters should not have to drive all the way back to 271 to get lake access.
But in the archers' defense, when they hold their annual events here the local hotels and restaurants are packed. The money going into city and county businesses is extraordinary. The archery events are probably why we have new motels on the loop.
Make no mistake, this Lake Crook project is one of the most aptly named projects in history - a project of the rich, for the rich, and by the rich - and the ordinary citizens of Paris and even the county will eventually take it in the shorts... just so a few developers and their kin (correction, I mean ilk) can make another buck.
Alamo where u go

Ballwin, MO

#55 Jan 30, 2013
Alamo1950. Is that you Jake S?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#56 Jan 31, 2013
Alamo1950 wrote:
Paris residents, don't let this become another boondoggle where city funds pave the way for a few developers and builders to profit at the expense of everyone else.
Don't forget that Paris is right now paying big bucks to help widen ten miles of highway almost sixty miles away so some occasional trucker or motorist can drive 70 instead of 55 for the ten minutes it takes to navigate that tiny stretch of highway on their way (maybe) to Paris. It is incredible that city fathers can't see that widening this small stretch of highway directly benefits only the builders and the cities closest to the Interstate, not the city of Paris.
This newest Lake Crook project is going the way of anything the city does to get some industry to come way out here in the boonies. I guarantee the city of Paris will again be paying out thousands and thousands of tax rebate dollars and other subsidy dollars, yes nothing less than corporate welfare. Looks like developers and corporations will make their millions, while the city movers and shakers will jostle each other to figure out some way to get a piece of the pie for their constituents, departments, and heaven forbid maybe even their kinfolk.
You won't see any low-cost housing going up here, or multi-family residential, or trailer parks, or homeless shelters, but you will see plenty of opportunities for banksters and others to add to their wealth while convincing us it is all about jobs and the future and more taxes for the city. While the inner city suffers from poor roads, bad water mains, and crumbling infrastruucture, the city bigwigs are looking outside the loop to spend city tax money.
This is like, on a small scale, the way Arlington citizens spent an extra half-cent sales tax every time a person bought a soda so as to provide millions and millions to build the Ballpark - and then gave it away to a few owners who profited quite handsomely, thank you very much.
Then incredibly, the city of Arlington turned around and went into debt for near half a billion in bond money to build a football stadium that Jerry Jones now says he owns.
Oh, and if you want to see land unusable to Paris citizens, just go to Google or Bing and get an aerial view of the Campbell's wastewater sprinkler acreage. Their waste production water goes onto this land, seeps into the lake and groundwater, then the city pays to extract and treat it, and we drink it - while Campbell's profits pay how much of this bill? Nothing, or hardly nothing, you say? Incredible! I'm not against Campbell's, but at what cost to the city do we provide this corporate welfare? Oh, right, if we didn't do it they would just go and take their jobs elsewhere, like a mean-spirited high-dollar extortionist.
And don't get me started on how much corporate welfare was required to get the milk guys in the neighborhood a couple of years back. I don't want to live nearby when the manure hits the watershed.
There are thousands of acres available for development around town - is this tiny lake which needs a hundred thousand dollars or more of remediation really such a draw? If it were, why is the city park almost abandoned every day my family has ever visited it?
As to the archers closing the boat ramp, that is wrong, and I am all for opening it again. I don't think they need all that acreage all the time, and boaters should not have to drive all the way back to 271 to get lake access.

Make no mistake, this Lake Crook project is one of the most aptly named projects in history - a project of the rich, for the rich, and by the rich - and the ordinary citizens of Paris and even the county will eventually take it in the shorts... just so a few developers and their kin (correction, I mean ilk) can make another buck.
Well said.
wonder

Paris, TX

#57 Jan 31, 2013
To Alamo 1950

So you're one of those conspiracy theorist people? It's all a conspiracy to build a Muslim city in Paris so they can take over the world starting with Paris.

You are correct there won't be any low rent district there - the whole city inside the loop is low rent - the whole reason the city is going bankrupt. There is nothing to bring anyone to Paris - it is a shithole. Drugs, homeless people, peole wondering the streets at all time day or night. More crime than just about anywhere in the state. Why would anyone want to make it easier to access thugs to decent housing and upstanding citizzens. You people on topix bash Paris for these same reasons 24 hours a day - but just when there may be something positive that Paris can be proud of - you start with this Muslim and it will be only for the rich. I am far from rich - but will welcome the change. Too bad a bad apple like you has to try and ruin it for everyone else. If you want low cost house move inside the loop with all the driggies and thugs.
How funny

United States

#58 Jan 31, 2013
The name is actually funny AFC. The first thing someone needs to do is cut down all those dangerous dead trees that line the roads around the lake. Never understood what all the iron pipe was about but the road is now passable where you once always got stuck. I did not understand what the Paris News meant in it would help lake security. Does the lake need security? A 1.00 a year, that is about as stupid as selling Pat Mayse lake water to the big city and cutting off our on water supply. Actually Pat Mayse is just a better place and has some really cool trails. I do agree though the AFC are acting as if they own public property which they do not and I have seen no improvements on the old muddy road that the city blocked long ago. I noticed all the signs have been ripped down on the lake side which makes sence. People use the word Christ to get a lot of attention. Kill the damm hogs that destroy soups water system, but just leave the deer alone. It's really not much land and all Water Surface in Texas belongs to the good old State of Texas including the pool in your back yard. So this will blow over and nobody will do jack, but the Christ people need to find some other place to play other than next to a public city lake.
alamo

Paris, TX

#59 Jan 31, 2013
To wonderfill, with luv frum ally50
quoth the wonder...largish mind wurking furiosly :“So you're one of those conspiracy theorist people? It's all a conspiracy to build a Muslim city in Paris so they can take over the world starting with Paris.“
Wnt to hi scool in Paris, dintja? How else coud reeding skillz pull the word musleem out of what I rote?!! Ans Konspracy well I tell youse what it aint no spiracy iffen itz true, like gay paree payin 250k + to widen someone elsz hiway, righto!?
… so after a hearty meal from mickiez dollar menue, you blathered more:“You are correct there won't be any low rent district there - the whole city inside the loop is low rent - the whole reason the city is going bankrupt. There is nothing to bring anyone to Paris - it is a shithole. Drugs, homeless people, peole wondering the streets at all time day or night. More crime than just about anywhere in the state. Why would anyone want to make it easier to access thugs to decent housing and upstanding citizzens.“
.....You the standup citizzen around hear I betcha got your ten dollar no benefits job and lookin down on the wrest of the wurld ho boy?!!? Iffen you say the hole city inside loop is crud then I guess yore the wun bashing paree not me im just calling out a future history lesson as it will come to pass I no cauz I have crustal balz.
…Ans AFTER A really loudbelch fatty fingers jus kep on showing hiz/her/itz intelligentsia background with more intel, gents…:“…You people on topix bash Paris for these same reasons 24 hours a day - but just when there may be something positive that Paris can be proud of - you start with this Muslim and it will be only for the rich. I am far from rich - but will welcome the change. Too bad a bad apple like you has to try and ruin it for everyone else. If you want low cost house move inside the loop with all the driggies and thugs.”
…..all those thuggee drugs loopy inner sorta includes cty hall, pd,library, schoolz, but heck if they quit spending time poppin for a coupla pills crime cutz in haf. Its called the for profit prison industry in case yor couzin with a record never tole yu. Hoboy paris will be proud of the stink when they dredge ol crooky talk about proud - weuns got a wally and a homer hey clarksvill eat yer hart out. Not to mention detroit
So I axe yu frens did I say musliim what moclim it werent een his idea just some developer started the ball rollin and city planners stopped playin angry birds long enuf to make a crude poster since wen does a surgeon know anything about city planning tho no doubt he is smart and dedicated guy but all politicians are meat for the corporate mill soonr or lter thatz hoe rikki perry went into office with the clothes on his back nd now guess what hes worth millonz.
Hopey you reply mr wunderboy or girl or trangender I aint discrim I shure enjoy reeding yur wrote thank you verry mulch an itz all in good humor were all frenz hear aint we!?.
Christian Preacher

United States

#60 Jan 31, 2013
I cast you into the pitt of fire with the threesomes I've burnt, tortured and drowned in my dungon. Actually it would have been funner to have just cut a comercial for Geiko insurance and posted it. Your trying to hard my dear so grow some wings and fly fly away to where all good flies go. Coma ona leta busta thiz bab un down to da grnd butt zero............
Naked Truth

United States

#61 Jan 31, 2013
How to Repair a Broken Zipper

A garment with a broken zipper is unwearable -- new or old, shabby or not. Instead of abandoning it, repair the zipper, or replace it with a new one.

Tools: needle, sewing scissors needle-nosed pliers, seam ripper, straight pins, sewing machine.

Materials: thread, small safety pin or paper clip, old zipper of similar size; replacement zipper, if required.

Time: 5 to 15 minutes for repair; 1/2 to 1 hour for replacement.

Before you decide to replace a zipper, examine it carefully to see if you can repair it. If a tooth is missing in the upper two-thirds of the zipper's tracks, the zipper should be replaced. If a tooth is missing near the bottom of one of the tracks, zip up the zipper so that the slider is above the damage. Thread a needle and make several stitches around both rows of teeth, just above the missing tooth, to make a new stop for the slider. Stitch over the new stop several times to make sure it's firm.

If the problem is a missing pull tab, check to see whether the slider has a hole where the pull tab was attached. If so, slip a tiny safety pin or paper clip through the hole to serve as a substitute. If there is no hole, try to salvage a clamp-on pull tab from an old zipper of a similar size; put the tab onto the slider with a needle-nosed pliers.

If the slider is off the track on a metal zipper, carefully rip out the stitching around the lower ends of the zipper tapes. Pry off the metal stop at the bottom of the zipper, being careful not to tear the tapes. Remove the zipper foot entirely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baltimore blacks are wild 34 min Combo 1
Ricky Hayes and the PEDC new news 42 min OnTheOtherHand 35
married life 5 hr truth 6
wifes best friend 5 hr i wish 6
Cajun Moon 6 hr Not so CAJUn M... 47
mean people 9 hr cat 3
Wellington point and Pinemill 11 hr J 15
Paris News Endorsements 17 hr Mrs H 14
More from around the web

Paris People Search