List of people currently in Prison fo...

List of people currently in Prison for Intoxicated manslaughter with vehicle

Posted in the Paris Forum

Mother of 3

Paris, TX

#1 Aug 4, 2011
Citizen

Paris, TX

#2 Aug 4, 2011
One more needs to be added to the list.
Shock the Monkey

Austin, TX

#3 Aug 4, 2011
Mother of 3 wrote:
http://www.texastribune.org/li brary/data/texas-prisons/crime s/intoxicated-manslaughter-w-v ehicle/90/?page=4
...and i am sure he will have his day in court. until then you people have got to let this go. i am sure law enforcement is in contact with the young man. and, i am sure going to prison is the least on this young man's mind...afterall, he has been involved in a horrific accident with 2 deceased friends...that is hell in and of itself! praying for the Winns and families affected by this tradgedy.
Interesting

Paris, TX

#4 Aug 4, 2011
Mother of 3 wrote:
http://www.texastribune.org/li brary/data/texas-prisons/crime s/intoxicated-manslaughter-w-v ehicle/90/?page=4
Thanks for this link. You can even see just the Lamar Co. Inmates and crimes.

http://www.texastribune.org/library/data/texa...
OMG

Arlington, TX

#5 Aug 4, 2011
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for this link. You can even see just the Lamar Co. Inmates and crimes.
http://www.texastribune.org/library/data/texa...
Did you see how many were in Lamar Co. as ompared to others? I wouldn;t live in the hellhole of Paris.
Beth Ann

Paris, TX

#6 Aug 4, 2011
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see how many were in Lamar Co. as ompared to others? I wouldn;t live in the hellhole of Paris.
Most interesting thing I've read today, don't you say?
Valde

Dallas, TX

#7 Aug 4, 2011
Shock the Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
...and i am sure he will have his day in court. until then you people have got to let this go. i am sure law enforcement is in contact with the young man. and, i am sure going to prison is the least on this young man's mind...afterall, he has been involved in a horrific accident with 2 deceased friends...that is hell in and of itself! praying for the Winns and families affected by this tradgedy.
Tell that to the family of the DEAD frineds.
observer

Paris, TX

#8 Aug 4, 2011
`I noticed a lot of the ones convicted of Vehicle/manslauter got 20 years. Don't they have to serve at least half of that before parole? Just wondering..
Beth Ann

Paris, TX

#9 Aug 4, 2011
observer wrote:
`I noticed a lot of the ones convicted of Vehicle/manslauter got 20 years. Don't they have to serve at least half of that before parole? Just wondering..
In Texas, Intoxication Manslaughter is a second degree felony which means the range of punishment is from 2-20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. The prosecutors will also allege that the vehicle was used as a deadly weapon which would require a defendant to serve at least half of his calendar time in prison before he is eligible for parole. Prosecutors will look for ways to expand the range of punishment by filing multiple charges if there were multiple victims. These charges can be stacked one on top of the other by the trial court judge. The prosecutors may also attempt to file a murder charge under certain circumstances, to expand the range of punishment to first degree.

Appears so...
Just my thoughts

Princeton, TX

#10 Aug 5, 2011
I've said this before; there won't be a change in the status quo of persons driving intoxicated or impairment challenged until someone whom the court recognizes as a true victim has been killed or severely maimed, & damaged for life. This, unfortunately, is not the first time so many young adults & their families & the entire county has been traumatized. This is a severe tragedy for everyone.
Again, I ask, when is enough, enough already ?
It's time to make our court system do the lawful outcome, not pay it off under the table. After all, didn't R.Price's son just recently get a "get out of jail free card ? Yea, I know it wasn't free.
ooops

Paris, TX

#11 Aug 5, 2011
ooop's, then one just got under the fence on this one.
wouldn't you say.??
the 6TH DISTRICT COURT
Lamar County, Texas
Cause No. 23827
Motivation

Paris, TX

#12 Apr 12, 2012
ooops wrote:
ooop's, then one just got under the fence on this one.
wouldn't you say.??
the 6TH DISTRICT COURT
Lamar County, Texas
Cause No. 23827
This is why Paris is so prejudice. The next time you want to post put sign your name to it so we can talk face to face. Yes I am the family of Cause No. 23827 so keep your racial posts to your self or be a man/woman and come correct. This is only proof that we still live in a society where people are judged by the color of their skin, but let's face it people like you are beneath me.
cash

Clarksville, TX

#13 Apr 12, 2012
Motivation wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why Paris is so prejudice. The next time you want to post put sign your name to it so we can talk face to face. Yes I am the family of Cause No. 23827 so keep your racial posts to your self or be a man/woman and come correct. This is only proof that we still live in a society where people are judged by the color of their skin, but let's face it people like you are beneath me.
put yours on first
cash

Clarksville, TX

#15 Apr 15, 2012
landers got 99
Did you notice

Paris, TX

#16 Apr 15, 2012
Lots of hispanics on that list!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iran nuclear deal 1 hr Truth be told 5
The Donald Trump Effect 3 hr American 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 5 hr Farts 940
Make a Sentence Out Of a 5-Letter Word (Aug '10) 6 hr whatimeisit 3,099
Whew.. a more difficult word game... (Sep '09) 6 hr Vector aka Victor... 7,469
4-Word Game (Oct '09) 6 hr Vector aka Victor... 5,458
Word association? (Sep '08) 6 hr whatimeisit 28,242
Reno New Bussiness 13 hr Give It Away 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages