First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Criminal Choices

Paris, TX

#81 Oct 12, 2012
Well not exactly. There are always hackers on facebook that hi jack.

But Stacy...you are on here too, in case you didn't know, and if you use your real name on here, it's usually not pretty.
Criminal Choices

Paris, TX

#82 Oct 12, 2012
notweak wrote:
Face Book, otherwise known as Fakebook, is a way for immature spoiled kids and adults to hide behind their computer and spew out trash they would never have the guts to say in person. It's a useful tool for a select few who have the sense to control their site, but generally, it's a waste of time.
I know of one office manager in Paris that was fired because she couldn't keep her personal shyte under covers enough because of Fakebook and because she was spending office time updating her trashy statis.
Only if you use it for immature hiding and spewing. I have seen a couple do it. If you get back with them, they will delete you or stop, just like in person. They will either avoid you or act like everything is cool.

Spending office time on facebook would be a reason to get fired, I would think, but what happens on facebook, just like your home, if it is legal, it should not be a job consideration. It's not your jobs business to mess in your affairs, anymore than it would be your business to get into their private business, or the restricted records for that matter.

It's crossing a boundry, they shouldn't want to work both ways.
really

Paris, TX

#83 Oct 13, 2012
notweak wrote:
Face Book, otherwise known as Fakebook, is a way for immature spoiled kids and adults to hide behind their computer and spew out trash they would never have the guts to say in person. It's a useful tool for a select few who have the sense to control their site, but generally, it's a waste of time.
I know of one office manager in Paris that was fired because she couldn't keep her personal shyte under covers enough because of Fakebook and because she was spending office time updating her trashy statis.
Someone was fired because of that? Don't believe it. Do think people should keep their cellphones out of sight during work hours, that is just common courtesy to your employer that's paying you.
Stacy

Euless, TX

#84 Oct 13, 2012
Criminal Choices wrote:
Well not exactly. There are always hackers on facebook that hi jack.

But Stacy...you are on here too, in case you didn't know, and if you use your real name on here, it's usually not pretty.
You are right I do read topix, but rarely comment. There are to many negative people on here that want to do nothing but pick a fight. My point is they would not feel as free to be so hateful if they were not hiding behind their made up names. I never get ugly with anyone. Life is just to short to live it filled with unneeded drama.
Just Sayen

Paris, TX

#85 Oct 13, 2012
The way that I see it is that people are their true selves when no one is looking. If they are kind when no one knows who they are, or if they are mean when no one knows who they are.

Only you know which category you fall into. You can make the world a better place to be, or not no matter if you are on facebook, topix or in person.

In reality what matters is what you know and what you think about yourself.
Road Show

United States

#86 Oct 14, 2012
Just Sayen wrote:
The way that I see it is that people are their true selves when no one is looking. If they are kind when no one knows who they are, or if they are mean when no one knows who they are.
Only you know which category you fall into. You can make the world a better place to be, or not no matter if you are on facebook, topix or in person.
In reality what matters is what you know and what you think about yourself.
What you just said is out of psychology books. Having a witness present changes many people. They can not be themselves. Peir pressure brings out the worse in people. And it is vurtually impossible to please every body, everywhere all the time. People will not confront you about things dirrectly to your face that they will do in front of a crowd to prove their worth. Boby language is totally left out of facebook which place a major role in communication that we take for granted. I have an account but only two people on it, and do not like the idea that their friends can see my shadows should they comment on anything I write. I had rather strangers see personal things than family, because family has the keys to your emotions wheather good or bad. And that can effect your behavior.
Criminal Choices

Paris, TX

#87 Oct 14, 2012
Road Show wrote:
<quoted text> What you just said is out of psychology books. Having a witness present changes many people. They can not be themselves. Peir pressure brings out the worse in people. And it is vurtually impossible to please every body, everywhere all the time. People will not confront you about things dirrectly to your face that they will do in front of a crowd to prove their worth. Boby language is totally left out of facebook which place a major role in communication that we take for granted. I have an account but only two people on it, and do not like the idea that their friends can see my shadows should they comment on anything I write. I had rather strangers see personal things than family, because family has the keys to your emotions wheather good or bad. And that can effect your behavior.
Family holds no such keys unless you allow them to hold the keys. Peer pressure only works if you let it.

It is impossible to please everyone. I wonder about the word and the meaning of confrontation. Communication is sometimes considered confrontation. Getting to the bottom of issues is communication. If someone is avoiding getting to the bottom of those issues, they are lying, and then usually turning around anc calling communication, confrontation.

If they don't want to get to the bottom of those issues, there is usually a reason. They fear losing someone or burning a bridge, but the fact is at that point, it is already lost and won't even be worth salvaging.

The difference comes when those issues has nothing to do with you and you are just being nosey. If someone confronts me with issues that has nothing to do with them or any business related to them, that is a whole other matter, but basically I think most people are just trying to get by and benifit from communication. If they are trying to hurt you with it, it shows.

If family does it cut them off and cut your losses. Once they start it is like a virus that grows. They can do much more harm criminals can because they act like they care, when sometimes they are just using you as a means to their ends.
Criminal Choices

Paris, TX

#88 Oct 14, 2012
Road Show wrote:
<quoted text> What you just said is out of psychology books. Having a witness present changes many people. They can not be themselves. Peir pressure brings out the worse in people. And it is vurtually impossible to please every body, everywhere all the time. People will not confront you about things dirrectly to your face that they will do in front of a crowd to prove their worth. Boby language is totally left out of facebook which place a major role in communication that we take for granted. I have an account but only two people on it, and do not like the idea that their friends can see my shadows should they comment on anything I write. I had rather strangers see personal things than family, because family has the keys to your emotions wheather good or bad. And that can effect your behavior.
I used to be the same way. I don't share much info on there, and I don't post pictures less than twenty or thirty years ago. Someone can lurk through what I say, all they want. If they look for the bad, then they will find it even if you say, have a good day.

That to me shows their bad character...not mine. It's not my responsibility to make them feel good about me or even like me. I'm not there to sell me.
slim shady

Europe

#89 Nov 29, 2012
All my friends plz join ZURKER a new social networking website through this link and earn shares in zurker
http://www.zurker.net/i-422295-rxadeznlpl
Sickening

Grand Prairie, TX

#90 Nov 29, 2012
People are parading their children or themselves on there like they are out for a modeling contract or something. When it is just a chance for some sicko to get ahold of them. People be careful.
not my cup

Paris, TX

#91 Nov 30, 2012
Sickening wrote:
People are parading their children or themselves on there like they are out for a modeling contract or something. When it is just a chance for some sicko to get ahold of them. People be careful.
You have a valid point that many people don't even stop to consider!
Survivor

United States

#92 Nov 30, 2012
I'm just shocked that people on Face Book actually talk about people on Topix and there doing the same thing. Yea you meet the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on both sites but then sometimes you meet someone who is genuine. I don't mind taking the risk of hurt feelings, or someone getting my I.D. I wouldn't put my kids on it when they were young, but now that they are in their late 20tys they put my grandkids. And yes you can meet people face to face who are distasteful. I've meet several asking for gas money followed by do you smoke I sure need a ciggerette. I do believe though that their are more good people than bad people. When people are waiting for a heated conversation to come their way is when there the worst. I think it is just out of boredom. They vent onto someone and actually get emotionally involved over a post. I told one girl not to have a nervious breakdown over Yahoo Chatt once when someone hurt her feelings. Often if your getting frustrated just get up and go for a walk or do some gardening or a hobby project. When you come back you will be in a totally different frame of mind.
Well

Paris, TX

#93 Dec 3, 2012
Well I am shocked that people act the way they do. If you want to date, get a divorce. And why in the world would a single supposedly nice woman date a married man if she could date a single one, may be her reputation. He won't leave his wife for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whew.. a more difficult word game... (Sep '09) 59 min whatimeisit 7,268
getting paid for reporting foodstamp fraud (Jul '10) 1 hr dana 111
Body found on 2648 1 hr Just How it Is 65
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 2 hr _Zoey_ 6,496
cossacks (Sep '12) 4 hr Proud veteran 356
Sympathy for both the Sims and Morrison families 8 hr wondering 16
any mature or married women want to snapchat 10 hr Larry 13

Paris News Video

Paris Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paris News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paris

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:16 am PST

NBC Sports11:16AM
Redskins' RG3 has full practice, probable for game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:54 AM
DeMarco Murray good to go for Sunday
NBC Sports12:42 PM
Could Watt be 1st NFL MVP since Taylor in 1986? - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:04 PM
Romo, Cowboys not backing off against Redskins - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 3:01 PM
Andre Johnson surprised his uncle said he's open to a pay cut