Owner of Speedy Stop and other local ...

Owner of Speedy Stop and other local convenience stores ARRESTED

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Newsflash

Paris, TX

#1 Aug 7, 2012
Details still unfolding, but apparently the guy owes a number of vendors quite a bit of money, such as COCA-COLA, to the extent deliveries were being made on CASH ONLY basis. Apparently two of his convenience stores have already closed and are chained and padlocked up.
Paris, TX

#2 Aug 7, 2012
Heard he was overbearing and arrogant everywhere he went and treated employees very porrly.
Judge Not

Paris, TX

#3 Aug 8, 2012
What was he arrested for? Owing vendors is a civil matter, not a criminal one.
Where

United States

#4 Aug 10, 2012
Shows to have made the arrest report more than once lately.
Newsflash

Paris, TX

#5 Aug 10, 2012
Judge Not wrote:
What was he arrested for? Owing vendors is a civil matter, not a criminal one.
Yes, his refusal to pay his debts has nothing to do with the criminal charges he faces. Thanx Sherlock, you are a very good Dick Tracy.
sum1whoknows

Paris, TX

#6 Aug 20, 2012
i jus tried to cash my last payroll check frm him n peoples bank wld not let me

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#7 Aug 20, 2012
Newsflash wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, his refusal to pay his debts has nothing to do with the criminal charges he faces. Thanx Sherlock, you are a very good Dick Tracy.
What he's saying is that whatever it was, he wasn't just arrested for owing money. They can't arrest you just because you owe someone a bunch of money; there has to be a criminal element to it, and simply being in debt is not a crime.
Static

Dallas, TX

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Was it maybe theft by check?
huh

Rockwall, TX

#9 Aug 20, 2012
Hindering Secured Creditor?
Intresting

Paris, TX

#10 Aug 20, 2012
What happened to the old Ford grocery and meat market on 25th and Bonham? It has closed did he own this store?
Justice

Paris, TX

#11 Aug 22, 2012
Maybe this is the first step in restoring convenience stores to REAL AMERICANS and not a bunch of Middle Easterners (to be polite) who are taking over businesses nationwide.
lmao

Paris, TX

#12 Aug 22, 2012
Nobody Gets It wrote:
<quoted text>
What he's saying is that whatever it was, he wasn't just arrested for owing money. They can't arrest you just because you owe someone a bunch of money; there has to be a criminal element to it, and simply being in debt is not a crime.
"They can't arrest you just because you owe someone a bunch of money;"

..........somebody done went and lied to you!
just wondering

United States

#13 Aug 22, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
"They can't arrest you just because you owe someone a bunch of money;"
..........somebody done went and lied to you!
\You gotta be shi##ing me. Some one would lie on topix. What is becoming of the place.
Reality-Check

Paris, TX

#14 Aug 23, 2012
While there are no longer any debtors prisons, unpaid merchandise could be considered theft of goods maybe?
yep

Paris, TX

#15 Aug 23, 2012
Reality-Check wrote:
While there are no longer any debtors prisons, unpaid merchandise could be considered theft of goods maybe?
I know of a business owner in another town that was charged with theft of service for not paying a vendor. Don't really know if they just didn't pay, couldn't pay or what, but got in trouble for it.
dd

Rockwall, TX

#16 Aug 25, 2012
Anything new?? They need to hurry and close that damn store on Bonham and 7th
sissy

Paris, TX

#17 Aug 29, 2012
Is the laundromat on 7th already shut down I went a few minutes ago and it was chained up and had a lock?
50-50 see

Paris, TX

#19 Aug 29, 2012
Me thinks you answered your on question.
sissy wrote:
Is the laundromat on 7th already shut down I went a few minutes ago and it was chained up and had a lock?
PoPo

Clarksville, TX

#20 Aug 29, 2012
I know the crime rate was cut in half after the one on Clarksville next to the Dollar Store Closed. What's up with that?
pielover

Paris, TX

#21 Aug 29, 2012
PoPo wrote:
I know the crime rate was cut in half after the one on Clarksville next to the Dollar Store Closed. What's up with that?
Heard crackheads were bombarding the store buying those cheap roses in little glass bottles which were used as crack pipes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yantis 12 min Grisham 10
Sick of Marie Osmond Commercial (Nov '13) 13 min Ruby 51
Murder this morning 1 hr Grisham 36
Paris police officer 1 hr Grisham 283
Judge Bill Harris.. Don't know the law!!!! (Apr '12) 1 hr Grisham 156
Lori Stewart 2 hr Grisham 2
Anytime fitness vs. Paris Aquatics 2 hr Grisham 39
Upscale restaurants in Paris? 2 hr Grisham 28
Negroes Hate America 3 hr The Color Pink 24
10 Things You Like, 10 Things You Dislike (Jun '08) Sep 20 The Truth 190