United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

I don't think we have to worry about a merger. If the board president is too stupid to get the item properly added to the agenda, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to talk NL into a merger.
OldWhitey

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Enrollment at PISD 2011- 3687
Enrollment at NLISD 2011- 2920
Combined Enrollment - 6607

(rounded)
Assets PISD - 78,264,000
Liabilities PISD 61,933,000
Net Assets PISD 16,331,000

Assets NLISD 36,602,000
Liabilities NLISD 7,085,000
Net Assets NLISD 29,516,000

Combined Assets 114,866,000
Combined Liabilities 69,018,000
Net Assets Combined 45,847,000

Looks like PISD does have more debit. It also has more than twice the assets of NLISD. It would be foolish to think NLISD would not have to incur the same debt or more to replace some of its aging school sites. The per capita cost goes down dramatically with the size of a district.
Anon

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Ugh. I hope they don't consolidate, and if they do they keep PISD'S academic program. We moved and changed districts because my kids were not being challenged at NL...in fact they were bored! While there are issues with Paris, it is a much better place for a gifted child!
Wowowowowow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

For the record: this shit has nothing to do with Obama or politics or race or any of that other filth. This has to do with the kids in this county and how they will be affected by the consolidation. Personally, i agree that if PISD incurred the debt, they need to handle the issue of their own accord. If they can build a brand new high school with all the new bells & whistles, then they should be plenty able to figure it out. But if the consolidation is necessary then North Lamar shouldnt be the school to bear the burden. They need help themselves as it stands.
yups

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

poor poor NL white boys and girls will have to sit the bench now...
come on

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Syndee wrote:
<quoted text>
Way back when NL was all county schools...PISD snubbed their nose at consolidation...did not want bus routes and country hicks. Well, NL showed them over the years.. PISD....take your dose of medicine and bail yourself out.
They "snubbed their nose" because they didn't want "country hicks"?? Are you serious?? All of Lamar county is full of nothing but hicks. Paris is a small hick town not a city. More like an inbred medieval village if anything.
more info please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Can we get a breakdown of those assets? How much of that is the new high school and football shrine?
OldWhitey wrote:
Enrollment at PISD 2011- 3687
Enrollment at NLISD 2011- 2920
Combined Enrollment - 6607
(rounded)
Assets PISD - 78,264,000
Liabilities PISD 61,933,000
Net Assets PISD 16,331,000
Assets NLISD 36,602,000
Liabilities NLISD 7,085,000
Net Assets NLISD 29,516,000
Combined Assets 114,866,000
Combined Liabilities 69,018,000
Net Assets Combined 45,847,000
Looks like PISD does have more debit. It also has more than twice the assets of NLISD. It would be foolish to think NLISD would not have to incur the same debt or more to replace some of its aging school sites. The per capita cost goes down dramatically with the size of a district.
Tax payer

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

yups wrote:
Why would you say something like that? First of all, school is for teaching our children so they can become productive citizens in society. The main purpose is not whether or not they play sports. I for one think that the tax paying public is paying way too much for extra curricular activities.
We as adults should be thinking how we are going to educate our children, and not make the tax burden so great that we run off all the businesses in the communities doing it.
You can not continue to just raise taxes every time you need more funds. If we as a county continue to do things in the same manner we will get the same results. We need bold leaders that will take the rains an lead us in a new direction the will accomplish both goals.
hollie

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

well all i have to say if north lamar and paris merge im pullling my kids out and sticking them in prairiland. Dont want them to be in all the dramma over blacks and white and plus to many blacks go to paris school dont want my kids to get pregent by one
Tax payer

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

hollie wrote:
well all i have to say if north lamar and paris merge im pullling my kids out and sticking them in prairiland. Dont want them to be in all the dramma over blacks and white and plus to many blacks go to paris school dont want my kids to get pregent by one
Hollie,if you sit back and read what you wrote I would hope that you see that a comment like that does not solve any problems, only creates more. Educating our children should always remain the top priority of every parent.
hollie

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

all im trying to say is black always try to get with a white women bc they think they can they will kee on an on about it untill they say yes
OldWhitey

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

more info please wrote:
Can we get a breakdown of those assets? How much of that is the new high school and football shrine?
<quoted text>
About 54 million is included in the asset/liability. Its online at TEA website. Had Paris not just built the new high school, it had about the same debt as NL. I was just pointing out the debt is higher, but PISD has net assets. NL will be in the same boat in a few years when they ask to build or replace. The problem is not one of finance, it's of acceptance.

The parent above who will send their child to Prairiland should this happen. They need to find out more on the advantages of both PISD and NLISD over Chisum and Prairiland. Students who want to excel receive a much higher quality of education need PISD or NLISD. I have experience with all of them through my children, grandchildren, and other family members.
cash

Blossom, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

OldWhitey wrote:
<quoted text>About 54 million is included in the asset/liability. Its online at TEA website. Had Paris not just built the new high school, it had about the same debt as NL. I was just pointing out the debt is higher, but PISD has net assets. NL will be in the same boat in a few years when they ask to build or replace. The problem is not one of finance, it's of acceptance.
The parent above who will send their child to Prairiland should this happen. They need to find out more on the advantages of both PISD and NLISD over Chisum and Prairiland. Students who want to excel receive a much higher quality of education need PISD or NLISD. I have experience with all of them through my children, grandchildren, and other family members.
where do you get stats on students to see what they accomplished after high school
big lips

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

it be easy gettin in a white girl draws. she sent this big ol swoll i call "chevy" cuz chevy runs deep.
shoot i be driving a white girl all night.
cc and me

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

hollie wrote:
all im trying to say is black always try to get with a white women bc they think they can they will kee on an on about it untill they say yes
... you must have said "yes"
hard up bubba

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

come on wrote:
<quoted text>
They "snubbed their nose" because they didn't want "country hicks"?? Are you serious?? All of Lamar county is full of nothing but hicks. Paris is a small hick town not a city. More like an inbred medieval village if anything.
...and erbody be kin, shucks me my lil lins is be in the same grade. I onest thunk that i was the only bumpkin in the tire school but jess dis year der be another kin. her name is wilma franks and her breff stanks. she come up from the direct bottoms of norff paris. she purdy
yups2

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

yups wrote:
poor poor PISD black kids going to have to learn to read and do basic math...
OldWhitey

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

cash wrote:
<quoted text>where do you get stats on students to see what they accomplished after high school
Here are two links. One is the website, the other is breakdown of those who attend college from area schools. Notice PISD numbers.
http://www.thecb.state.tx.us//Reports/Docfetc...

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us//Reports/Docfetc...
OldWhitey

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Cash, think the same link posted.
Earl

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Interesting, but the numbers of those going to college should be broken down into to categories: 4 year universities and colleges, and 2 year institutions.

Comunity colleges (and PJC falls into this category as I understand) generally have an open enrollement policy. That is, all one needs to get in is a HS or HS equivalent and some money.

They do no reqire "good" GPA or ACT or SAT scores.

Four year institutions have standards that must be met to get accepted. They do not have open enrollement.

Thus, in PISD's defense, here is the breakdown of numbers...and of course, one must consider the number of graduates, but the graph I saw did not provide that info:

Chisum: 10 going to insitutions with real entrance standards.

North Lamar: 21 going to institutions with real entrance standards.

PISD: 26 goint to institutions with real entrance stadards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of56
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

127 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
trash off/comm. service 39 min the criminal 26
Why doesn't Gary Preston, principal, live in Pa... 1 hr Easy Answer 78
Gasoline reported stolen from postal vans in Paris 1 hr Facts 5
guard at k c 1 hr BeforeYouWreckYourself 6
report drinking 1 hr law dogs 5
Are You A ==BORN AGAIN ===LIAR (Mar '13) 1 hr Wisker Maxx 63
panda express 2 hr like panda 108
Wreck by the dam at Pat Mayse 6 hr cash 201
How much does anytime fitness cost per month?? (Oct '10) 17 hr tiara 303