Paris and North Lamar School merger i...

Paris and North Lamar School merger in 2013

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
oh dear

United States

#1 Sep 5, 2012
http://theparisnews.com/news/article_d7c7e720...

Mr. Fisher,
Wouldn't it make more sense to try and get your house (school district) in order first? What things have led up to this trouble? What can be changed? Maybe look at your budget and see if there is room for improvement before you look elsewhere for a bailout? I know your beloved US president has many people fooled into thinking they deserve handouts and bailouts and free services for nothing, but get your act together first before you try to drag your stink into someone else's house.
I would vote for it

Paris, TX

#2 Sep 5, 2012
that is a great idea!!!
oh dear

United States

#3 Sep 5, 2012
why?
Gisele

Paris, TX

#4 Sep 5, 2012
oh dear wrote:
http://theparisnews.com/news/a rticle_d7c7e720-f76e-11e1-94c4 -001a4bcf887a.html
Mr. Fisher,
Wouldn't it make more sense to try and get your house (school district) in order first? What things have led up to this trouble? What can be changed? Maybe look at your budget and see if there is room for improvement before you look elsewhere for a bailout? I know your beloved US president has many people fooled into thinking they deserve handouts and bailouts and free services for nothing, but get your act together first before you try to drag your stink into someone else's house.
Do I detect a smidge of veiled racism in your post? Do you personally know Mr. Fisher's politics or are you just assuming that because he is black, Obama is his "beloved US president?"
Sunrise

Arlington, TX

#5 Sep 5, 2012
oh dear wrote:
http://theparisnews.com/news/a rticle_d7c7e720-f76e-11e1-94c4 -001a4bcf887a.html
Mr. Fisher,
I wonder why he thinks another school district will want to take on their debt and other problems?
Not really

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Sep 5, 2012
Yea yea everything is about race same ole tired drivel Why in the world would north Lamar want to inherit Paris highs enormous debit.
Exactly

Euless, TX

#7 Sep 5, 2012
I'm sorry but what exactly does Paris bring to the table? Debt, debt, a top heavy school system, and more debt. What a joke! Run NL, run as fast as you can!
PISD

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Sep 5, 2012
They should make Trull pay out of his own pocket. Greed gets you nowhere...
MadMom

United States

#9 Sep 5, 2012
Both schools are over crowded. Each school has its good and bad consolidating isnt going to help anything. Both schools lack the funding they need to give our kids the best...go to bigger cities and check out their schools.
MadMom

United States

#10 Sep 5, 2012
And quit sinking all the money you do get into sports!
As if

Euless, TX

#11 Sep 5, 2012
It's just a proposal. Been talked about for 30 years. Never gonna happen unless the State mandates it. But I guess it gives people something to talk about!
Syndee

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Sep 5, 2012
Not really wrote:
Yea yea everything is about race same ole tired drivel Why in the world would north Lamar want to inherit Paris highs enormous debit.
Way back when NL was all county schools...PISD snubbed their nose at consolidation...did not want bus routes and country hicks. Well, NL showed them over the years.. PISD....take your dose of medicine and bail yourself out.
cash

Clarksville, TX

#13 Sep 5, 2012
53 million reasons to say no
poster

Emory, TX

#14 Sep 5, 2012
Gisele wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I detect a smidge of veiled racism in your post? Do you personally know Mr. Fisher's politics or are you just assuming that because he is black, Obama is his "beloved US president?"
Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.

Based on these numbers, I would say that there is a 96% chance that he is the beloved of Fisher. See any racism in that vote?
As if

Euless, TX

#15 Sep 5, 2012
poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.
Based on these numbers, I would say that there is a 96% chance that he is the beloved of Fisher. See any racism in that vote?
There is racism in your COMMENT to Mr. Fisher, referring to President Obama as his "beloved President." Yes, the statistics state that a high majority of blacks voted for President Obama. But that doesn't prove that George Fisher did. You made an assumption, which though statistically probable, is not, indeed, factual. You then took that assumption and headed down some other road.
reader

Blossom, TX

#16 Sep 6, 2012
Gisele wrote:
<quoted text>
It is probably based on the published interview , the same one I read.
votes

Blossom, TX

#17 Sep 6, 2012
Gisele wrote:
<quoted text>
this type of rebuttal does nothing but foster "racism". disagreement with a person or policy does not indicate racism.
some people use racism as an excuse for their own shortcomings and failures.
how2doit

Paris, TX

#18 Sep 6, 2012
Do not dump pisd kids on nl, divide them up between nl and chism right down the middle of the economically disadvantaged neighborhoods. Dawson is not going to be at NL much longer and anyone new will just be a big fat scapegoat.

Now,$50+ million in debt, divide it up too between all schools in the county. Yes, even prailand and roxton.
cash

Clarksville, TX

#19 Sep 6, 2012
how2doit wrote:
Do not dump pisd kids on nl, divide them up between nl and chism right down the middle of the economically disadvantaged neighborhoods. Dawson is not going to be at NL much longer and anyone new will just be a big fat scapegoat.
Now,$50+ million in debt, divide it up too between all schools in the county. Yes, even prailand and roxton.
paris accured the debt let them pay it
Poll

Paris, TX

#20 Sep 6, 2012
theparisnews.com has an online poll about this... according to "their" poll most people are in favor of the merger

??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is something wrong with paris water 2 hr Kuddos 17
Missing woman 2 hr May not matter 10
where oh where has hospital head gone 6 hr Sue 22
Things country people do to have fun (Oct '11) 8 hr Boal 79
Diapers and swap shop 9 hr Ex shopper 6
audumn ray 16 hr mmmm 1
Whew.. a more difficult word game... (Sep '09) 18 hr Vector aka Victor... 7,411
More from around the web

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE