Cops at Walmart
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lucy Lou

United States

#1 Dec 17, 2012
I was getting out of my car today at Paris Walmart,and one of the managers were holding a woman up against her truck against her will. A undercover worker was helping the manager hold this lady pinned to her truck. They were accusing her of stealing a trampoline. They were screaming in her face to shut up. She was just yelling let me go your hurting me. I understand if she was stealing sum thing she needed to get arrested, cops did finally get there. But the Walmart workers are not cops. I didn't see a trampoline and where around them. I just don't see how the manager can ruff someone up like that. Craziest stuff I've ever seen. They could have just got her license plates or something . Didn't know they had that kind of authority!
nope

Luling, TX

#3 Dec 18, 2012
I call bull crap. They are not going to be yelling about stolen merchandise for everyone to hear. Yes they do follow shoplifters out but they try to keep it as low profike as possible and a TRAMPOLINE. Lol. good touch to the story. I like it. Its a bit far fetched. It would have been better if you would have said she had stolen a microwave and had it hid in her bra. Or she had stolen a 57 " plasma tv and it was under her moo moo. you could build a story off something like that but a trampoline? Not much to go with there. Hey that gives me an idea. why dont we start a story. Everyone can add to it. Heck we might come up with a great book.
Alert

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Don't doubt that it happened pretty much the way the original poster said it did. WalMart loses over a thousand dollars a week to shoplifting, and I would imagine anyone working at management level gets fed up with it. Did the employees in question overstep their bounds? Probably. Can the woman sue them successfully? Maybe, maybe not. Much of the outcome would depend on if she was actually seen in person or by surveillance camera trying to steal the trampoline, and even then a good attorney might be able to establish that the level of force the employees used was excessive (if as described ib the first post). I would not count on this "citizen arrest" concept holding much water in real court, although a security guard may arguably have more authority to use force than another employee. One should not be deluded into thinking that the average citizen possesses the same powers of arrest that a law enforcement officer does.
nope

United States

#5 Dec 18, 2012
But a tramoline?????
HAHAHAHA

Clarksville, TX

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Ok for your information I work at Wal-Mart in Paris and was at the scene when it happened and yes she was trying to steal a trampoline and yes we have every right to detain her until the police get there if she doesn't want to cooperate with the loss prevention associate which she was not.She tried to run so they detained her and the police showed up and was just as rough if not rougher than we were the trampoline was pushed back inside so the other female didn't try running with it. The police reviewed video and they both went to jail. So if you don't know the real facts shut up and mind your own business Wal-Mart did exactly what we were supposed to do.
Bill

Paris, TX

#8 Dec 18, 2012
HAHAHAHA wrote:
Ok for your information I work at Wal-Mart in Paris and was at the scene when it happened and yes she was trying to steal a trampoline and yes we have every right to detain her until the police get there if she doesn't want to cooperate with the loss prevention associate which she was not.She tried to run so they detained her and the police showed up and was just as rough if not rougher than we were the trampoline was pushed back inside so the other female didn't try running with it. The police reviewed video and they both went to jail. So if you don't know the real facts shut up and mind your own business Wal-Mart did exactly what we were supposed to do.
Okay how does someone steal a trampoline?
needy

Paris, TX

#9 Dec 18, 2012
Lucy Lou wrote:
I was getting out of my car today at Paris Walmart,and one of the managers were holding a woman up against her truck against her will. A undercover worker was helping the manager hold this lady pinned to her truck. They were accusing her of stealing a trampoline. They were screaming in her face to shut up. She was just yelling let me go your hurting me. I understand if she was stealing sum thing she needed to get arrested, cops did finally get there. But the Walmart workers are not cops. I didn't see a trampoline and where around them. I just don't see how the manager can ruff someone up like that. Craziest stuff I've ever seen. They could have just got her license plates or something . Didn't know they had that kind of authority!
You're a dumbazz!
great

Mustang, OK

#10 Dec 18, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be very naive. They walk out the door with it just as they do with other large objects like tv's or anything that won't fit in a bag. No one is at the door to check the receipt. Lots of stolen merchandise walks right out the front door. Criminals are stupid butbold and sometimes bold gets it done but oother times an asset protection associate is watching and following you so when you do make your intent clear the police can be called and arrest you.
HAHAHAHA

Clarksville, TX

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Ty great well said and for u Bill first she tried going out the garden center and when asked for her receipt she said her boyfriend had it then the asset protection man let her go back in and then he followed her as she walked out the GM doors then he stopped her as she was walking across the parking lot with it.
LOL

Paris, TX

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Lucy Lou wrote:
You don't know the whole story. Didn't know it was any of your business anyway!
LOL

Paris, TX

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
They put it on a cart and walk out the door with it. Surely you realize that it was in a box and not set up ready for the backyard?
Native American

Paris, TX

#14 Dec 18, 2012
To many thin skinned people today. She got what she deserved, she's a thief. What they should have done was body slam her azz on the ground and sat on her until the police arrived. I hate thief's!!!
Not really

Houston, TX

#15 Dec 18, 2012
Lucy Lou wrote:
there is a lot of things you don't know
Not really

Houston, TX

#16 Dec 18, 2012
HAHAHAHA wrote:
well said
shopper

Eucha, OK

#17 Dec 18, 2012
Alert wrote:
Don't doubt that it happened pretty much the way the original poster said it did. WalMart loses over a thousand dollars a week to shoplifting, and I would imagine anyone working at management level gets fed up with it. Did the employees in question overstep their bounds? Probably. Can the woman sue them successfully? Maybe, maybe not. Much of the outcome would depend on if she was actually seen in person or by surveillance camera trying to steal the trampoline, and even then a good attorney might be able to establish that the level of force the employees used was excessive (if as described ib the first post). I would not count on this "citizen arrest" concept holding much water in real court, although a security guard may arguably have more authority to use force than another employee. One should not be deluded into thinking that the average citizen possesses the same powers of arrest that a law enforcement officer does.
The latest data I could find indicated that in 2006 , all the Walmart stores in the US averaged a daily loss of $7,526.72 per DAY.
They have to make this up by higher prices.
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

#18 Dec 18, 2012
Lucy Lou wrote:
You're an idiot! What would you do if someone stole from you? Just get a license plate number or maybe, if you could, attempt to stop them. They have the right to protect their property! Let me guess.....you are a liberal! Spread the wealth, right?
seeinghowitis

Sulphur Bluff, TX

#19 Dec 18, 2012
HAHAHAHA wrote:
prevention associate? We all know who that is. He gives me the creeps walking around--watching everyone! I would never steal anything....he makes me nervous and I'm not even doing anything wrong.
seeinghowitis

Sulphur Bluff, TX

#20 Dec 18, 2012
wonder why they just have someone standing at the door checking receipts...instead of walking around watching everyone.
Ray

United States

#21 Dec 18, 2012
Was at wal-mart this mornin and again cops everywhere. I walked in and it was pandamonium, people screaming and running around. I had no idea what was going on then all the sudden what did I see? There was a man runnin thru the store with nothin on but his Nikes. I hollered at my wife, DONT LOOK ETHYLLLLLLL! but itvwas too late. She had done been mooned. Then he took off down the produce aisle. boogida boogida.
great

Mustang, OK

#22 Dec 18, 2012
seeinghowitis wrote:
<quoted text>
prevention associate? We all know who that is. He gives me the creeps walking around--watching everyone! I would never steal anything....he makes me nervous and I'm not even doing anything wrong.
I've been followed before and it didn't bother me at all. It's thier job and if you aren't doing anything wrong there'snothing to be nervous about. They watch for women with big purses which is why I assume I've been watched before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Campbells soup STD's 38 min Justsaying 27
When is Tony Mullens getting out of Jail 40 min Karma 10
Hashmi Hospital Biggest Rip-Off? (Sep '15) 1 hr Dirk 27
Betrayed already by Trump! 4 hr Political Atheist 26
Results Companies full of Losers & Scum 7 hr beenaround 9
Entire Family Arrested Thread Censored 10 hr Up all Night 1
Word Association? Part II (Apr '09) 15 hr whatimeisit 4,985

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance