cruise ship stranded
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nocruises

Paris, TX

#1 Feb 11, 2013
I would not want to be one of those Paris people stranded on that ship!
Maybe

Paris, TX

#2 Feb 11, 2013
Doesn't sound like that bad of a deal really. According to news reports, a lot of the RR are functioning and some of the elevators are working. Another cruise ship that was nearby is helping to supply food and the buffet is functioning. They are giving a full refund, a voucher good for a free cruise, reimbursing for the cost of all tavel expenses plus reimbursing for money spent onboard(except for the casino and liquor). I think I could live with a little discomfort for a few days to get my money back plus a future free cruise. I realize not everyone will feel this way but then I am not a drama type person.
Mule loper

Paris, TX

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Can you imagine the sanitation issues? eeewwww!
Maybe wrote:
Doesn't sound like that bad of a deal really. According to news reports, a lot of the RR are functioning and some of the elevators are working. Another cruise ship that was nearby is helping to supply food and the buffet is functioning. They are giving a full refund, a voucher good for a free cruise, reimbursing for the cost of all tavel expenses plus reimbursing for money spent onboard(except for the casino and liquor). I think I could live with a little discomfort for a few days to get my money back plus a future free cruise. I realize not everyone will feel this way but then I am not a drama type person.
sports fan

Rockwall, TX

#4 Feb 12, 2013
About four years ago, we took a cruise on that ship to the Mexican Riviera, and I remember that we had engine trouble on the way back and actually "crawled" back to Galveston at about half speed. Needless to say, we missed our flight out of Hobby, and we and others, like to have never rescheduled. I'm not surprised that this happened this week, as I wasn't too thrilled with Carnival.
Experience

Paris, TX

#5 Feb 12, 2013
I wouldn't go on a Carnival cruise if it was free. No thanks!
BBHC

Spring, TX

#6 Feb 12, 2013
I'd be afraid of pirates or terrorists descending on the ship. Was there a coast guard (Mexican or US) on station while it was floating around aimlessly?

Then there's the question of who's keeping order onboard. There's a fine thread between civilization and the law of the jungle.
LMAO

Caddo Mills, TX

#7 Feb 12, 2013
BBHC wrote:
I'd be afraid of pirates
ROTFLMAO
Don't watch this video, it would render you catatonic!

Well

Paris, TX

#8 Feb 12, 2013
We've been on 12 Carnival cruises and they have been great vacations. We've sailed with them for years.
Mule loper

Paris, TX

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Less than 2 dozen working toilets....doing their business in plastic bags and setting it in the hall ay.eewww!
Mule loper

Paris, TX

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Luckily you're not on the Triumph.
Well wrote:
We've been on 12 Carnival cruises and they have been great vacations. We've sailed with them for years.
Experience

Paris, TX

#11 Feb 13, 2013
Well wrote:
We've been on 12 Carnival cruises and they have been great vacations. We've sailed with them for years. I prefer LUXURY cruises not cheap ones.
I prefer LUXURY cruises not cheap ones.

“This too shall pass”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12 Feb 13, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO
Don't watch this video, it would render you catatonic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7R6yQybxEI8XX
Capt. Jack Sparrow, he's a hoot. Johnny Depp is such a good actor.
Well

Paris, TX

#13 Feb 13, 2013
Experience wrote:
<quoted text> I prefer LUXURY cruises not cheap ones.
What's your idea of luxury cruise lines? We've also sailed Norwegian, Disney and Costa and actually prefer Carnival. The employees are much nicer, the ships are cleaner and the food is much better.
Mule loper

Paris, TX

#14 Feb 14, 2013
I bet they're people on the Triumph that would disagree with you this morning.
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your idea of luxury cruise lines? We've also sailed Norwegian, Disney and Costa and actually prefer Carnival. The employees are much nicer, the ships are cleaner and the food is much better.
Mule loper

Paris, TX

#15 Feb 14, 2013
Lot's of doubters on this topic? have you not been listening to people that have called the news stations?
cash

Clarksville, TX

#16 Feb 14, 2013
it bushes fault
wildcat

Arlington, TX

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Experience wrote:
<quoted text> I prefer LUXURY cruises not cheap ones.
That's awfully arrogant for someone living in Paris TX lol
Really

Paris, TX

#18 Feb 15, 2013
wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awfully arrogant for someone living in Paris TX lol
Your statement is arrogant. There are plenty of people in Paris that can afford luxury cruises. Not everyone in Irving can though, right?
wildcat

Arlington, TX

#19 Feb 15, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement is arrogant. There are plenty of people in Paris that can afford luxury cruises. Not everyone in Irving can though, right?
Irving and every other Suburb/city in the metroplex is far superior to Paris in every way. You swine are laughable country bumpkin trash that are nothing more than an embarrassment to Texas, the united states and the human race as a whole.
Mule loper

Paris, TX

#20 Feb 15, 2013
That's not nice.
wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Irving and every other Suburb/city in the metroplex is far superior to Paris in every way. You swine are laughable country bumpkin trash that are nothing more than an embarrassment to Texas, the united states and the human race as a whole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother of the Month 23 min Oh lawd 52
Remember Officer Wooten that patroled Mirabeau (Feb '09) 32 min Paris Native 32
Reward for Inquisitor 1 hr ohmymy 2
Was God a Christian? 3 hr needforreality 759
Favorite Bible Verses (Mar '11) 3 hr needforreality 283
Ted Cruz is a Liar 3 hr Tactics 86
Donuld Crummp fer Prezzidunt 4 hr Ramblin Jack 16

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages