Metro PCS vs. Straight Talk

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Deedeedee

United States

#1 Apr 5, 2012
Ppl have been telling me that Straight Talk is better than Metro and cheaper too? Is the Internet as good or better? Your opinions, plz? Thanks.
yep

Paris, TX

#2 Apr 5, 2012
metro = sprint towers
straight talk = verizon towers

sprint towers are why I left them.

S.T. all the way.
butch

Summerfield, FL

#4 Jun 13, 2012
yep wrote:
metro = sprint towers
straight talk = verizon towers
sprint towers are why I left them.
S.T. all the way.
Actually, STalk has agreements with multiple carriers. If you buy their sim card, it only works in NON Verizon phones. Yet they have some adroid phones you can purchase that are on the Verizon network. It will really depend on the coverage that is available in your area.
Tee

United States

#5 Jun 26, 2012
Do not buy straight talk there a ripoff. False advertising and will shut your cell phone off for no apparent reason.I've been with straight Talk for a year an they were awesome at first they come out with a $60 international card which doesn't say register your phone but guess what they shut my phone off twice claiming it wasn't registered when I spoke too there service people who gave the okay i'm all set. Well come to find out I wasn't and they never apologize. Oh and there Android watch out worker at Walmart told me there phones are refurbished.
been good to me

Paris, TX

#6 Jun 26, 2012
For 30.00 or 45.00 plus tax, NO CONTRACT and good reliable service, I have recommended to dozens of people to change. You can pay it over the phone, bank draft or buy a service card at walmart.
been good to me

Paris, TX

#7 Jun 26, 2012
Sorry, I didnt mention, its Straight Talk, also unlimited talk, text and net.
Bubba Crow

Paris, TX

#8 Jun 26, 2012
I prefer smoke signals.
Look to the north.
That is all.
Flower child

Paris, TX

#9 Jun 26, 2012
Where do you get Straight Talk?
kriss42562

Kansas City, MO

#10 Dec 6, 2012
Don't by straight talk, unlimited data is very limited and they will shut you off if you go over
Joebama

United States

#11 Jan 22, 2013
ST is way better, and they do have a limitation on there date, it's three gigs, but if you hit it and receive a warning text message, you just call CS and let them know you need additional gig they will add it, one gig at a time. So it truly is unlimited. I have an AT&T iPhone w a ST sim in it. So basically your getting AT&T service for a fraction of a cost. Oh yes did I mention, if you choose the AT&T sim and put it in an AT&T phone, it's the only sim plan they offer that also roams at no additional charge. ST is a no brainier, cheap and quality is great. Can't beat it.
jodi

Rockwall, TX

#12 Jan 22, 2013
Joebama wrote:
ST is way better, and they do have a limitation on there date, it's three gigs, but if you hit it and receive a warning text message, you just call CS and let them know you need additional gig they will add it, one gig at a time. So it truly is unlimited. I have an AT&T iPhone w a ST sim in it. So basically your getting AT&T service for a fraction of a cost. Oh yes did I mention, if you choose the AT&T sim and put it in an AT&T phone, it's the only sim plan they offer that also roams at no additional charge. ST is a no brainier, cheap and quality is great. Can't beat it.
I agree. Straight talk is good but your iPhone has to be unlocked and I couldn't receive or send pics. Also slow data
downtime

United States

#13 Jan 22, 2013
Joebama wrote:
I was thinking of doing this, but do you have to fulfill you're contract with AT&T to have your phone "un-locked"
yep

Marble Falls, TX

#14 Jan 23, 2013
I have ST and I am pleased. Very cheap compared to the major services. The only down side us the data is a little slow and I do have a problem getting signal in some areas. As far as which tower , it depends on the phone you use. Some of the st phones use verizon towers, some use sprint.
icedager72289

Marianna, AR

#15 Apr 1, 2013
if you think of getting straight talk for the unlimited data don't. they say there unlimited but that is false they cute off my internet in the 1 week. they told me that i will get my internet back on phone once i pay for my next service.
icedager72289

Marianna, AR

#16 Apr 1, 2013
Metro want shut off you service in tell your month is up. straight talk wireless will shut phone off if they fill like it.
well then

United States

#17 Apr 1, 2013
ppl bad mouthing strsight talk is unfounded to a certain degree. My wife and I both have st and have had it for a while. They have never cut either one of us off at any time. We both have the 45.00 a month unlimited plan and its never been cut off. I will say my job allows me lots of free time and I use my phone and the net on it constantly. So I dont believe the cut iff post. I will say that the data services are slow on straight talk. They use both sprint and verizon towers depending on the phone you buy. I intentionally bought a phone with verizon tower and it hasnt mattered. Still very slow. Other than thatits a good cheap plan. I have no doubts you can get better service but you would pay much more.
Katrina Martin

United States

#18 Aug 26, 2013
I have straight talk & Android phone.
Since I have been in Paris for over a month I can't
call out, but I can receive calls. I can text & get on the internet. Don't get straight talk if u live in Paris. Lived in Dallas, never had any problem calling out EVER!
hello1313

Moorhead, MN

#19 Aug 26, 2013
hi
mvp

Gainesville, FL

#20 Oct 21, 2013
I'm ditching straight talk for metro. I got a phone withthe Verizon towers. People I talk to tell me I sound like I'm submerged under water. Its like Verizon gives American Mobil scraps off their towers. If I'm gonna go cheap, I might as well go with metro. $40 includes taxes and fees not to mention it's for a whole month. Straight talk cuts me off 30 days later. There are months that have 31 days you know
leslie

United States

#21 Oct 24, 2013
jodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Straight talk is good but your iPhone has to be unlocked and I couldn't receive or send pics. Also slow data
If you have an At&t Straight Talk sim, then if you get an AT&T phone you do not have to get the phone unlocked however if you have a tmobile straight talk sim card then you would have to get the phone unlocked only if it was not t mobile phone. So basically if you have AT&T straight talk sim it will work with an AT&T phone without having to be unlocked. If you have tmobile straight talk sim with a tmobile phone it would not have to be unlocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Doesn't Paris Have Uber Drivers? 3 hr Rider 1
When Trump Wins 3 hr Blocked by mods 12
Ground Breaking 4 hr Funny 3
Poor Little Mark 5 hr No Impact 3
Bodacious BBQ 5 hr Peaches 2
NL homecoming 7 hr Peewee coach 4
Paris Wildcats Vs Argyle 8 hr Gumshoes 1
Ted Cruz Endorses Trump 9 hr Inquisitor 15

Paris Jobs

More from around the web