First Prev
of 2
Next Last
msparker

Paris, TX

#1 Nov 19, 2011
i was going to order my cake from Swirlz in reno, but i saw a wedding cake they did a few weeks ago, and it tasted terribly. I tried to talk to they lady and she was SUPER rude. so, im considering my options to say the least.. so wheres a good place to get a wedding cake?
pinks

Irving, TX

#2 Nov 19, 2011
msparker wrote:
i was going to order my cake from Swirlz in reno, but i saw a wedding cake they did a few weeks ago, and it tasted terribly. I tried to talk to they lady and she was SUPER rude. so, im considering my options to say the least.. so wheres a good place to get a wedding cake?
Southern fancy cakes. You can find her on facebook and she also has a webpage..Jana Norris can bake by far the best cakes around here. look her up I promise you won't be sorry
Rumor Has It

Arlington, TX

#3 Nov 20, 2011
Girls and Cake! She is awesome!
sunshine

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Nov 20, 2011
Rumor Has It wrote:
Girls and Cake! She is awesome!
Is this the one on the square? If so.....no way. I went to a wedding reception and the cake was not done in the middle and looked really bad. The hostess tried to hide the problems best she could but several times the lady cutting the cake would call her over to see the gummy cake in the middle. I felt bad for them!
Rumor Has It

Arlington, TX

#5 Nov 20, 2011
Ok then my next choice is Catering For You. My family has used them before to cater a wedding and the cake was gorgeous and tasted really good.
yep

Paris, TX

#6 Nov 20, 2011
Rumor Has It wrote:
Ok then my next choice is Catering For You. My family has used them before to cater a wedding and the cake was gorgeous and tasted really good.
They are the best. Ask for their fruit waterfall also. Very classy.
weusedher

Irving, TX

#7 Nov 20, 2011
pinks wrote:
<quoted text>
Southern fancy cakes. You can find her on facebook and she also has a webpage..Jana Norris can bake by far the best cakes around here. look her up I promise you won't be sorry
We used Southern Fancy for my daughters wedding,she made the cakes plus a fruit cascade and a couple of other things,I don't think I have ever had cake that good. It was very moist and had a wonderful flavor..her prices are inline with others around here. I have another daughter getting married in the spring and I wouldn't use anyone else.

Since: May 11

United States

#9 Nov 20, 2011
You may have to pay a little more than these random people who bake cheap cakes with walmart ingredients.. but A Piece of Cake makes THE BEST cakes in Lamar County hands down.. That's why they can be higher then everyone else.. they make superior products because they use all premium ingredients.. go get a sample.. you won't be upset.
another fed up parent

United States

#10 Nov 21, 2011
Yall are all wrong. Missy at cozy cappuccino is better than anybody around this town, and is more reasonable. She can do any kind of cake and decorates them the best I have ever seen.
weusedher

Irving, TX

#11 Nov 21, 2011
Me2fool wrote:
You may have to pay a little more than these random people who bake cheap cakes with walmart ingredients.. but A Piece of Cake makes THE BEST cakes in Lamar County hands down.. That's why they can be higher then everyone else.. they make superior products because they use all premium ingredients.. go get a sample.. you won't be upset.
I'm sorry but I have used A Piece of cake for years for all kinds of cake and I will never use them as long as Southern Fancy is in business. It is incredible that you would suggest that because someone doesn't have a bakeshop that they use walmart ingredients..what are you 2 or do you work there?

United States

#12 Nov 21, 2011
weusedher wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but I have used A Piece of cake for years for all kinds of cake and I will never use them as long as Southern Fancy is in business. It is incredible that you would suggest that because someone doesn't have a bakeshop that they use walmart ingredients..what are you 2 or do you work there?
It isn't so incredible that somebody would assume that if somebody doesn't own a bakery that they would use "regular" ingredients.. nothing in my post was in any way childish so you can say I act 2.. other people can make their own judgements.. if you don't agree with my opinion of them don't buy from them.. going to personal attacks isn't going to help you.. I'm sure they won't miss your business..
weusedher

Irving, TX

#13 Nov 21, 2011
Me2fool wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't so incredible that somebody would assume that if somebody doesn't own a bakery that they would use "regular" ingredients.. nothing in my post was in any way childish so you can say I act 2.. other people can make their own judgements.. if you don't agree with my opinion of them don't buy from them.. going to personal attacks isn't going to help you.. I'm sure they won't miss your business..
I never attacked you...you attacked all the people who baked cakes that do not have a bake shop by calling them "cheap". The flour, sugar etc is the same whether you buy from walmart or sysco..just smaller or larger portions. I understand that you think A Piece of Cake is the best place to purchase cakes just as i think Southern Fancy is but the difference in my post and your is I no way degraded someones business. I'm sure the lady that ownes A Piece of Cake who rather you keep your opinions to yourself.your hurting her more than helping
dog

Paris, TX

#14 Nov 21, 2011
msparker wrote:
SO YOU WENT to a wedding, didn't like the cake that you DIDN'T pay for, then took it upon yourself to go talk to Swirlz about it?
hmmm, wonder why the lady didn't like that idea?....

United States

#15 Nov 21, 2011
Obviously if you have a bad impression upon a product.. but you want to try it yourself.. the only explanation is to talk to the the manufacturer to see what went wrong.. that was the correct course of action IMO
msparker

Paris, TX

#16 Nov 22, 2011
dog wrote:
<quoted text>
SO YOU WENT to a wedding, didn't like the cake that you DIDN'T pay for, then took it upon yourself to go talk to Swirlz about it?
hmmm, wonder why the lady didn't like that idea?....
yes, i went to a wedding, and no obviously i didnt pay for the cake.. and i went to ask her about ORDERING a cake, maybe a different flavor or whatever. why would i talk to her about a cake at someone elses wedding?
mad bride

Texarkana, TX

#17 Nov 25, 2011
msparker wrote:
I'm pretty sure the cake you're referring to was my wedding cake and yes, it did taste terribly :/ but it looked beautiful!
K Graham

Paris, TX

#18 Dec 8, 2012
Me2fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The people that own it are my FAMILY and we own the Cozy Cappuccino. I dont appreciate you down grading them. I would like to see what you can do.. Its a hard business and we all try to make EVERYONE happy. Im sure you would know how hard that is now days. Next time please keep your comments to yourself :D have a wonderful day. From the Owners DAUGHTER at the Cozy Cappuccino and the NIECE of A PIECE OF CAKE :D
Anonymous

United States

#19 Dec 8, 2012
I love A Piece of Cake. They did a wonderful job on my wedding cake. It so delicious, by the end of the reception, there wasn't even a crumb left lol.
wildcat

Arlington, TX

#20 Dec 9, 2012
if you whiny hillbilly hens want a real cake you have to go to Dallas.
K Graham

Dallas, TX

#21 Jan 22, 2013
wildcat wrote:
if you whiny hillbilly hens want a real cake you have to go to Dallas.
Your from texas too you shut your mouth about hillbilly hens when your one of em too. and why go to dallas we are talking about OUR lil country town so you keep to your big city self and we will stick with ours. THANKS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Liberal forever 18,781
City of Paris Vehicles 13 min Sasha 12
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 18 min Liberal forever 385
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 29 min Vector aka Victor... 6,386
Whew.. a more difficult word game... (Sep '09) 31 min Vector aka Victor... 7,184
Make a Sentence Out Of a 5-Letter Word (Aug '10) 32 min Vector aka Victor... 2,749
Judge Bill Harris.. Don't know the law!!!! (Apr '12) 1 hr Retired cop 106
Abbott received $1mil from Paris PEDC 2 hr Not really 39
Paris PD cause over $2000 in damage during sear... 4 hr Retired G-Man 53
Shoot out in Blossom 5 hr wallabo 82
Aldi Grocery coming to Paris? 8 hr Darell 34
pickle needs to resign 9 hr Rita 24

Paris News Video

Paris Dating
Find my Match

Paris Jobs

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE