I call b_llsh_t

Reklaw, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

they sure do! The best basketball team in the state!!:-) these boys have worked so hard and we are so proud of them!#3rd time was the charm!
I call b_llsh_t

Reklaw, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Hater!! make sure you buy a newspaper tomorrow!
I call b_llsh_t

Reklaw, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Blah blah whatever!
new world man

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

At long last, glory!!!!! Congrats go out to the coach and his staff, the players, everyone!! We have waited so long for this. So many have tried so hard for so long, and now the sweet nectar of victory. To Jimmy Slayden, To Gary Holcomb, To Finis Burks, To David Rutherford, To Gary McKnight, To Rolla Young, To Bruce Martin, To Cedric Rhone, To Cheetah Franklin, To Sidney Johnson, et.al, this team stands on your broad shoulders. And Quinton Walker will go down as the best of them all.....even better than his uncle Michael. And for those of you that are in the know here, that is saying something!
Way to go

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Congratulations boys, awesome job!! And a shout out to the moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles for giving these kids a ball instead of a video game, for driving them to practices just to turn around and pick them up, for helping with homework, for always letting them know quitting isn't an option, for going to all the games and for all the sacrifices you all made to get these guys a state championship. You all deserve a pat on the back too
DISD

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

ahh its just a state championship. get a national or a world championship and then post it. also its only a 2A hick school anyways. When you get back its back to the work milking cows and shuckin corn
congrats

Mifflinburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

congratulations to the entire Roxton Lions basketball team!
long time fan

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

very proud for Roxton!!!! good bb players, good school, good community, good people
lamar county

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

I call b_llsh_t wrote:
Blah blah whatever!
Lamar co. remembers the last state champions from Lamar co. were the Blossom bulldogs, and the 1962 runner-up state champions were Roxton, that's a long time ago, but we remember......
so proud of you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

These boys did a awesome job! We are so proud of them! To the people with the negative comments---Jealousy is so ugly! You aren't worth our time :-) lol where is your state title??? because these boys from this small hick town as you called it went all the way and brought home the gold baby!#lionsnations
curious

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

DISD wrote:
ahh its just a state championship. get a national or a world championship and then post it. also its only a 2A hick school anyways. When you get back its back to the work milking cows and shuckin corn
true. Don't forget inbreeding.
Merry

Mesquite, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

DISD wrote:
What a loser you Are...It is big to the kids that worked and sweated to get there and they deserve a pat on the back. Winning is always fun and rewarding no matter how small but then you would NOT know about that, would you LOSER?
Great

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

As a Lamar county resident and basketball fan, I salute the Coaches and players from Roxton. Great job, we are proud of you! We want to see that trophy and those smiling faces in the paper, Paris News people.
new world man

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Working milk cows and shucking corn? Inbreeding? I am disappointed that some of you are still pandering to antiquated stereotypes that are a hundred years old. It seems that many of you sit around, like birds on a wire, waiting on an opportunity to be snarky. Why the bitterness? Why the big school/little school animosity? Why the urban/rural animosity? If Roxton were in the suburbs, and if the kids worked in the mall at Old Navy, would you feel better? And what's wrong with farm and ranch work anyway? It has long been the backbone of our society, and somehow you find it in your heart to dismiss it as nonsense.

yea yeayea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

new world man wrote:
Working milk cows Pp and shucking corn? Inbreeding? I am disappointed that some of you are still pandering to antiquated stereotypes that are a hundred years old. It seems that many of you sit around, like birds on a wire, waiting on an opportunity to be snarky. Why the bitterness? Why the big school/little school animosity? Why the urban/rural animosity? If Roxton were in the suburbs, and if the kids worked in the mall at Old Navy, would you feel better? And what's wrong with farm and ranch work anyway? It has long been the backbone of our society, and somehow you find it in your heart to dismiss it as nonsense.
Well said!!
proton man

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

new world man wrote:
Working milk cows and shucking corn? Inbreeding? I am disappointed that some of you are still pandering to antiquated stereotypes that are a hundred years old. It seems that many of you sit around, like birds on a wire, waiting on an opportunity to be snarky. Why the bitterness? Why the big school/little school animosity? Why the urban/rural animosity? If Roxton were in the suburbs, and if the kids worked in the mall at Old Navy, would you feel better? And what's wrong with farm and ranch work anyway? It has long been the backbone of our society, and somehow you find it in your heart to dismiss it as nonsense.
So inbreeding does take place in the rural areas? it's just a question since you categorized it with the others. Any way I was just looking for clarification. do you think old man McDonald shucked his cows and goats? do country folk play banjos
do country folk sleep really shiit outside? do country folk really piss out the front door? can you really make butter out of the white stuff on a donkeys butt?
new world man

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

What began as a friendly homage to the local basketball team has devolved into idiocy. And everybody knows that you piss out the BACK door, off the BACK porch, so as to relieve self discreetly. Some of you have no sense of decorum. Birds on a wire.............
sizeitup

Royse City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Congrats! These kids worked hard for this!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turner PEDC No Class No Class 44 min Just get it 111
Susan 1 hr Goss Sipp 60
PEDC Report 1 hr Goss Sipp 15
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Gasman 22,192
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 17,737
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 510
Obama's Failure Foley-Syria-Iraq 2 hr washington redskins 10
Paris worst town in Texas 10 hr Nuff said 45
isis beheading of american warning graphic vide... 17 hr washington redskins 25
Local Con Artist arrested for fraud 22 hr Whiskey in a Tea Cup 11

Search the Paris Forum:
•••

Paris News Video

•••
•••

Paris Jobs

•••