Henry Smith was NOT the victim!!

Henry Smith was NOT the victim!!

Posted in the Paris Forum

reality

Paris, TX

#1 Apr 21, 2012
Three and a half year old Myrtle Vance was.

I so sick of these bleeding heart re-writers of history making a murdering, raping fiend out to be the victim.

Even the Black community supported the actions brought to him.
They were as sickened and appalled as the White community of Paris is 1893.
Who

Paris, TX

#2 Apr 21, 2012
Who is Henry Smith in the first place and why are we worrand about him in 2012

“This too shall pass”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 21, 2012
reality wrote:
Three and a half year old Myrtle Vance was.
I so sick of these bleeding heart re-writers of history making a murdering, raping fiend out to be the victim.
Even the Black community supported the actions brought to him.
They were as sickened and appalled as the White community of Paris is 1893.
The child was the victim. But to have murdered the perp by the torturing that was done was wrong, too. If they'd just have hung him and killed him at that, but to take him down and do the things they did, is not excusable.
Men, black and white have done that bad and worse ever since and were at least given a trial before sentencing.
I had relatives who had been alive at this time and they didn't go to view it. Not everyone was blood thirsty at that time. He should have been hung till he died, not tortured to death.

As to black people agreeing with it, I have never read or heard any thing to back that up. Maybe so, maybe not.
Agree

Paris, TX

#4 Apr 21, 2012
No one needs to be tortured. Especially a child.
Define torture

Paris, TX

#5 Apr 21, 2012
Torture is the systematic and deliberate infliction of acute pain by one person on another, or on a third person, in order to accomplish the purpose of the former against the will of the latter."[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture

"Recent times" in the context of this article is from 10 December 1948, when the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

[edit] Torture perpetrators

By definition, torture is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. Those most likely to be involved in torture include persons such as:[77]
prison officers/detention staff
the police
criminals
the military
paramilitary forces
state-controlled contra-guerilla forces

But perpetrators may also include:
health professionals
legal professionals
co-detainees acting with the approval or on the orders of public officials
death squads

In the context of armed conflicts, torture and other forms of ill-treatment could also be inflicted by:
opposition forces
the general population (in a civil war situation)
Rehab for torture victims

Paris, TX

#6 Apr 21, 2012
Rehabilitation

The aim of rehabilitation is to empower the torture victim to resume as full a life as possible. Rebuilding the life of someone whose dignity has been destroyed takes time and as a result long-term material, medical, psychological and social support is needed.[122]

Treatment must be a coordinated effort that covers both physical and psychological aspects. It is important to take into consideration the patients' needs, problems, expectations, views and cultural references.[122]

The consequences of torture are likely to be influenced by many internal and external factors. Therefore, rehabilitation needs to employ different treatment approaches, taking into account the victims' individual needs, as well as the cultural, social and political environment.[
interesting

Paris, TX

#8 Apr 21, 2012
searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>

As to black people agreeing with it, I have never read or heard any thing to back that up. Maybe so, maybe not.
Look on the other Henry Smith thread. the text and the link was put on there.
BBHC

Spring, TX

#9 Apr 22, 2012
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>Look on the other Henry Smith thread. the text and the link was put on there.
Blacks agreed because back then, agree was the only option up for discussion. The torture of Smith wasn't intended just for Smith, it was a message for the rest of Paris' blacks.

“What did you say ??”

Since: Dec 11

Under your bed.

#10 Apr 22, 2012
searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
The child was the victim. But to have murdered the perp by the torturing that was done was wrong, too. If they'd just have hung him and killed him at that, but to take him down and do the things they did, is not excusable.
Men, black and white have done that bad and worse ever since and were at least given a trial before sentencing.
I had relatives who had been alive at this time and they didn't go to view it. Not everyone was blood thirsty at that time. He should have been hung till he died, not tortured to death.
I agree. Two wrongs were done here. I feel for the little Vance girl and her family. I also feel for what Henry was put through and for his family. The result of capital punishment should be a quick and fairly painless death. I read a while back what Henry went through, that his bones and teeth were dispersed as "trophies", and that someone in Paris owns a pocketwatch made from his bone/teeth. I have never seen the watch and don't know this to be true. But I don't see either of these deaths as anything to be proud of. There were 2 wrongs and a lot of broken hearts because of these wrongs. Anyone with half a heart should have compassion for both Myrtle Vance and for Henry Smith.
keep reading

Paris, TX

#11 Apr 22, 2012
Blah--Blah--Blah wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Two wrongs were done here. I feel for the little Vance girl and her family. I also feel for what Henry was put through and for his family. The result of capital punishment should be a quick and fairly painless death. I read a while back what Henry went through, that his bones and teeth were dispersed as "trophies", and that someone in Paris owns a pocketwatch made from his bone/teeth. I have never seen the watch and don't know this to be true. But I don't see either of these deaths as anything to be proud of. There were 2 wrongs and a lot of broken hearts because of these wrongs. Anyone with half a heart should have compassion for both Myrtle Vance and for Henry Smith.
In the link posted on the other thread, a letter from his wife was added to the book written. She had left him because of the abuse he inflicted upon her when she tried to protect her own daughter ( age 8)from his advances on her.

“This too shall pass”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#13 Apr 22, 2012
BBHC wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks agreed because back then, agree was the only option up for discussion. The torture of Smith wasn't intended just for Smith, it was a message for the rest of Paris' blacks.
Actually, there were 2 black men in the posse that went to Ark. to get Smith. No one made them go.
I agree that the punishment was intended as a visible threat to any one else who killed a white child.
The Way I C It

Paris, TX

#14 Apr 22, 2012
searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there were 2 black men in the posse that went to Ark. to get Smith. No one made them go.
I agree that the punishment was intended as a visible threat to any one else who killed a white child.
Do you think the people were concerned only about white children?
keep reading

Paris, TX

#15 Apr 22, 2012
searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
and it worked for 30 something years for blacks and whites.
Just Me

Weatherford, TX

#16 Apr 22, 2012
Myrtle vance was most definetly a victim of murder.

Henry Smith was a victim of mob brutality and insanity.

A sane person could not find pleasure or comfort in burning someone alive. Period.

While it is understandable that the childs parents and family would want justice, and yes, even revenge, a sane person simply could not condone such paganistic, barbaric behavior .

Stalin, Hitler. Pol Pot, Hussein, Ghenkis Kahn and the likes were mentally deranged and evil. Some even say they were demon possessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garage Door Repair (Sep '09) 2 min I love a know it all 14
Superville will be voted out over Confederate s... 21 min Parisian Elites 35
Homeschooling is the only safe school. 23 min Answer 2
Reno Police Chief Resigns Immediately 34 min STFU 157
Deport mayor (Aug '17) 1 hr Peanut butter 268
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 7 hr Judy 123 7,021
4-Word Game (Oct '09) 7 hr Judy 123 5,714
Shooting just now 11 hr Grisham 74

Paris Jobs

More from around the web